• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Local chemists...do they order in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillan221

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hi, I remember someone saying a while ago that a lot of chemists, if asked, would order in a specific brand for you. Is this true, and can anybody possibly give a list of chemists (chain ones, not individual) that do this in the UK?

I can not order online at the moment (Father off work due to injury) and figure this is my best option.

Thanks
Dill

dillan221

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Flanders,they can be either in the uk. Is there any brits here that can confirm this?

Regards

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've heard that you can do that with some chemists. Doubt a chain pharmacy would do it though. Single chemists tend to be more helpful because most people use chains (because of marketing) and this gets them more money.

I imagine a local pharmacy will order in for you though, if you phone them, or even if necessary you went into the shop - if you are brave enough.

Good luck!

(as you may have noticed in the UK the words pharmacy/pharmacist and chemist are interchangeable)

Intershop

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I actually got a chain chemist to order me in some Tena slip maxi's it was kinda unexpected.

If your interested i went more indepth in this post:
http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-talk/10618-australian-nappies.html#post204611

Be weary tho as they might gouge you a bit. Also be warned if you want to just get a pack they might get a bit pissed as they have to order a whole case.
Also i don't know if its the norm but i was kinda shocked when they rang up the price for me after they ordered it in.

Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
I am not sure... but if you have walgreens there... they can older molicares for you. :D.

diaperedwolfcub

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
^ Ooh! For real? There is a Walgreens about 6 miles from my house... It's a good healthy bike ride, but if you are right, it would be worth it.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
^ Ooh! For real? There is a Walgreens about 6 miles from my house... It's a good healthy bike ride, but if you are right, it would be worth it.
You are probbly gonna hafta order a case :/

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
No big deal.... I hide everything in a small, forgotten crawlspace in my basement... Then I take a little more than what I need, and hide it behind some shelving. It's all good!

S

Secret

I am not sure... but if you have walgreens there... they can older molicares for you. :D.

diaperedwolfcub
Can you elaborate on this possibly?

Is it only a case or one package or what?
How did you get it special oredered?

Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent

Is it only a case or one package or what?
How did you get it special oredered?
I believe it is a case. I am sure you can go in and have them order it right from them in the store. You can also go to walgreens.com. If you have any questions specifically please ask. :D I will try my best to answer.

diaperedwolfcub

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I've "ordered" both Molicares (which I don't believe they can get anymore) and Attends for store pickup at Walgreens before, but I haven't in a year or so. When I ordered, individual packs were available, or full cases as others have mentioned. All you have to do is stop in, in person, or give them a call... Tell them what you want, and in 1-3 days check in to see if they arrived (I've never had it take more than 24 hours). There are no shipping charges, and when I've ordered them the price was the same as on their website.

My boyfriend, who works for Walgreens is telling me that he thinks only cases are available now, but he isn't sure. I'd ask him to clarify, but he isn't going to bring up the diaper thing at work... Sorry. Best for you to just call your local store and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.