"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

I guess I should add, I like to call myself a level 3 autistic with the ability to pass as a level 0. No burnout yet, however, I find I instead go through on and off micro-burnouts.

I am feeling better today.
My brother took me out grocery shopping today.
Later on this week he is taking me to the Deerfield Fair in Deerfield, New Hampshire to see all the farm animals.
Yes.
A day to be "Little" coming up.

Reactions: perlFerret
The more I think about it, the more I think I'm definitely on the spectrum somewhere. I've never been diagnosed, but mom has always told me I'm spectrum (she works with many special needs children as a teacher aide).

To be fair, I get really anxious, find it hard to say what I mean (knowing what you want to say but being unable to say it), I stutter a lot, and have literally no people skills. I'm not great at gauging other people's emotions or feelings, and I'm just a socially awkward person in general.

Socializing isn't my thing, I've really only got about 3 friends, 1 of which is slowly starting to realize she's an AB/little like me, which is awesome! I've got someone to talk to about this stuff, even if the talking part isn't exactly easy XD

dl44 said:
The more I think about it, the more I think I'm definitely on the spectrum somewhere. I've never been diagnosed, but mom has always told me I'm spectrum (she works with many special needs children as a teacher aide).

To be fair, I get really anxious, find it hard to say what I mean (knowing what you want to say but being unable to say it), I stutter a lot, and have literally no people skills. I'm not great at gauging other people's emotions or feelings, and I'm just a socially awkward person in general.

Socializing isn't my thing, I've really only got about 3 friends, 1 of which is slowly starting to realize she's an AB/little like me, which is awesome! I've got someone to talk to about this stuff, even if the talking part isn't exactly easy XD
Good Afternoon and Welcome to the Autistic Littles Section of ADISC!
As I have told other Autistic Littles here, I never got correctly diagnosed until age 47.
With me as for friends, my connections are rather pendantic and formal, not intimate.
I really massively struggle with facial expressions and body language in others, even my own "Neurotypical" younger brother.
I am about to put myself down for my afternoon nap for "Baby Time".
I have been busy vacuuming my bedroom and other tasks, such as emptying and cleaning my "adult" hospital medical plastic-pail potty chair, and emptying my diaper pail.
Yes.
Wet and poopy adult disposable diapers really reek after a couple of days in the diaper pail.
Well, time for me to lie down and re-enter babyhood again.

Reactions: TexasToast11
caitianx said:
Good Afternoon and Welcome to the Autistic Littles Section of ADISC!
As I have told other Autistic Littles here, I never got correctly diagnosed until age 47.
With me as for friends, my connections are rather pendantic and formal, not intimate.
I really massively struggle with facial expressions and body language in others, even my own "Neurotypical" younger brother.
I am about to put myself down for my afternoon nap for "Baby Time".
I have been busy vacuuming my bedroom and other tasks, such as emptying and cleaning my "adult" hospital medical plastic-pail potty chair, and emptying my diaper pail.
Yes.
Wet and poopy adult disposable diapers really reek after a couple of days in the diaper pail.
Well, time for me to lie down and re-enter babyhood again.

I live with my mother, so disposal is not exactly easy... Not many places to put a whole trash bag full of wet diapers before the garbage truck comes weekly lol

caitianx said:
Anyway, today for me has been updating MS-Windows Version 10 day.
From what I understand from this sentence you updated to windows 10? So reading this made me very sad because it reminded me that they're discontinuing support for windows 7. I can't handle things changing very well. So I'm refusing to upgrade and sticking with 7...

dl44 said:
I live with my mother, so disposal is not exactly easy... Not many places to put a whole trash bag full of wet diapers before the garbage truck comes weekly lol
Hmm?
I just noticed the Japanese characters in your profile.
Are you in Japan?
Anyway, I just live with my younger brother.
He lets me be a little boy.

caitianx said:
Hmm?
I just noticed the Japanese characters in your profile.
Are you in Japan?
Anyway, I just live with my younger brother.
He lets me be a little boy.

I wish I was. I'm in New Zealand, I'm just studying Japanese and want to go to Japan in the future. I'm especially in love with the car culture there, drifting in the mountains late at night <3

Sadly my Japanese language skills aren't that great.

失礼しました、でも僕の日本語はとてもいいではない。

When I am not physically feeling well, I am not a congenial person.
Yes.
I have a Cold Virus Infection.
Yes.
I have been in "Little Mode" most of the day today.
I have been watching cartoons.
Yes.
I have just taken my second Ibruprofen Analgesic Tablet of the day.
I am also trying to stay hydrated.

caitianx said:
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Do feel better soon my friend (HUGS )

caitianx said:
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Likewise. I loathe being sick. It makes me very cranky.

I usually try to "take out my frustrations on the virus" by making life difficult for it in every way I can conceive. Depending on severity / my level of annoyance, this might range from vitamins (B complex is recommended, btw), healthy food, hydration (with electrolytes!), and rest… to more aggressive approaches based on the symptoms. I often blunt a sore throat by gargling with fully saturated saltwater (viruses don't like that), followed by (real) honey lemon tea. For a mild fever that might come with a cold (say under 100.5°F), I'll usually skip the analgesics and go for a long hot bath… this not only feels wonderful, but temporarily kicks my body temperature up a little higher than it already was (viruses don't like that either). Etc.

To some extent I just get satisfaction out of "fighting back" I suppose. ^^;

Feel better soon! *hugs*

Today I have been relaxing as best I can.
When I woke up this morning my head felt like it was run under the tracks of a King Tiger Panzerkampfwagen.
I feel worse during the night.
Yes.
I have been continuing to perform house chores.
They never go away.
Even when I am ill.
My younger brother spent an overnight at our favorite cousin's house down in Massachusetts to help her and her 90 year-old Mom out, my late Dad's closest cousin.
At 90, she is in "adult pullups" 24/7.
Her mind is deteriorating.
She is at the stage where she is confusing her youngest daughter for "Mommy" and her oldest daughter for her "Aunt", my paternal grandma.
As always I am happy to be in diapers 24/7.
Today I have been spending long periods of time hugging my teddy bear, Howard Hug.
It felt good to be with Howard Hug bear.
I regressed to being only 3 years old.

Reactions: perlFerret
Hello everyone, I hope it’s alright for me to introduce myself.
I’m an age regressor and I’m autistic. I wasn’t diagnosed formally until age 28, but since finding out, I’ve been able to understand myself so much better.
Many things are a struggle because of autism, but I find that regressing helps me deal with being overwhelmed so often.
I’m glad to know I’m not alone!

Hello and warm wellcome to the forum and our little group

clearbulb said:
Hello everyone, I hope it’s alright for me to introduce myself.
I’m an age regressor and I’m autistic. I wasn’t diagnosed formally until age 28, but since finding out, I’ve been able to understand myself so much better.
Many things are a struggle because of autism, but I find that regressing helps me deal with being overwhelmed so often.
I’m glad to know I’m not alone!
Good Afternoon clearbulb!
Welcome to the group.
For me regression is helpful with dealing with cognitive overload.
I was about to take a nap and be in "Little Mode"for a while.
For hours this afternoon, besides performing house chores, I have been watching cartoons.
I can not be a "Full-Time Little".

I feel like I am close to being a full time little. I can be big long enough to get my work done and a few chores but aside from that I’m almost always little. It really helps me deal with everyday life I think.

Reactions: KimbaFoxNatsume
Recently-diagnosed late in life with autism, definitely Asperger. It was rough all these years, getting misdiagnosed with other things, the answer always seemingly elusive, mysterious and consummately frustrating...but the mystery's over now. Greatly relieved...not at first but now I am.

Better late then never id say . Anyway warm wellcome to the group

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Aw, thanks Missy1! Maybe late was better, in hindsight...after all, I've done a lot in life and wonder how much of that could've been hampered by my reaction to an earlier diagnosis? But then again, not many seemed interested in autism back in the '90s and even less interested in the '70s...autism back then was almost unheard-of, and despite my perceived intelligence, students and many school staffers alike labeled me and others like-afflicted as "retard". Guess it was easier that way for them. Wonder how they feel now...?

Then again...no, I don't. Just gonna focus on the here and now. :cool:

SnowPrincessSophie said:
I guess I should add, I like to call myself a level 3 autistic with the ability to pass as a level 0. No burnout yet, however, I find I instead go through on and off micro-burnouts.
level 0? I went to look up these level things and saw level 1 though 3....
i wish i can be tested -.-

Back