live chat troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

unbeliever

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I suppose i could install mirc and get in that way, but when i try from the web entrance at the site here I can see ppl talk but when i type i get"An error occurred: Connection to unix-domain socket(/tmp/cgiirc-o2actop1mg/sock): No such file or directory " error and that seems to kill it :( - any thoughts?

unbeliever

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
oh, yeah I realise mirc is a win ap, im not using mirc, havent in years. Im jus clicking the chat button on the adisc page and attempting to use the web based one that pops up from there.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
He's talking about CGI chat which evidently moo has at some point added back to the site.

It is working fine for me... I suggest trying it again and if its not working i'm afraid i don't have any idea whats going on.

It being a unix error i would guess it was a server side error and not your computer... perhaps moo fixed it or it somehow got automatically fixed. Otherwise i dunno what it would be.

If it still doesn't work and no one comes up with a way to fix it i would suggest making a post in the requests forum with the error your getting as i doubt anyone except moo can really help. At the very least he can hopefully tell you if its on his or your end.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I dunno if it's just me or what, but I tried it...and it was weird...I got the list of people as 'links' in a separate window...it was just more confusion that I was willing to deal with. Is the contacts list supposed to appear in a separate window from the 'chat'? *goes back to using mIRC*

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Ayanna: Were you using IE or FF?

I've heard that it doesn't really work nicely under IE.

Under FF it works perfectly for me.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I was using IE...that could definitely have been the problem...since all microsoft products seem to hate me this morning!!

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I tried that for the first time yesterday, and it was really ugly. I use FireFox.

My preference for now is to stick with Mibbit. I may return to mIRC someday, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.