Suggestion Little forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RainbowShy

Now that we have the little title, is there anyway of having a forum for littles? Most of the topics I talk about or want to ask don't fit in the other places. I think it would be nice to have something for littles to talk about little stuff. ^w^

MatalicPebble

LP2Lily
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Why not have a sub forum in the Adult babies forum? I think this would make the most sense. The diaper lover forum has a sub forum called incontinent. I would like to know what the difference is between an adult baby and a little is.

R

RainbowShy

A little is usually older than an adult baby. I don't consider myself an AB because I don't regress to a baby state. I think of myself as a little because that's my comfort zone.

KuroCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
There seems like there's absolutely zero need for it.

The titles of the forum categories are just that. They do not have to be entirely literal. You can be a non-AB and post about AB things (i.e. being a Little) in the sub-forum. There do not need to be sub-forums for every possibility.

M

Marka

Now that we have the little title, is there anyway of having a forum for littles? Most of the topics I talk about or want to ask don't fit in the other places. I think it would be nice to have something for littles to talk about little stuff. ^w^

There's technically always a way...

Create a thread, in a forum that is most closely relevant...or even start or join a little's group...

At the risk of trying to take a 'mile' for the 'inch' we've been given (littles title designation)... I think that we may leave well-enough alone for now...

I think that if the littles movement gains a high enough population, with enough activity for long enough... the powers that be, would be more inclined to consider this...

I think that it was a pretty good question to ask though...

-Marka

R

RainbowShy

Um... I don't know. Stuff about invisible friends is one? I don't think ABs have invisible friends yet. Those usually come around a much more older age.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Um... I don't know. Stuff about invisible friends is one? I don't think ABs have invisible friends yet. Those usually come around a much more older age.

That would still fit in the AB forum. Any other examples?

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I think Loki is looking for topics to discuss such as "What did you learn in pre-school today?" "What did your mommy get at the grocery store?" "My daddy took me to ______ today where I saw _____." I'm fishing, so let me know if I caught anything. ;)

incontinentGM24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
And that wouldn't fit into the AB category because…?
I am seeing absolutely zero justification for new subforum

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
AB or Adult toddler (little). What does a Little do that an (Adult) Baby can't. Therein lies the argument. It's a very thin line.

mistysummers

Transage little sissy who want to marry Fluttershy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
  2. Little
  3. Other
i see myself as a little or around an 8 yr old girl, i dont see why people like me need to be dumped into the same categorize as adult baby's.
littles should have there own forums to post in.
sissy / girls have there own sub forum.
i really dont see why people would be agent this. you dont need to post in it or even open the sub forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Give examples.

clothes for kids, not babys
school life
social life
older kids toys (not baby toys)

and there is many more

R

RainbowShy

i see myself as a little or around an 8 yr old girl, i dont see why people like me need to be dumped into the same categorize as adult baby's.
littles should have there own forums to post in.
sissy / girls have there own sub forum.
i really dont see why people would be agent this. you dont need to post in it or even open the sub forum.

- - - Updated - - -

clothes for kids, not babys
school life
social life
older kids toys (not baby toys)

and there is many more

This is exactly what I mean. My little age ranges from 2 to 13. It depends on my mood. I don't fit in the AB section, and I feel like with the new little category that many of us littles could benefit from very much. The AB section is for people who identify as ABs not littles. I always thought that as a little, you were much older than an AB too.

MatalicPebble

LP2Lily
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I really liked this thread because it got me thinking about who I was and who I trying to be. I can't keep trying to be a baby because of the fact that a baby does not really do the things that I like as an adult little. If I am making sense. I want to learn more but posting in a forum labeled adult baby just seems to be a stretch.

I agree that it will take a lot of work to make a sub forum. HTML and OS programing is hard to do especially when your making drastic changes. A forum is very different than a website that is informative like a page on Autism. You literally need a server just to host a forum where documentation on a disability can be on a server with several different websites hosted by a company. A forum has to pay for their own server and fit in with the ethics of copyright and government pressure on speech.

My question is this;

Would it be possible to change the name of the "Adult baby" forum to "Adult babies and littles?" Or if some one would like to think of a variation to this go for it. An other suggestion is to create prefixes for all forums so that we can label the thread Adult baby or Adult little. I know this may be just as extensive to do on a forum as to create a new sub forum but this makes more sense.

SIDE NOTE
By the way I have not created an OS or done extensive programming. I am still learning. The only thing I have done is programmed a integrated chip to flash a message on a LCD screen of a prototyping module. I don't mean to make myself look smart or better than anyone else.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
There's technically always a way...

Create a thread, in a forum that is most closely relevant...or even start or join a little's group...

At the risk of trying to take a 'mile' for the 'inch' we've been given (littles title designation)... I think that we may leave well-enough alone for now...

I think that if the littles movement gains a high enough population, with enough activity for long enough... the powers that be, would be more inclined to consider this...

I think that it was a pretty good question to ask though...

-Marka

I'm of the same Mind set of Marka. we were lucky to get the little title. don't bite the hand that feeds you. Moo Has Done way more for us than we realize (the Continued existance of the site is proof of that)

He has even complied with our recent request for a title but this i think is asking too much in too little time.

I am perfectly happy with the little title and and titling Threads "for Littles" in the AB section. there is no need for a whole other sub forum at this tim ethere are plenty of groups for any age group or gender you prefer.

I think we should just leave this one to rest.

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
The only reason to make a new forum is because none of the existing forums would suggest the topic. AB suggests just about every "little" topic there is. If we create a new forum for littles, all it will do is siphon content away from the AB forum and make people have to follow two forums for the same material.

M

Marka

I still don't think that there is enough merit to warrant this...but, an idea comes to mind... add "/ Littles" in other words ... the same forum could read Adult Baby / Littles

...no idea what complications that may, or may not create... I'm not concerned enough to put it in requests, but maybe it's a solution...??

-Marka

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
The addition of the new "little" profile option is great, but I don't think there are enough topics to warrant an entire subforum for it. Most topics would be just as applicable to adult babies, and any topics that are specifically about littles could be titled as such.

It may simply be that the title of the "Adult Baby" forum is a little deceptive. The description for it says that it is "[…] for topics pertaining mainly to adults who like diapers, age regression, playing baby, etc.". That certainly seems to cover littles to me.

Geno

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
This is actually been an interesting trend lately throughout the community blogs to sort of separate more specific behaviors/identities that have traditionally fallen under the Adult Baby banner. A lot of the want for separateness from the banner often takes three arguments: issues with the face value of the word "AB," behavioral differences and need to have their identity distinct so people won't confuse them with another group.

This has lead to two new categories I see people in the community now using: "Age-Player" and "Little." Here's a few examples of some discussion I've seen from a few blogs"

Littles vs Age-Players - A Little Understanding

Ageplay to me is more about the roleplaying of a child at a certain age whereas for a little, being childlike is an innate part of their personality. Even in their "adult" mindset, they still have characteristics that are childlike.

Being little is not about role-playing a certain age, it's about expressing those inner emotions that you can't express in your "adult" life... Vulnerability, innocence, dependence. And a little's way to do this is to act childlike. A little usually doesn't have a specific age, instead it'll vary along a spectrum. Factors like the environment they're in, the people they're with and their mood may affect how "little" a little is at any given point.

If you ask a little (assuming they don't age-play) their age, they are likely to either look at you confused, not sure what to answer, make a guess based on how they feel, or they'll tell you their chronological age. An ageplayer is much more likely to know exactly what age they are playing.

An age-player is more playing the role of a child, role-playing a child at a specific age... If you ask an age-player her/his age, then you will usually receive a concrete answer of the age they are playing.

Usually, a little won't snap in and out of their little mode straight away, it's a progression into it and a progression out of it. Ageplayers tend to be much more flexible in clicking into their childlike role and back out.

Littles make wonderful ageplayers because someone who is naturally childlike can of course pull off the role of a child seamlessly. I do not age-play, but that doesn't mean little's don't age-play... many little's are age-players.

So then, what's the reason age-players have distanced themselves from the "AB?" I a lot of comments I see are based on the fact they want nothing to do with diapers. But then we're given this sort of confusing statement (from the same blog):

Do littles wear diapers?
This is an answer I get asked a fair amount, or rather people assume that because I'm a little that i like diapers.

Littles don't generally like or wear diapers. The littles that do wear diapers have an ageplay element in their behaviour. Wearing a diaper is a roleplay element.

Many littles do ageplay, and that's where the confusion comes from. There is nothing wrong at all with being both an ageplayer and a little.

Arguments aside about whether being Little is innate or not, or that the differences themselves are that big enough they need their own label, there's no consensus on these identities and the reasons argued seem pretty nitpicky.

Given the reason for the want for a Little forum, we should also have an Age-Play forum, a Little girl forum, a Sissy forum, ect. That's an organizational and confusing nightmare!

Also there's adequate enough evidence such topics are posted correctly into the AB forum already and responded too. So the only conceivable reason to add the sub forum is if such topics are not welcome there or don't fit (which they are welcome and do fit). So for needing to feel distinct, that's what the new identity option is for. I suppose though we should also have an Age-Player option as I believe this is going to be requested later given current trends.

M

Marka

"..."..."

Given the reason for the want for a Little forum, we should also have an Age-Play forum, a Little girl forum, a Sissy forum, ect. That's an organizational and confusing nightmare!

Also there's adequate enough evidence such topics are posted correctly into the AB forum already and responded too. So the only conceivable reason to add the sub forum is if such topics are not welcome there or don't fit (which they are welcome and do fit). So for needing to feel distinct, that's what the new identity option is for. I suppose though we should also have an Age-Player option as I believe this is going to be requested later given current trends.

Great dissection and illustration Geno...damned if we do...damned if we don't too eh?

So I'll reiterate with an amendment...of course, it's not likely to please all of the people...all of the time either...but, a forum title change to...

Adult Baby / Littles / Age-Players / Toddlers (and anything else we haven't thought of yet to accommodate all the variances possible to those who for one reason or another...act, or otherwise identify with non-adult persona or characters, etc, etc etc...)

I see more of the predicament... :eek:

I don't intend that to sound snide...but I have empathy for thinking we might just be splitting 'hairs' now...

All things considered though, and without my sarcasm... What would simply renaming the current title of the now Adult Baby forum, to something a bit more expansive, or less restrictive in terminology entail?

Respectfully,
-Marka

Status
Not open for further replies.