Status
Not open for further replies.

Torch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
I have a locked door to my "little" room which I have set aside in my house just for me to partake in "babytime" but I like to have guests and get togethers at my place a lot. I usually manage to distract guests away from my mysterious door, but I just had my sister move in with me and am about to try and let her in on my "little"secret. Anyone else been in this position? Any suggestions?

S

Speck

Don't. Just tell her it's for storage and leave it at that...

TeddyHugs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
It really depends on how open minded she is and the dynamic of your relationship. If in doubt, don't do it, and just say it's storage that you would rather she stayed out of.

Edit: Like note said above :p

Torch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
Am I supposed to keep sneaking in and out after everyone's asleep. Should I just kill the idea of having my baby space. I guess this might be a case of "having cake and eating it to". My sis might be living with me for a while

Edit: I know I could tell my sis an it would probably work out but. I would like to hear from Someone who has experience with keepin a nursery ( for lack of A better word) private in there household when unknowing guests are abound

Last edited:

dprpantsnpypants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I am thinking about doing this - mainly to prevent the kids from wandering in there. As a hobby, I work on high-voltage equipment so I was planning on using that as an excuse for the lock. One could easily contrive some other excuse, for example, tell people you have a home-made gravitational-wave detection experiment running and that entering the room would completely screw it up - hence the lock! Well, maybe not that but you get the idea. But if she is living there it will be much harder, eventually she will become curious.... and your tangled web of lies harder to maintain!! That is why I have not implemented this myself yet, just not sure it is a good idea. Maybe better to just keep things put away.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This might not be the advice you'd like to hear, but I'd suggest converting it to a normal room. Keep all the nursery stuff and pack it away somewhere that people don't look, like your own closet or an attic. If you have one or more free days, you can pull it out and set up shop, then pack it away when you're done.

It might be nicer to have a permanent nursery, but setting aside an entire room is quite a commitment and I'd suggest considering a compromise that doesn't make you constantly paranoid about your relatives.

aKiwi

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I find that locks scream "something is in here please come find out what." I suppose it would probably be better to conceal stuff in an everyday place so you do not draw attention.

TyphaHare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I have such a good relationship with my siblings that I could just go "Yo, don't go into that room, I keep it locked since it's my fetish cave/nursery" but then again I don't feel shame and my nonchalant way of stating things like that very matter-of-factly has rubbed on to people I know and they can't get worked up anymore.
My advice; don't make it into a big deal.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
If it was me, i would feel like it was a justifiable reason for letting her in on your secret, I mean, if you are letting her live in your house, then the least she could do is let you feel comfortable in you own house, especially when you are being so hospitable.
If she is the type that is open minded, then it probably is not going to be a problem letting her know, and at least saying, "I just wanted to give you the heads up in case if you accidentally notice anything." You might just be able to wait until she asks what is behind the door too, that would probably be the easiest and most appropriate way to bring it up.
My two of my sisters know about my little side, and I was super hesitant about telling them, but I needed somebody to talk to. After they found out what i was so hesitant about they just thought it was silly that i was so worried, and were happy i could trust them.

Foley

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I would opt for removing it personally and setting the room back to normal for the duration of her stay.

However, if you feel that's not an option, than it's only going to be a matter of time. Better from you than letting her come to her own conclusions when she sneaks in.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you lived in Colorado, you could say you were growing pot in there. I have a spare bedroom where I keep all of my diapers and most of my baby stuff. When company comes over for the day or evening, I close the closet door, where it all lives. But if one of my kids is staying the night, I pack it all up into garbage bags and keep it hidden.

The problem here, as Tyger said, is that this is your house. It's one thing to have company for a week, but months and months? At some point you should be able to be you. Perhaps you could hint at what's in there, but make it known that you need to have your privacy. You could call it a fantasy room and leave it at that.

Torch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
Thank you all for the input, I have been thinking more about it all day today, and have come to a few conclusions. I thought about my decision to set this room aside in the first place and why I did it. It was because I decided at that point that my little side will always be with me, It always has and deserves to be cared for. When I decided to dedicate a whole room of my house to my baby side I pretty much already made the decision that I deserve to care for my little side and no matter who finds out about it, I would deal with it. So I have decided to keep the room. As far as my sister goes, I know i will have to tell her at some point, and I think the easiest way would be to just let here ask questions and answer them matter of factly and with pride, not shame.
So It almost happened about 15 minutes ago, she was saying that she tried to wake me up this morning, and that I wouldn't budge. I laughed and told her that she was trying to wake up my pillows and that I was sleeping in the other room. She asked why, and I chickened out and just said, "because I like to sleep in there". She gave me a weird look and an "ooh kaaaay" and that was the end of the conversation.
Here is the fun part about this whole thing. I am leaving tomorrow for europe for a couple of weeks, and she is house sitting for me. I hope i can find the courage to satisfy her curiosity before I leave so she doesn't try and draw any irrational conclusions while i'm gone

^ oh and I have used that POT excuse a couple of times before, telling friends that I dont want anyone in there because of the risk of contaminating the plants with bugs. But at this point in my life, I would rather not lie about things I cant change If at all possible.

Oh and another thing I did today was clean the room spotless, getting rid of any bit of grossness, and hiding anything really taboo like diapers, binkies, baby clothes in my closet. I tried my best to make the room cute and realistic as possible so if anyone finds there way in there, hopefully the first thought is OHHH how cute!!!. Not OHHH I think I need to barf. The only think really weird thats in plain sight is my oversized crib.

Last edited:

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Well way to go standing up for yourself. Good luck for whenever it comes up.

sjm1225

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
It's a shame you can't conceal the room in a way that has only a secret passage to it like a movable wall or even a closet. Or better yet even build one under the house or in the attic if you have a super large house.

I know lyings wrong but would it be plausible to say i may have kids one day and that the interior is ready made for it.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Oh and another thing I did today was clean the room spotless, getting rid of any bit of grossness, and hiding anything really taboo like diapers, binkies, baby clothes in my closet. I tried my best to make the room cute and realistic as possible so if anyone finds there way in there, hopefully the first thought is OHHH how cute!!!. Not OHHH I think I need to barf. The only think really weird thats in plain sight is my oversized crib.

I like this idea. Good luck on your trip and however you handle things with your sister.

SoakedinTexas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I too have a full room with crib and adult high chair. I decided long ago just to leave it unlocked. If someone sees it and asks then I tell them if they don't ask I say nothing. I have not had a negative response to the nursery yet. Those that have seen it think that it is cool others have said nothing. I think just leave it unlocked and see what sis says.

sjm1225

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I decided long ago just to leave it unlocked. If someone sees it and asks then I tell them if they don't ask I say nothing. I have not had a negative response to the nursery yet. Those that have seen it think that it is cool others have said nothing. I think just leave it unlocked and see what sis says.

ah i get it, locked door implies something to hide. take it out of the equation, it becomes less of a big deal. you don't need to say anything unless they ask.

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm not going lie, it sounds like an uncomfortable situation pretty much no matter what you do. I would say either keep the room and tell her or put it in storage and keep your secret. Definitely don't keep it if you can't tell her, because that will just make her suspicious and nothing good can come of that. There are going to be distinct advantages and disadvantages to each.

If you keep it, you'll be able to stand firm in your resolution to nurture your little side and obviously you'll be able to keep using it freely. However, be aware that it may make her very uncomfortable with the idea of living with you. It also opens up the possibility that she may tell others in your family, so be prepared to be outed if you go this route. Plus, since she's your family, if she reacts poorly, you're going to have to live with that. It's not like with a girlfriend or boyfriend where, worst case scenario, you break up and never have to see them again. I'd definitely tell her about your baby side first, far in advance of talking about your space, as that could be a lot to take in at once.

If you get rid of it, you'll be able to keep your secret and avoid all the danger and awkwardness of being out. You could try disguising some of the obvious stuff (depends of course on what it is. You can't really make a crib look like anything other than a crib) or getting a storage unit for it, and the smaller things (diapers, toys, etc.) you could keep hidden to use when you have the opportunity. But then you've got to go sneaking around, and of course you lose a lot of your freedom with that.

If it were me, I'd hide it, but it's all a matter of personal choice and how much of a risk-taker you are. Is she staying short-term or is this a permanent arrangement? That would also factor heavily into the equation if it were me. If it were a temporary thing, even if it were as long as a few years, that would make a stronger case for hiding it.

Torch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
I'm thankfull that my sister is open minded and most of my close familly knows anyways so her finding out probably won't be a big deal, it's just hard starting the conversation. Putting the stuff in storage and taking it out every time was getting real old when I was doing that. May as well have nothing except diapers. I think I will just keep the lock on the door so people can't just walk in, but tell the truth to anyone who's interested, and act like its no big thing ( it really isn't anyway right?). Also the more people who know I like to play baby, the better the chance of someone wanting to play along, which is something I'd like.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I'm thankfull that my sister is open minded and most of my close familly knows anyways so her finding out probably won't be a big deal, it's just hard starting the conversation. Putting the stuff in storage and taking it out every time was getting real old when I was doing that. May as well have nothing except diapers. I think I will just keep the lock on the door so people can't just walk in, but tell the truth to anyone who's interested, and act like its no big thing ( it really isn't anyway right?). Also the more people who know I like to play baby, the better the chance of someone wanting to play along, which is something I'd like.

Sometimes. I mean, I have a lot of people now that know about my little side, and sometimes they will throw a joke at me about it and that is always fun. My personal thing is that I feel the need to let people know about my little side that I trust, so maybe one day if they come across somebody that they think would accept my little side, maybe then i would have a better chance at finding the right girl.

So, yeah, if you keep to the truth, i think that sometimes it can work out for the better. You might have some casualties along the way, but that is why you just need to be smart about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.