"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

It's been a while since I posted on this thread. My job search isn't going good lately, haven't gotten an interview in weeks. The only way I can keep funds going are SSDI and unemployment. I tried to get my old job back but they never called me. And now my house needs some work done (roof is leaking, shower is not running). I had to go back to Voc Rehab to help me find another job. My life is not looking good right now.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Onesieman said:
It's been a while since I posted on this thread. My job search isn't going good lately, haven't gotten an interview in weeks. The only way I can keep funds going are SSDI and unemployment. I tried to get my old job back but they never called me. And now my house needs some work done (roof is leaking, shower is not running). I had to go back to Voc Rehab to help me find another job. My life is not looking good right now.
I will pray for you kiddo. I know how rough that can be.

BobbiSueEllen said:
On a related theme...people all over media keep saying "autism is on the rise". I don't believe their assertions; I believe autism has always been here, in the same proportions as always...it's just only recently getting the exposure and attention it deserves. There are still loads of adults from yesteryear who have it and have not been diagnosed yet. If the statisticians took that fact into account, then the stats wouldn't be as exploited and sensationalized as they are now. But older society is still in denial of it all...esp. those who called us older folks with autism "retards" because nobody knew how to rightly diagnose this.

But your original statement has some merit. Yes, there are loads of us here.
I hated being called a mental retard a half a century ago when I was a child.

Onesieman said:
I had been to NH Voc. Rehab., 3 times from 1986 to 2006, and all 3 times they did not know what to do with an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy like me who has a 4-year degree in Engineering.

Hey i to have AS since I was a child but my dad only told me when I was 12 and it changed my life forever as I was no longer normal and was a huge shock. I dont ever talk about it as just forget about it and try move on with life. A few years ago I got was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and have been taking lexapro 15mg for a few years now.

caitianx said:
I hated being called a mental retard a half a century ago when I was a child.
That reminds me...

During my grade school years, I was in French immersion and at one point, I heard the phrase "je suis en retard pour l'école" being mentioned, which means "I'm late for school."

At a later point, in those years, someone once called me a "retard" and being the somewhat snarky person that I was at the time (and to some extent, still am) I replied "i'm not late for anything."

I just thought I'd share this little anecdote to get it out of my system.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BraveBabyFinn and BobbiSueEllen
AshleyTie said:
Hey i to have AS since I was a child but my dad only told me when I was 12 and it changed my life forever as I was no longer normal and was a huge shock. I dont ever talk about it as just forget about it and try move on with life. A few years ago I got was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and have been taking lexapro 15mg for a few years now.
Good Evening AshleyTie!
Welcome to the group!
My Saturday has been quiet.
How about yours.

caitianx said:
Good Evening AshleyTie!
Welcome to the group!
My Saturday has been quiet.
How about yours.
Same just been watching Netflix most the day and bed time I watched more Netflix while wearing a pull up as thats all I have left . Just to let you I'm from Ireland

Been watching TV online this evening.
TIME TEAM (BBC)
THE NAKED ARCHEOLOGIST
GENESIS CLIMBER MOSPEADA
This morning I was at church.
Yes.
I am a Christian Autistic Little.
I have also been tinkering with electronics.
My former career.
What little I had as a career before retiring early on SSDI.

Reactions: AshleyTie and BobbiSueEllen
I've been spotted, by my acting teacher. It was the last day of class and we all met at the pub that is located in the same building as his studio. He talked to us individually and then I talked to him and we went over my acting and what he told me in class and where I am at. Then he told me what roles would fit me and he said the same thing my other teacher had said, IT, nerd, tech person, and my teacher added I could also play someone on the spectrum. Yes he meant autism because it became obvious when I asked about it and he said he noticed traits in me and he has known lot of people with it. I didn't ask who so I assumed he meant other actors and maybe students. But I didn't know mine were that obvious and I would just come off as ADHD or shy or anxious.

Late Wednesday evening.
I am okay.
Last couple of days I have been doing geneological research on my Maternal Grandfather.
He probably had Asperger's Syndrome like me and my late Mom.
Anyway, I have been trying to be a good 61 year-old adult diaper baby.

I am in "Little Mode" right now.
Yes.
Getting ready for bed.
Plastic Pail Potty sitting for some no diaper time with Howard Hug Bear while watching television online.
Earlier I hand-washed and hanged up to dry two pairs of plastic pants in my handicapped-adapted bathroom.

A couple of days ago nothing special happened on Halloween.
I spent it alone.

I am okay.
I am just wondering how evey other Autistic Little is lately?

Reactions: perlFerret
caitianx said:
I am okay.
I am just wondering how evey other Autistic Little is lately?

Still here just havent had mush to add as my life is pretty boring & not mush happening .

Taking one day at the time as usual . but all in all have to say going the right way

What exactly is autism and aspergers and what are the symptoms I really don't know.

boomer2480 said:
What exactly is autism and aspergers and what are the symptoms I really don't know.

The best anwer i can give you is do a search on the diagnosis ;)

I have heard of autism and to my understanding is that the kids that have it are hard to train and are prone to fixate on something and can be rather moody if disterebed but I have never heard of aspergers

Last edited:
Well among other things yes and it dont stays in childhood youre born with it and it cant be cured . Nowadays all 5 previos diagnosis of Autism kind is lumped together under ASD = autistic spectrum disorder. and as i said its better you check the net for more info as its WAY more complicated then just that you mentined .

Asbergers was prior to said re named diagnose what would go as Mild Autism the step above that was Moderate .and then above that Severe Autism

I admit I have my own issues living with Autism.
I try to keep a sameness to my routines on a daily basis.
I was in Adult Mode to try and rake up and haul down back as much of the fallen leaves in my small yard before the storm hits tomorrow.
Snow.
Extreme cold.
Tomorrow my brother has to taxi me to/from a doctor's appointment in the afternoon.

Back