Look what I got for my room today...awesome or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, found this guy on Craigslist and look what I got today for FREE. Now, to figure out what works and what everything is. I'm esp. curious to this music control panel thingy. Here comes the geek pr0n.

100_0617.JPG

100_0618.JPG

100_0619.JPG

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
19" cabinet. It's a server rack I think. Looks about as deep as my fingertips to where my arm bends, about 15" or more?

Role
  1. Private
19" cabinet. It's a server rack I think. Looks about as deep as my fingertips to where my arm bends, about 15" or more?

Sounds like a DJ rack. (Or a "media rack".)

A proper 42U-type server cabinet would be much deeper than that, as you're accommodating the box and cables AND cable-management.

Either way, that's great.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What I wouldn't have killed to have that server rack back in the day when I used rackmount keyboard sequencers, mixers, and sample machines for musiic. >,> There were never enough rack units to house enough of that shit! I am jealous, sir! Your second machine appears to be a DAT cue-panel/mixer. I'm not sure how much use you'd get out of it without some other components, but you might have some luck messing around!

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yea, that mixer or whatever it is has a vga output or something similar to it. It also has an s-video port on it to o_O

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I'm more interested in the JAZ drive. XD [I still use ZIP drives, just for light not-very-important backups to be stored for a few months at a time.]

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
  1. Private
Dude, how much do you want for that 19 inch rack? Wow, I would kill for one of those. (What's sad is that I actually have enough equipment to fill a good part of it...)

--Danny :ninja:

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Dude, how much do you want for that 19 inch rack? Wow, I would kill for one of those. (What's sad is that I actually have enough equipment to fill a good part of it...)

It's not as deep as a server rack, but close to it. I've been seeing em on eBay for around $250.

D

Deleted member 221

nice rack there Brycie boy.
good to hear you got that junk for free, enjoy it :D
p.s. if you got it for free how did it get to you? postage would be heaps for that

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other

That's pretty much my first though when I saw it. How the heck did you managed to get given one of those? all the ones I've looked are either expensive or too small (depth and height).

Yea, that mixer or whatever it is has a vga output or something similar to it. It also has an s-video port on it to o_O
I some how doubt they are given out video signals :p. I am not too sure about audio especially digital audio systems. Surely you can google the make and model and pull up the manual for it or something?

S

secretdl26

I have seen something similar at an audio engineer's house, but it was a little shorter. Considering using it for anything in particular?

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
nice rack there Brycie boy.
good to hear you got that junk for free, enjoy it :D
p.s. if you got it for free how did it get to you? postage would be heaps for that

Found it on craigslist. It's been up there for about 2 months. So, when I drove my dad to Chapel Hill to the dentist we went by and picked it up. It fit nicely in my Vibe lol.

@secretdl26: I'm going to build some shelves for it some day and throw all my crap in it and just run longer cables to my desk.

J

Jeffy

Yup. That's a server rack :3 My dad hoards these from his office and makes cool stuff out of em.

S

secretdl26

@secretdl26: I'm going to build some shelves for it some day and throw all my crap in it and just run longer cables to my desk.

Actually I saw a nearly similar piece of equipment in my friend's (who is a professional DJ) truck and asked him about it. It's a useful piece of tech to have. Congrats on a good find!

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
We like to lock people in the server racks sometimes. Its the tech junky version of being stuffed in a locker :p Gotta have the locking Shark type setup though.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Mine had a lock on it, but it came w/o a key and was locked so I removed it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.