I love it so much! Btw I snagged this from the women's section teehee

Attachments

• 20190228_153507.jpg
    20190228_153507.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Moonshot and Seasonedcitizen
Aww... That's to adorable!

Cool

That is cute. The big mystery is, I didn't know that Woolworth's was still in business. I remember going to Woolworth back when I was a little kid in the '50s. There also used to be a chain store called "The Five and Dime" where I guess everything was cheap, like five cents and ten.

dogboy said:
That is cute. The big mystery is, I didn't know that Woolworth's was still in business. I remember going to Woolworth back when I was a little kid in the '50s. There also used to be a chain store called "The Five and Dime" where I guess everything was cheap, like five cents and ten.
Pretty sure the US one is dead but it was a popular name. I know there was/is a UK Woolworth's and perhaps others.

Trevor said:
Pretty sure the US one is dead but it was a popular name. I know there was/is a UK Woolworth's and perhaps others.

Yes, the US based Woolworth went out-of-business years ago but the chain in the UK survived (not sure if the two chains were related or not).

Woolworth in the UK ceased trading in 2009. Woolworths started out in the UK in 1909 as F W Woolworth and Co., part of the American Company that was established in 1879 . It did try to trade as an online bussines for a while but did not last very long.

Yes, F. W. Woolworth. That sure brings back a lot of memories from when I was a little kid. Interesting how many big companies have gone out of business. In NYC and Philadelphia, Gimbals used to be right across the street from Macy's. Now there's only Macy's and they've closed a lot of their stores.

Back