"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

10:40 PM on Friday.
Earlier I was on Facebook Video Chat with a young adult man from Queensland in Australia.
We have many interests in common.
It is of note, he found me online.
In a way, many young adult autistics are looking for peer mentorship to learn what it is like to be "independent as possible" and living out in the community instead of an institution.
We older autistics who are living out in the community are "role models".
I will note, that many young adults are still "treated like children", which can, in my honest opinion, stunt their social development and hinder the process of transitioning into adulthood.
I was never treated like a baby.

Firstly id say ANY Diagnose within the Neuro Psychological & Learning disabilities spectrum (ie among many others Autism ) is sadly in many cases a ground for being excluded in the general society but there are also other reasons of course . (i have been treated and regarded as a an idiot by my peers And society as whole (incl my dad that couldn't understand me at all /Shool etc.... most of my life from pre kindergarten - to adult hood due to my multiple diagnosis. And had VERY few REEL friends and still its like this other then on line were the majority is like me broken souls one way or another (incl diagnosis shuch as mien )

If there is ONE thing ive learnt its NEVER try to be someone youre not just to please others , ALWAYS be youre self and STAND up for who you ARE .If youre peers /friends cant accept you as you you are with all youre "iccues " then they arent youre reel friends and you dont need them. ALL my REEL friends know EVERYTHING about me (incl my diagnosis etc.... ) and have also from the get go ACCEPTED them all . same with family members etc....

Interesting points there Caitianx my friend (nodding head )

Reactions: BraveBabyFinn and RinntheWolf
Missy1 said:
Firstly id say ANY Diagnose within the Neuro Psychological & Learning disabilities spectrum (ie among many others Autism ) is sadly in many cases a ground for being excluded in the general society but there are also other reasons of course . (i have been treated and regarded as a an idiot by my peers And society as whole (incl my dad that couldn't understand me at all /Shool etc.... most of my life from pre kindergarten - to adult hood due to my multiple diagnosis. And had VERY few REEL friends and still its like this other then on line were the majority is like me broken souls one way or another (incl diagnosis shuch as mien )

If there is ONE thing ive learnt its NEVER try to be someone youre not just to please others , ALWAYS be youre self and STAND up for who you ARE .If youre peers /friends cant accept you as you you are with all youre "iccues " then they arent youre reel friends and you dont need them. ALL my REEL friends know EVERYTHING about me (incl my diagnosis etc.... ) and have also from the get go ACCEPTED them all . same with family members etc....

Interesting points there Caitianx my friend (nodding head )
I’m sorry you father didn’t understand you I feel sad for your father he missed opportunities to get to know you better. I don’t want to miss out on my daughters life so we spend a lot of time together. We eat breakfast every Saturday morning before I drop her off on post at the commissary for work were she bags groceries and brings them out to the cars it gives her an opportunity to socialize with other teenagers of military families who are active or Retired.

Reactions: Deleted member 44276
I've known from a young age I wasn't like the other kids and I didn't know why. I thought at age 8 it was because I talked funny and I couldn't talk when I was little (ear infections and hearing loss did that so it made me language delayed) and then by age ten I figured I had more going on than just speech and language issues.

Yes.
When I was young, a lot of people just did not understand me as a person.
All I knew was that I was exceptionally eccentric as to my interests, my likes, and my dislikes.
I really had no idea why I was different from everybody else.
Age for me brought answers, understanding, and eventual self-acceptance of my MIld Autism and Mild Cerebral Palsy.
Anyway, I am my usual Night Owl Self and watching a science documentary on DVD, narrated by Actor Patrick Stewart.
Today was vacuum my bedroom day.
As always, before I can let myself be "Little", I have adult responsibilities.
Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, and I will be attending worship at the chuhrch I belong to.
Rigid routines give me structure and help me maintain emotional equilibrium.

Check the Love In Brief podcast for this week. They interviewed an autistic, incontenent, trans woman. Very interesting since she is non verbal and uses a voice created by her iPad.

I wish I didn't have any responsibilities at all 70% of my depression is needing to be an adult when I just want to be a kid again and not think about anything or worry about anyting
I have always struggled with keeping up with my responsibilities that's where my autism mostly trips me up socializing with other people and needing to do things I need to do
do not make me happy
I think the best medication I need for depression is diapers but I can't get them cuz my mom doesn't like it I've took pills and all they do is make me feel worse
I'm trying my best to make friends interested in the same things as me but at the same time I feel like I'm a needy jerk
my ideal dream life is being lazy and being a toddler not needing to worry about anything at all and everybody else takes care of all my problems that's what I want but it's not realistic

Lil_Shaddow said:
I've had pych doctors say i might have Aspergers I usually quit seeing em after everyone I have say that tho before they can do tests or anything to formally diagnose it cuz I dont want another reason for my mom to hate me.
It is nice to know what your problems are so you can work on solving them instead of blaming others for their attitude towards you. Your worst enemy can be the face in the mirror. Been there and I've wasted years .

RetroGamerGuy said:
i know it isnt for everyone but ive found a massive help for anxiety and panic attacks caused by aspergers and extreme change was adopting a dog. I know its expensive to have an animal and a big change but my gosh.....its helped SO MUCH
It is a lot of work but worth it. You have someone who loves you for what your are and doesn't make judgements . Choose the breed carefully.

Yes.
I am still here listening.
Sigh...
The adult world can not be ignored.
There is not getting away from it.
Anyway, yesterday my younger diabetic brother had another Transient Ischemic Attack while driving and he wrecked his latest car.
He is okay.
He is back home from a night in the hospital for observation.
This is now the 3rd "wreck" he has had in the last 4 years.
He will be 57 next month.
I gave up driving just over a year ago.
I think it is time for him to do the same.
Sigh...
I need to find another way to get out into the community here in Derry, New Hampshire, where there is zilch for public transportation.
I am "calling in favors" from friends.
Yes.
I need my teddy bear, because I am emotionally crashing this evening.

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new here and I just happened upon this forum. Well, my name is Rinn, I'm 18, I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 5, depression and anxiety at age 16, and Aspergers at age 17. I've been going to therapy for several years now, and while I have one of the highest overall SAT scores at my school and one of the highest English SAT scores I the country, I still suck at making friends, even though I've learned how to socialize. My therapist and my mom don't understand how I don't want the responsibilities and stress of being an adult, and really don't understand why I would want to regress back to being a child when there was nothing to worry about, and no stressors. No matter how I spin it, they just view me wanting to wear diapers as a, 'I want to have sex with children' thing.

RinntheWolf said:
Hello everyone, I'm relatively new here and I just happened upon this forum. Well, my name is Rinn, I'm 18, I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 5, depression and anxiety at age 16, and Aspergers at age 17. I've been going to therapy for several years now, and while I have one of the highest overall SAT scores at my school and one of the highest English SAT scores I the country, I still suck at making friends, even though I've learned how to socialize. My therapist and my mom don't understand how I don't want the responsibilities and stress of being an adult, and really don't understand why I would want to regress back to being a child when there was nothing to worry about, and no stressors. No matter how I spin it, they just view me wanting to wear diapers as a, 'I want to have sex with children' thing.

Good Evening and Welcome!
I guess you have discovered your desire to be a "Little".
Anyway, I am 61 years old.
Besides Asperger's/Autism, I also have Cerebral Palsy.

Warm welkome to the group Rinn

7:25 PM here in Derry, New Hampshire.
I am feeling good.
One of my friends from my church took me out grocery shopping earlier today.
Anyway, I did get some "Little Time" this afternoon.

Next month I have to see a psychologist appointed by Social Security. I am still in the process of trying to get SSI benefits. I would think that the fact they want me to be evaluated again would be a sign they are taking my claim semi-seriously, but I also know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Next month I have to see a psychologist appointed by Social Security. I am still in the process of trying to get SSI benefits. I would think that the fact they want me to be evaluated again would be a sign they are taking my claim semi-seriously, but I also know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high.
well, good luck anyhow!

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:

Good luck (crossing fingers )

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:

I am not sure what you mean by they want to reevaluate you but they send everyone to be evaluated by a doctor before they approve you. It's nothing like being retested again for a condition you have.

I have been really stressed out at work lately. I don't know why I keep getting upset over the dumbest things, I just do. My boss might have a talk with me next week about it, but I do know I won't get fired that easy. I also ordered a gold pacifier from EBay, and it glitters.

Here and present!

Back