"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

Thankfully, like most other government experiments, it tanked. Like methanphetamines for front-line soldiers, on both sides in Europe in WW2. Unfortunately, we all pay the price for these failures.

caitianx said:
The issue is the ongoing war against us disabled by the Elephant political party.
Sigh...
A constant struggle to justify my right to exist.
You mean the Republicans, right?

Now it gets politicized. I'm out.

Reactions: JaysonTheRegressor
Sigh...
I am back to sad internal feelings again.
It just happens.
Social functioning issues trigger it in me.
I try hard to be congenial and nice to others.

Hello there!! My name is Kaitlyn, and I'm a proud little with ASD! ✌

I love love love diapers and video games!! I also like to sleep with my paci a lot! 😁

Pleasure to meet you all... message me if you ever need someone to talk to!! hugs!!! ☺

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, pokemonjesuzzz111111 and JaysonTheRegressor
kyladri1998 said:
Hello there!! My name is Kaitlyn, and I'm a proud little with ASD! ✌

I love love love diapers and video games!! I also like to sleep with my paci a lot! 😁

Pleasure to meet you all... message me if you ever need someone to talk to!! hugs!!! ☺
Hello and Welcome to the Group of "Autistic Littles".
As always I am such a night owl here in Derry, New Hampshire.
There are quite a few Autistic Little here.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and kyladri1998
caitianx said:
Hello and Welcome to the Group of "Autistic Littles".
As always I am such a night owl here in Derry, New Hampshire.
There are quite a few Autistic Little here.

Pleasure to meet you I’m from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania :)

I’m also kind of a night owl! I should definitely be in snoozeland right now though but here I am XD!

Cheers fellow little 😁

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
MickeyM said:
I'm still here. I hate the new forum changes. I hate any change, problems of AS I guess.
I fear change, too, but not to the extent I used to be.

Last edited:
caitianx said:
AI admit difficulty in maintaining cognitive/emotional regulation.
Having a sudden change in my plans/expectations just simply upset me.
Yes.
It happened today.
Sudden changes in plans upset me as well. Like when someone tells me they're going to do something at a certain time, immediately, I expect them to make good on their word, but when I hear that they have a change of plans, I then can't help but feel like I've been betrayed, which in turn, leads me to being disappointed.

Last edited:
SgtOddball said:
I find it very easy to be Spock, logic above all else.
You and me, both.

MrGnome said:
Its horrible theres a documentary I believe called the drugging of our children. You might of seen it.
I happen to be adamantly against drug use.

Savagefoxchild said:
my family is ridiculous my brother my sister and me and my dad and my uncle all have Asperger's autism

being called autistic doesn't bother me I look at it as more of a compliment because the most creative and nice people I've ever met had some form of autism in my life and some of them are pretty successful at whatever they do
Whilst it may not bother you, you should keep in mind, that it may bother other people, especially to the point of being so sensitive and self-conscious, that they're reluctant to talk about it openly, or in confidence with someone they know and trust above all else.

I should know, I've been there, in fact, I'm STILL there.

And to add insult to injury, I was bullied in school by someone who also is, and is probably somewhat more so than I am and he never got in trouble for it, no matter who I told, which is the reason for my self-conscious attitude.

Even the mere mention of it get the hairs on the back of my neck standing at full attention.

All I'm saying, is that for many, (myself included) it's a very sensitive subject.

Last edited:
Today was purchase more disposable bed pads day.

Sidewinder said:
Whilst it may not bother you, you should keep in mind, that it may bother other people, especially to the point of being so sensitive and self-conscious, that they're reluctant to talk about it openly, or in confidence with someone they know and trust above all else.

I should know, I've been there, in fact, I'm STILL there.

And to add insult to injury, I was bullied in school by someone who also is, and is probably somewhat more so than I am and he never got in trouble for it, no matter who I told, which is the reason for my self-conscious attitude.

Even the mere mention of it get the hairs on the back of my neck standing at full attention.

All I'm saying, is that for many, (myself included) it's a very sensitive subject.
I completely failed in school I learned everything I needed to know from other sources I didn't graduate I failed I was bullied and harassed every day I'm dyslexic and diabetic
The Bullying eventually got to me and I snapped I couldn't take it anymore cuz I wasn't is bullied by the other kids I was harassed by my teachers to what finally made me snap one day is one of my teachers called me a little shit so I showed her how much of a little shit I can be I kicked her ass I got respect from the other kids in the classroom including the bullies I went to court for it I got community service and she got fired I got only three months of community service and nobody really tried enforcing it either all I did was wash it window once every day and that was it and not every day it was needed to be done

when I was a kid I had the bad habit of storing negative emotions for a long periods of time all that was built up for 3 years it all came out on 1 day
after that mental meltdown my care about everything went to zero it's been over 23 years since I beat the crap out of some stupid dumb ass teacher

Reactions: Sidewinder
Savagefoxchild said:
I completely failed in school I learned everything I needed to know from other sources I didn't graduate I failed I was bullied and harassed every day I'm dyslexic and diabetic
The Bullying eventually got to me and I snapped I couldn't take it anymore cuz I wasn't is bullied by the other kids I was harassed by my teachers to what finally made me snap one day is one of my teachers called me a little shit so I showed her how much of a little shit I can be I kicked her ass I got respect from the other kids in the classroom including the bullies I went to court for it I got community service and she got fired I got only three months of community service and nobody really tried enforcing it either all I did was wash it window once every day and that was it and not every day it was needed to be done

when I was a kid I had the bad habit of storing negative emotions for a long periods of time all that was built up for 3 years it all came out on 1 day
after that mental meltdown my care about everything went to zero it's been over 23 years since I beat the crap out of some stupid dumb ass teacher
I myself have had issues with bottling up toxic emotional feelings, and I have had my share of "losing it" on occasion.

I am autistic and the sensory and emotional aspects help me a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a disproportionate number of autistics here.

Keter said:
I am autistic and the sensory and emotional aspects help me a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a disproportionate number of autistics here.
Good Evening Keter and Welcome!
With it being after 11:00 PM here in Derry, New Hampshire, I am in my usual Night Owl Mode.
I am feeling happy.

Keter said:
I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a disproportionate number of autistics here.
On a related theme...people all over media keep saying "autism is on the rise". I don't believe their assertions; I believe autism has always been here, in the same proportions as always...it's just only recently getting the exposure and attention it deserves. There are still loads of adults from yesteryear who have it and have not been diagnosed yet. If the statisticians took that fact into account, then the stats wouldn't be as exploited and sensationalized as they are now. But older society is still in denial of it all...esp. those who called us older folks with autism "retards" because nobody knew how to rightly diagnose this.

But your original statement has some merit. Yes, there are loads of us here.

BobbiSueEllen said:
On a related theme...people all over media keep saying "autism is on the rise". I don't believe their assertions; I believe autism has always been here, in the same proportions as always...it's just only recently getting the exposure and attention it deserves. There are still loads of adults from yesteryear who have it and have not been diagnosed yet. If the statisticians took that fact into account, then the stats wouldn't be as exploited and sensationalized as they are now. But older society is still in denial of it all...esp. those who called us older folks with autism "retards" because nobody knew how to rightly diagnose this.

But your original statement has some merit. Yes, there are loads of us here.
Historically, it's been around long since before the terminology existed.

I'm almost certain that there were many people of historical significance that may have had it, but were unable to be diagnosed in their respective time periods, but could be posthumously diagnosed nowadays.

At one point, in the early 20th century, it was once referred to as "der kleiner professor," or, translated from German to English as the "little professor syndrome."

Personally, I happen to like that terminology, as it describes me best.

I recall having read somewhere that before any of the terminology used today, they were referred to as being something along the lines of "idiot savant," or "eccentric," or something to that effect.

So, what i'm saying basically, is that the symptoms, the criteria, whatever you want to call it has been around long before any official label.

Last edited:
Sidewinder said:
I recall having read somewhere that before any of the terminology used today, they were referred to as being something along the lines of "idiot savant," or "eccentric," or something to that effect.
Good point. Back then, most clinicians, most academics and many others--such as teachers in the know, etc.--used those terms. As far as most peers and some other teachers, they were content to use less-flattering, even vulgar terms. Hopefully that's lessening for this current generation of young folks with autism.

Back