"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

lilgiggleberry said:
Thank you for the warm welcome Caitianx! :) Hopefully everything ends up being okay with your colonoscopy!
Engineering sounds tough so you must be really smart to have learned that! I'm impressed!
I'm physically 24 (little age 6 years) and am taking digital design classes in college. It's like art class all day!
I myself am of the older generation who were children in the 1960's who only got diagnosed as having Autism in late middle age.
My diagnosis happened at age 47.
I am now 62, going on 63 in March.
I have always been interested in childhood things, such as toys.

It is a late Friday evening.
My colonoscopy went well.
Everything inside up my poo-poo maker is normal and okay for my age of 62 going on 63.
I had an all-afternoon "Toddler Time" lying on my makeshift day bed on my living room carpet.
Playing with age-appropriate baby toys.
Watching the Nikelodeon Jr. Channel on PLUTO TV online.
I felt mega happy being a small little boy.

Reactions: perlFerret
I am just keeping this thread of Autistic Littles/Adult Babies going.
I am okay this evening on a Friday.
Extremely cold outside.
(-14) degrees Celsius here in Derry, New Hampshire.
I have been playing on and off with one of my NERF Toy Guns all day long.

Reactions: perlFerret and Aby
Today I managed to watch (5) cartoons:
RETURN TO THE PLANET OF THE APES
JONNY QUEST
FLASH GORDON
TRANSFORMERS: ENERGON
GIGANTOR
I have been in "Little Mode" for a while today.
I had my nap with Howard Hug Bear, Poopy Bear, and Grr-Grr Bear.

Reactions: perlFerret and Sidewinder
caitianx said:
Today I managed to watch (5) cartoons:
RETURN TO THE PLANET OF THE APES
JONNY QUEST
FLASH GORDON
TRANSFORMERS: ENERGON
GIGANTOR
I have been in "Little Mode" for a while today.
I had my nap with Howard Hug Bear, Poopy Bear, and Grr-Grr Bear.
Jonny Quest, Flash Gordon and Gigantor are among my favorites.

Reactions: perlFerret
I’m on the spectrum. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at a young age by 2007 standards, but not according to some today for kids, which is either 4 or 6 depending on which diagnosis you want to go by. I had to have speech therapy and coordination training at a young age because I wasn’t super verbal supposedly and could barely hold a pencil. Let’s just say my life has been complicated. I have had people struggle to understand me sadly my whole life. I had people try to suck parts of me away which only made me lose self esteem and my identity. It took me years to really come to truly understand my autism. I finally learned after a long time that being autistic doesn’t make me inferior, it just means I’m different. I honestly just hope we can have a future where autistics can be accepted for who we are rather than being belittled for everything we do. I’m really trying to fully figure out myself now. It’s just all really complicated.

Reactions: Sidewinder
I know the feeling. I’m in my early 20s and I’m coming to terms with how my aspbergers affects me, and coming to terms with my DL tendencies. For me, it all boils to down to the “it’s not hurting anyone” rule. It makes me feel good, and that’s a good thing.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
I'm actual diagnosed with ASD. Nice to be here!

I'm not gonna lie though, sometimes on "ASD" pages I get a lot of "OCD" references, and I am diagnosed with both. People throwing around actual mental disorders as if they're smaller than they are. I hope this is a place to meet up in chat as Autistic *Adults!* Not undiagnosed people who are so OCD, Or Autistic.

KrankyPants said:
I'm not gonna lie though, sometimes on "ASD" pages I get a lot of "OCD" references, and I am diagnosed with both. People throwing around actual mental disorders as if they're smaller than they are. I hope this is a place to meet up in chat as Autistic *Adults!* Not undiagnosed people who are so OCD, Or Autistic.
Welcome to the Autistic's corner of ADISC!
Anyway, I am seated on my medical Adult-Sized Plastic-Pail Potty Chair for the afternoon.
(HORROR OF HORRORS!!!!!)
The "HELL" Chair...
The "BAD-TOUCHING/SUBMISSION" Chair...

Last edited:
I recently read where Asperger's is no longer called Asperger's because Dr. Asperger is tied to Nazi collusion or sympathizing. He is potentially linked to euthanizing the disabled.

DLForever99999 said:
I recently read where Asperger's is no longer called Asperger's because Dr. Asperger is tied to Nazi collusion or sympathizing. He is potentially linked to euthanizing the disabled.
That is correct.
Dr. Asperger sent thousands of non-verbal autistic children to the gas chambers.
My diagnosis is Autism, Functional Level 1.

I suspect that I'm on the spectrum. Had a bad few days where it been playing on my mind. I want to see a psychologist about every thing and get some help but due to the lock down I can't talk about it

MailCat581 said:
I prefer to call it high functioning autism that I have.
It is good to hear from you again.

MailCat581 said:
I prefer to call it high functioning autism that I have.
I prefer to call it the "Little Professor" Syndrome.

Sidewinder said:
I prefer to call it the "Little Professor" Syndrome.
that’s what most of my teachers called me 😂

caitianx said:
Since the Sub-Forum I was moderating on Autism and Asperger's Syndrome did not survive the change-over recently, I am starting this new conversation thread for us "Littles" who are on the Autism Spectrum.

Anyway, I am doing okay lately, and I am feeling happy living in the modest manufactured home I share with my younger non-disabled brother.
Yes.
He knows that I am a "Little", and he lets me be "Me".

Okay, let every Autistic Little drop by and say "Hello!" to get re-acquainted.
I have Aspergers OCD and ADHD and incontinent and a diaper lover.

StarWars7 said:
I have Aspergers OCD and ADHD and incontinent and a diaper lover.
Hello and it is good to hear from you.

Back