"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

caitianx said:
A good question!
Not all autistics are Adult Babies.
But all the Autistics here are Adult Babies.
There are a lot of autistics who are not "Vanilla" with respect to sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
I am an Adult Baby, and I am Gay.
I know, my profile lists "Asexual", but I did that to protect myself from homophobic bigots.
In real-life, I never had a childhood, having been raised by a profoundly mentally-ill Mom.
When regressed, I feel safe and loved.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the time you took to share and educate me. :)

I am happy that you are able to create safety and self-love through being little. I also relate to that. I would say primarily it is about those things for me.

My teddy bears send hugs.

Hello and warm welkome to the group :giggle:

As my friend Caitanx says i agree 101 % I would think that the reason they have asked you this question is more based on how you present youre self rather than you have reveled youre AB side actually.

It breaks my heart to read how youre childhood was my very dear friend :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Today was wash and dry my bedsheets and blankies day.
At naptime I slept on the plastic undersheet that keeps my mattress from getting ruined by pee-pee.
Tomorrow will be toddler TV watching day.
Today I took a long walk for exercise.
When I got back home my diaper was very wet.
I admit that whenever I take long walks on my spastic Cerebral Palsy affected legs, I am in "Little Mode".
I feel like a little boy of only 5 years in age.

Excuse me someone said something about being able to talk to older people with autism on Facebook for guidance in life. I've also heard they're are autistic support groups on Facebook and other sites. Can someone please tell me more about that?

stareegirl said:
Excuse me someone said something about being able to talk to older people with autism on Facebook for guidance in life. I've also heard they're are autistic support groups on Facebook and other sites. Can someone please tell me more about that?

I am a 61 year-old with Autism.

stareegirl said:

You can do a search on autism or Asperger's on there and the groups and pages will pop up. I think lot of them are closed groups so you are going to have to apply to join.

Not an ab but definitely a dl with autism

GuyOnTheWeb said:
Not an ab but definitely a dl with autism

Good Evening!
Pardon the late reply, but I have been busy the last couple of days.
Welcome to the group!
There are lots of us AB/DL persons here with Autism & Asperger's Syndrome.
As for me, today, I have been picking up "clutter" around the house that I share with my younger Diabetic brother.
Tomorrow is going to be vacuuming day.
I know, I am not fond of the noise a vacuum cleaner makes, but I have to use it.

I got a Wi-Fi server installed today. Five minutes after installation, it was down and I had to call them to reboot it (just ridiculous).
Also, the semester ended where I work, so now I'm on summer vacation until mid-August. Yay.

How does one go about getting a proper diagnosis for these things?

I suspect I might be somewhere on the spectrum but don't want to just self diagnose.

Sheepies said:

I suspect I might be somewhere on the spectrum but don't want to just self diagnose.
When I first started going to therapy, I expressed my concerns to her. She gave me a list of psychologists, and I set up an appointment with one. It was actually a three-appointment process with him. At the first one I got sent home with a lot of questionnaires for my mother and I to fill out. Second one I did different little tests with him. Third one I got my diagnoses.

Feel free to ask me more if you have questions.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
When I first started going to therapy, I expressed my concerns to her. She gave me a list of psychologists, and I set up an appointment with one. It was actually a three-appointment process with him. At the first one I got sent home with a lot of questionnaires for my mother and I to fill out. Second one I did different little tests with him. Third one I got my diagnoses.

Feel free to ask me more if you have questions.
How much did it cost? Particularly do you know how much it would cost for someone without insurance

Sheepies said:
How much did it cost? Particularly do you know how much it would cost for someone without insurance
I don't have a clue, sorry. Mine was covered by Medicaid.

DanielW said:
Like all things medical, it really depends on the testing done and the person doing the testing. I had a total of 4-5 hours of it, before I got my diagnosis. But I have heard that people have paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $1k.
Huh. My time in the psychologist's office was definitely less than that. Probably an hour or less that he actually spent talking with/evaluating me. The questionnaires were the most extensive part.

Anyway, my general opinion is that if you feel like your possible autism isn't negatively impacting your life in any great way, then you might not need a diagnosis. At that point, it's really personal preference.

DanielW said:
I generally agree. It is nice to know, but I was disappointed that there aren't more services available for adults in my area.
Yeah, I feel ya... After my diagnosis I tried doing vocational rehab to help me get a job, but I felt like the people didn't really understand autism and that I was kind of being treated like I was intellectually challenged. Not trying to brag here or anything, but I'm really quite intelligent, and would probably feel out of place at something like adult daycare or the like. I'm sort of like an ''invisible autistic'' cause when you first come across me you may not get the impression anything is wrong, I can talk, go to places by myself, etc.... So being in that ''middle ground'' really kind of sucks.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Yeah, I feel ya... After my diagnosis I tried doing vocational rehab to help me get a job, but I felt like the people didn't really understand autism and that I was kind of being treated like I was intellectually challenged. Not trying to brag here or anything, but I'm really quite intelligent, and would probably feel out of place at something like adult daycare or the like. I'm sort of like an ''invisible autistic'' cause when you first come across me you may not get the impression anything is wrong, I can talk, go to places by myself, etc.... So being in that ''middle ground'' really kind of sucks.

I myself found State Vocational Rehabilitation Services for the Disabled quite unhelpful.
They did not know what to do with an Autistic like me who has a 4-year degree in electronics engineering.

Reactions: stareegirl and Deleted member 47221
Sheepies said:

It's best to get diagnosed while still in school but with high functioning autism most of us just slid under the radar.

If it's giving you problems you could try a low cost clinic but you'd probably have to have a cooccuring disorder like depression. You could get a diagnosit impression or a diagnosis during intake or conseling.

Programs that help with jobs may test you as well but most programs like that are pretty worthless.

If you're looking for SSD they may test as well but it'll be a constant fight getting them to do anything.

If you want a non low cost place it could cost between hundreds and thousands. At least that's what it cost when I checked into it.

It took me two years to get diagnosed but the standard is about 3 appointments.

Back