Look at me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
So I took some pretty pictures with my new camera the other day, and I figured a great way to break in the camera was to take some pictures of me spinning some poi.

Now poi is a style of dance from New Zealand, basically the movement that can be done while spinning a ball on a 2 foot leash. The pictures below are from two separate poi leashes, 22 inches in length. Each leash is comprised of two electronic glowsticks, commonly called streetlights.

Each picture was exposed for 1 second, with a f-stop of 2.7.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Funky but I don't think it should be used in a club as a rave stick or so. Even if you don't.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
oooohh aaaaaah

i love artecko. (thats what my dad calls it)

D

Doodle

ooooooooo pretty lights...... i like shiney stuff ;P
-doodle

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Nice. I'm just starting with photography. Got an old SLR and everything.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Oooooo.....Purdy!

That would be a cool thing to have when going to a rave. If you are good enough to control it so you do not knock anyone out lol. :D

Kiwi_Sin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Now poi is a style of dance from New Zealand, basically the movement that can be done while spinning a ball on a 2 foot leash.
YAY its like a History lession at skool! NZ ROX YA SOX!! I love it down here, tho I'd have to as I have not been aywhere else. I dont even own a passport.

I do Fire Poi... and Fire breathing

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I like to make the shutter expose for like 15 seconds and write my name. Its hard though because you have to write it backwards :/

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I like to make the shutter expose for like 15 seconds and write my name. Its hard though because you have to write it backwards :/
The coolest shutter exposure I've seen was a face next to the heart.

As for fire, my god spinning fire is the best natural high on the planet!! There's noise, and pure bloody energy flying around you. As soon as I get some new fire heads, I'll totally put up some fire pics.

As for now, here is just some glowsticking pics.

RAWR! I has teeth.

ZOMG! My face! Sorta!

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
ooh! what do you use to blow fire? i learned how to do it with white flour. it's not ideal -- it kind of gets up your nose after a while, but blowing fire is so damn cool that it doesn't even really matter. ^.^

i've heard you can do it with bacardi 151, but real circus performers use a really fine, highly flammable powder made out of hemp.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
ooh! what do you use to blow fire? i learned how to do it with white flour. it's not ideal -- it kind of gets up your nose after a while, but blowing fire is so damn cool that it doesn't even really matter. ^.^

i've heard you can do it with bacardi 151, but real circus performers use a really fine, highly flammable powder made out of hemp.
I don't think I've mentioned fire breathing in my post...I find it way to dangerous to learn by myself. The right liquid hard to get, it takes a lot of practice to just get the right amount of force, and the consequences of screwing up are to large. I had a friend that was in the hospital for a very long time as his lungs rebuilt themselves after he sucked in the flame.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
oops sorry. i thought that was you who posted that, but actually it was kiwi_sin. well i redirect my questions toward him.

blowing fire can be dangerous, especially if you use liquid because if you blow it in too thick a stream the fire can race backwards down your throat and scorch your esophagous. with powder it's a little bit less risky, but it can still explode in your face if you're not careful.

LinusBlueSnow

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This is so awesome, I love the glowstick patterns, and the poi flames are really cool. Have you ever gotten burned doing it? It seems really really fun, but how'd you learn to do it and how long have you been doing poi?

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Fire spinning... fire breathing... You New Zealenders are insane.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Necro the thread!!

So I got some new fire poi and after preparing the wicks, gave them a spin when some friends came over. Here are some pictures of the event, same camera settings as the glowsticks.

This one is my favorite, simple because the pose looks hilarious in my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.