LOL...stupid mom online doesn't know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
...Some people should not be allowed to have kids, because they're too stupid to raise em right...

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Okay, ya'll. Come on.

Clearly she's never used a cloth diaper before, so how could she know?

I didn't know. It took me about ten minutes to figure out what she'd done wrong, and even then it was a new fact for me.

Role
  1. Private
...Some people should not be allowed to have kids, because they're too stupid to raise em right...

I second that. I wonder if she was dropped on her head as a baby.:dunno:

now i'm tired and hungry:pizza: and it's 3:09am

Korey

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ALL cloth diapers have to have plastic pants ALL the time? I never knew that to be honest, but yeah she was a liiiiiiiiiiittle slow. A little. Slow.

JustInCase

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wow, that lady needs to use some common sense. I mean just look at a disposable there's a water proof cover and an absorbent core, why would a cloth diaper be any different?

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Did someone help her or did everyone just point and laugh?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
In this world of quick and disposable products, you can't really blame her for not knowing. Now, if there was a clear indication that plastic pants are needed with cloth diapers, on the cloth diaper package, then I would have to agree that some sense is needed. Otherwise, it's a bit much to jump all over her for not knowing. For us, it's pretty obvious, since, you know...We're into these things.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Until I got into *BDL I didn't even know that cloth diapers existed. I had never heard of plastic pants or anything like that. While, I would have done my research and probably found out if I wanted to use them for my child, there is no reason that I would have known before the research. For someone who is used to diapers that come in a pack and you just tape on and that's that, it is not entirely suprising she made the mistake.

Her mistake was lack of research, nothing else. She was a bit stupid for not looking into it, but not the complete idiot who probably needs help dressing herself, let alone her baby that you lot are making her out to be.

Everyone makes mistakes, and hers doesn't deserve the retribution that you are poring down on it. Go find someone who regularly responds to YouTube videos and laugh at them instead. A large number of people who comment on YouTube regularly probably were dropped on their heads or something.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
where was she from with such an accent?

it wasnt bad that she made that mistake, it was bad that she uploaded a youtube video asking how to remedy the situation. (easier to search for a tutorial, and there are lots on the youtubes...)

Role
  1. Other
where was she from with such an accent?

it wasnt bad that she made that mistake, it was bad that she uploaded a youtube video asking how to remedy the situation. (easier to search for a tutorial, and there are lots on the youtubes...)

My guess from both her looks and accent would be eastern Europe.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wonder if she just wanted her 15 minutes of fame? Anyone who can put a video of themselves up on you tube can certainly figure out how to use cloth diapers.

D

daria7483

Yeah, I don't quite understand why she made a video for youtube, unless she fancies herself some parenting expert...which she clearly is not, at least when it comes to diapering. I do agree that a new mom today, probably born in the late 70s or 80s, would not automatically know that cloth diapers require plastic pants, you have to use many at once, etc. I don't blame her there; I wouldn't know these things if I wasn't an AB. Gerber ought to put more explicit directions on the package (assuming they don't). But I do wonder how you could hold up a cloth thinner than a Kleenex and think it will absorb liquid. Then again, baby disposables aren't much thicker...

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Before i knew about *B/DL, i knew what cloth diapers were, but i had NO IDEA what plastic pants were, or why they were even used. i guess she just didnt know?

on my defense, it took me less than 30 seconds on GOOGLE to figure it out.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Those asking why she made a video, at the end, she asked for any advice into the matter. So most likely, she made it to gather information. She could have gotten information from many other portals, but she chose Youtube.

Role
  1. Other
We could forgive her ignorance if she didn't post a Youtube without doing research...she's getting what she deserves. If she asked on a forum or something I'm sure the responses would be all positive.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Maybe she should have googled Deeker's website. He is big on using cloth diapers...:rolleyes:

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I also didn't know about plastic pants until I started in the *B/DL community. It's not very common knowledge. In fact, I remember watching the Simpsons when Ralph says "Daddy, these rubber pants are hot.." and for the life of me I had no idea why he would be wearing pants to bed that were made of rubber :rolleyes:

But...she is a mother, and usually when people have kids they do a bit of research on this sort of thing or ask friends etc... I mean, she lives in the age of the internet. A quick google search would have answered it for her. She obviously had the time since she made a video for youtube..

Status
Not open for further replies.