"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

I was having an amazing conversation with a colleague of mine who's also an Aspie and we noted many similarities in how our respective minds operate. My company seems to concentrate individuals with those traits.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
perlFerret said:
I was having an amazing conversation with a colleague of mine who's also an Aspie and we noted many similarities in how our respective minds operate. My company seems to concentrate individuals with those traits.
High Tech and the Sciences have a large number of us Aspies as employees.

Reactions: perlFerret and BobbiSueEllen
caitianx said:
High Tech and the Sciences have a large number of us Aspies as employees.
Not just science and technology, but the arts and entertainment industry, too.

People like Daryl Hannah, Dan Aykroyd, David Byrne, Gary Numan, and Satoshi Tajiri, to name a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: perlFerret and BobbiSueEllen
GARY NUMAN!!!! I got his "The Skin Mechanic" CD and I cannot wear it out!

Sidewinder said:
Not just science and technology, but the arts and entertainment industry, too.

People like Daryl Hannah, Dan Aykroyd, David Byrne, Gary Numan, and Satoshi Tajiri, to name a few.
Also EMINEM too!

Last edited:
Sidewinder said:
I didn't know that about EMINEM.
Also Dr. Jack Horner, Paleontologist, Dr. Richard Feynman, Physicist.

Other than me, who else is looking forward to the upcoming "Holiday Season"?

My favorite day is January 3...when it's all over. Everyone goes back to driving sensibly, and "Peace on Earth and Goodwill to All" is no longer a sarcastic quip.

• Haha
Reactions: KitsuneFox
I got DIagnosed with PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental DIsorder - Not Otherwise Specified) Autism when I was 9!! I am very much a little!!

LilOnyyxx said:
I got DIagnosed with PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental DIsorder - Not Otherwise Specified) Autism when I was 9!! I am very much a little!!
Welcome to the group friend!

Aspie here, wavin'! 😁

I haven't mentioned it here yet, and I haven't received the official report, but my new psychologist seems to think I also have ADHD. He mentioned it at my last visit with him and when I went to see my new therapist in the same office, he had it written down in my file.

My half-brother had bad ADHD growing up, and I didn't act like him. So if I have it it must be the ''primarily inattentive'' variety.

My last psychologist seemed to attribute my cognitive problems, like forgetfulness, to my autism only.

I am getting ready for bedtime later.
Here is my PAW PATROL themed "Adult Toddler" Bed.
1117192318.jpg
When in my bed I feel only 2 years old!

One thing about having Autism is issues of tolerating social contact with others.
Most of the time I prefer solitude to:
Tinker with Electronics
Perform House Chores
Play with my childrens's toys
But I did need to be social earlier this evening at a civic group I belong to here in Derry, NH.
I had to pound-down my prey animal anxiety for a couple of hours.
It is emotionally draining to "behave correctly".
My behavioral routines for different social situations, I have to conciously think about and access to try and not make mistakes as a now older Autistic Senior Citizen.

There is a small chance that I could sell my business for 8 figures. been on a few calls with investors already. I'm doing fairly well recently, as far as professional goes. being an aspie, I try and put on that professional appearance as much as possible.

Today was access rote-memory social routines:
Interact with Bank Teller to withdraw cash.
Interact with Post Office Clerk.
Shop in the Hannaford Supermarket here in Derry, NH.
Deli Counter...
Checkout Line...
:)
Well...
Time to be a diaper baby during naptime.

Did my share today, esp. the 200-foot-long drive-thru car wash. Thankfully, it wasn't me but the new Ford F350 crew cab which jumped track and stopped the procession...not me. Upped my confidence exponentially! 🤭

I'm still looking for a new job because I'm still struggling with getting hired. I also decided to switch to a different email platform since YouTube is going through some major issues with COPPA and the FTC. But at least my money troubles are over for a little bit because the flea market has finally sold some furniture.

Back