Long Haul Bus Trips

Chinababy888

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Recently I was thinking about the possibility of going on a holiday in the USA by road, at some point in the future before I reach 60 as I am now 42/43

I was thinking of taking the greyhound or other bus companies from San Francisco CA or Los Angeles CA to Las Vegas NV, mostly because I don't drive aka I don't have a driving license do this would entail instead having to travel long distances by bus/ coach.

And the one thing that I have been told many times is that truckstops aren't the most hygienic of places to go to the toliets/restrooms so I was wondering if I should wear diapers if possible for this kind of journey or long overnight road trip.

As I am already partially incontinent so do beed to wear diapers/nappies from time to time for medical and my own personal reasons.

Anyway I was thinking of revisiting Route 66 something that I haven't been since I was 2-3years old when I was still a Toddler traveling with my pearants, see my post on that if you haven't already done so.

Anyway I was wondering what type of diaper is suitable for long durations and should I pack a diaper bag for myself?

Anyway this is justvan Idea for the time being as I haven't booked anything and its pretty much a pipe dream so to speak of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
Hi Chinababy888, sounds like a very fun trip you are planning. I have taken very long trips diapered( as I am 24/7 )
It varies quite a bit, depends on how much you wet in a certain time frame.
What I have used on the road is Rearz incontrol
and Trest Elite.
These have held up wonderfully on a 10-15 hour road trip leg.

You would never catch me on Greyhound. For the price you will pay, consider Amtrack or Southwest Airlines. Whatever mode of transportation you choose, a diaper bag is acceptable.

Reactions: barkd74, Edgewater and JoeMusic1976
Chinababy888 said:
Recently I was thinking about the possibility of going on a holiday in the USA by road, at some point in the future before I reach 60 as I am now 42/43

I was thinking of taking the greyhound or other bus companies from San Francisco CA or Los Angeles CA to Las Vegas NV, mostly because I don't drive aka I don't have a driving license do this would entail instead having to travel long distances by bus/ coach.

And the one thing that I have been told many times is that truckstops aren't the most hygienic of places to go to the toliets/restrooms so I was wondering if I should wear diapers if possible for this kind of journey or long overnight road trip.

As I am already partially incontinent so do beed to wear diapers/nappies from time to time for medical and my own personal reasons.

Anyway I was thinking of revisiting Route 66 something that I haven't been since I was 2-3years old when I was still a Toddler traveling with my pearants, see my post on that if you haven't already done so.

Anyway I was wondering what type of diaper is suitable for long durations and should I pack a diaper bag for myself?

Anyway this is justvan Idea for the time being as I haven't booked anything and its pretty much a pipe dream so to speak of.
If you don't care about how thick it discreet it is definitely go for a trest diaper. They will last quite a while. But if u ended up having to change in the bathroom on the bus people outside would definitely hear the tapes coming off 😬.
I usually use trest when I'm traveling by plane or motorcycle because they will last me 8-12 hours without needing a change.

Scott729 said:
You would never catch me on Greyhound. For the price you will pay, consider Amtrack or Southwest Airlines. Whatever mode of transportation you choose, a diaper bag is acceptable.
I second this.

Find a scenic route on Amtrak.
That is something I want to do at some point:
Take Amtrak from Chicago to Seattle on the California Zephyr,
then hike and camp in the mountain.
Take the train (not sure which one that is at the moment) down to L.A.
and then from there the Southwest Chief to Chicago again.

Reactions: CptKirk and Edgewater
Amtrak is a better choice as the overall experience is better especially using Chicago as a start /return is a great idea.
Yes, a Diaper Bag is highly recommended!

Reactions: CptKirk
Edgewater said:
Amtrak is a better choice as the overall experience is better especially using Chicago as a start /return is a great idea.
Yes, a Diaper Bag is highly recommended!
Just be ready that the journey sometimes is the destination.
Amtrak is late more often than not.
I would NOT use Amtrak for my daily commute to work lol

JoeMusic1976 said:
I second this.

Find a scenic route on Amtrak.
That is something I want to do at some point:
Take Amtrak from Chicago to Seattle on the California Zephyr,
then hike and camp in the mountain.
Take the train (not sure which one that is at the moment) down to L.A.
and then from there the Southwest Chief to Chicago again.
That sounds like so much fun. I need to go on a trip soon. I havnt escaped Seattle in over a year. Just so busy at work and havnt had the money for a vacation. All this talk of vacation is making me dream of ways I can escape the trap of working in a city

Reactions: Edgewater and JoeMusic1976
Sounds like a nice trip. Northshore Megamax and Rearz incontrol are two that have worked well for long trips. A bag or backpack is certainly a good idea.

For the California to Las Vegas part of your trip, I'd recommend a different bus line than greyhound. Las vegas especially should have other options that'd be a more pleasant ride.

Wearing diapers on long haul bus trip is must.

Back