Looking for a counselor/therapist in Seattle who is AB/DL aware

Status
Not open for further replies.

rileyroo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone know of any counselor/therapist in the Seattle area who is AB aware? I'd really appreciate the help on some problems I'm working through.

Thank you.

Ranthor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but aren't counselors bound by some kind of a non-disclosure agreement? Also, these counselors do hear some odd things from day to day. I'm sure wearing diapers/"ABDL" is not that far from center. I remember my college psych prof. telling me about this child she had who would essentially mess into a cup because that was the only thing they could control.

Point I'm making, you shouldn't have to worry about if a counselor is AB/DL aware. Find a counselor that you are comfortable seeing, fits into your budget, and can get you the type of help you need. He or she will not have any qualms about AB/DL.

Tezzeh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
You could also try out this site, which has KAP's across the country listed, no guarantees though.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but aren't counselors bound by some kind of a non-disclosure agreement? Also, these counselors do hear some odd things from day to day. I'm sure wearing diapers/"ABDL" is not that far from center. I remember my college psych prof. telling me about this child she had who would essentially mess into a cup because that was the only thing they could control.

Point I'm making, you shouldn't have to worry about if a counselor is AB/DL aware. Find a counselor that you are comfortable seeing, fits into your budget, and can get you the type of help you need. He or she will not have any qualms about AB/DL.

Well just because they are aware of odd things, doesn't mean they are friendly to it. I went to a Councillor who was of my same religion, so he felt more able to take a religious perspective (that i think was incorrect) and tell me that everything about my little side was bad. Then he proceeded to jack around with my head.
I do agree with you though, a councilor doesn't need to know anything about AB/DL's to be able to help you out, I go to a different one right now and she has given me some excellent help, and didn't know anything about AB/DL's. I think it is important to just find one that doesn't seem self absorbed and sound like they are trying to peruse indoctrinating you with a religious perspective, that isn't even the perspective of that religion. Or better said, find somebody that understands that everyone thinks differently, and most of the time that is a good thing.

cm90210

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I saw a therapist in Seattle for a whole who was a sex expert. He was definitely NOT Abdl aware and it was a detriment to the therapy. Op - PM me for more info on that individual. I don't want to post the name publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.