"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Next month I have to see a psychologist appointed by Social Security. I am still in the process of trying to get SSI benefits. I would think that the fact they want me to be evaluated again would be a sign they are taking my claim semi-seriously, but I also know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Back in 2006, my Psychiatric Social Worker documented my Asperger's/Autism very well, and I started receiving SSDI that year.

RaccoonPrincess said:
Here and present!

Good Evening and Welcome!
Here you will find quite a few "Littles" who have Asperger's Syndrome/Autism.
I am one of the "Old Timers" here at my age of 61.
I have been "back in dydees" 24/7 since 1987.

Reactions: PrincessRaccoon
Savagefoxchild said:
I think the best medication I need for depression is diapers
Same here.

• Love
Reactions: PrincessRaccoon
I had a nice quiet "Little Time Regression" this afternoon.
I mutely played with my baby rattles.
Tomorrow will be cartoon watching day.

As always, a day of being both "Little" and "Adult".

I am okay this evening.
I had an upset today.
Dope Junkie Thieves ransacked the storage unit my brother and I own for stuff we can not store here in our manufactured home last night.
They hit another couple dozen storage units too.
My HO-Scale Model Railroad got swiped.
Also most all of our tools stored there.
They left the furniture.
They also did not take the Hitachi and TEKTRONIX CRT Oscilloscopes.
They also did not bother to swipe my $20,000.00 Hewlett-Packard Digital Logic Analyzer.
Yeah!
My younger brother and I are mega pissed-off.
Sigh...
Anyway, today was my younger brother's 57th Birthday.

I'm so sorry for your loss. They probably didn't take the scope or DLA because they had no idea what they were.

Happy Birthday to your brother!

Im so sorry about the storage my friend :(

9:40 PM.
Today I was able to get out into the community thanks to one of my church friends.
Other than food shopping and purchasing incontinence supplies, I ony purchased (1) new LEGO Brick Set.
My only entertainment item for the month.

Storage lockers or small storage garages available to rent are a magnet for burglars, I would never put anything valuable inside of theses things, its like asking for troubles from the start.

I was diagnosed autistic age 4/5 so everyone pretty much knows me as autistic. I’d reckon I’d rather be autistic then normal. I wouldn’t be the same without it.

Nick24798 said:
I was diagnosed autistic age 4/5 so everyone pretty much knows me as autistic. I’d reckon I’d rather be autistic then normal. I wouldn’t be the same without it.

Good Evening and Welcome to the Group!
There are a lot of Autistic "Littles" here.
My Asperger's/Autism diagnosis came at age 47.
I do of course have to deal with Cerebral Palsy that affects both my legs.
As a "Little" I try to have some quiet play time every single day.

Nick24798 said:

Welkome to the group :)

They dident find my ASD until i was 30

Missy1 said:
Welkome to the group :)

They dident find my ASD until i was 30
Bloody Hell Fire . I think the older you get the harder it is to get an diagnosis.

caitianx said:
Good Evening and Welcome to the Group!
There are a lot of Autistic "Littles" here.
My Asperger's/Autism diagnosis came at age 47.
I do of course have to deal with Cerebral Palsy that affects both my legs.
As a "Little" I try to have some quiet play time every single day.
Wow everyone seems to have been diagnosed real late on in Life. Quite glad I was diagnosed when I was.

Nick24798 said:
Wow everyone seems to have been diagnosed real late on in Life. Quite glad I was diagnosed when I was.

Yes.
A lot of us of the older generation never got correctly diagnosed until later in life.
Anyway, I had a busy Saturday.
I hobbled up NH Route 28 to the Downtown section of Derry, NH where I live to get a haircut.
A 4 mile round-trip.
It took me ~ 4 hours to hobble up to the barber shop and back using my rollator walker frame.
Yeah!
It sucks no longer being able to drive and no longer owning a car.
Only from May through October can I hike in my own limited way as an an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy into downtown on nice sunny days.
At least I am now out of "Winter Fur Mode".
As for the terrain, it is up and down hills.
Where I live is near the top of a 525' hill.
Going north on NH Route 28 here in Derry, NH, there are 2 hills between me and "downtown", 2 miles away.
A long way to walk in a "wet" adult dydee.

caitianx said:
Yes.
A lot of us of the older generation never got correctly diagnosed until later in life.

Indeed and the soul reason for this was that back then they dident know diddly about this cind of diagnosis.

caitianx said:
Anyway, I had a busy Saturday.
I hobbled up NH Route 28 to the Downtown section of Derry, NH where I live to get a haircut.
A 4 mile round-trip.
It took me ~ 4 hours to hobble up to the barber shop and back using my rollator walker frame.
Yeah!

It sucks no longer being able to drive and no longer owning a car.

Only from May through October can I hike in my own limited way as an an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy into downtown on nice sunny days.
At least I am now out of "Winter Fur Mode".
As for the terrain, it is up and down hills.
Where I live is near the top of a 525' hill.
Going north on NH Route 28 here in Derry, NH, there are 2 hills between me and "downtown", 2 miles away.
A long way to walk in a "wet" adult dydee.

Sweet lord that sounds terrible with the long hike my friend , Well utliest youre as you say all out of the winter fur mode :giggle:

I just wanted to say hi to everyone! My teddy bears send warm snuggly cuddles to everyone!

I don't know if anyone has experienced this, but in my therapy I have now been asked if I had Autism Spectrum Disorder. The only reason they asked this is because I opened up about the little / ABDL side and desire to have a mommy, etc.

Is it just me, or is the psychological community being quick to diagnose Autism simply because someone happens to be a little / ABDL? Or is there THAT high of an incidence amongst the ASD crowd?

Thanks,
HD7850

hd7850 said:
I just wanted to say hi to everyone! My teddy bears send warm snuggly cuddles to everyone!

I don't know if anyone has experienced this, but in my therapy I have now been asked if I had Autism Spectrum Disorder. The only reason they asked this is because I opened up about the little / ABDL side and desire to have a mommy, etc.

Is it just me, or is the psychological community being quick to diagnose Autism simply because someone happens to be a little / ABDL? Or is there THAT high of an incidence amongst the ASD crowd?

Thanks,
HD7850

A good question!
Not all autistics are Adult Babies.
But all the Autistics here are Adult Babies.
There are a lot of autistics who are not "Vanilla" with respect to sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
I am an Adult Baby, and I am Gay.
I know, my profile lists "Asexual", but I did that to protect myself from homophobic bigots.
In real-life, I never had a childhood, having been raised by a profoundly mentally-ill Mom.
When regressed, I feel safe and loved.

Reactions: hd7850
Back