Little bedtime: is your bedroom door open, closed, or locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feetintrouble

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
What happens with your bedroom door at night, or for afternoon nap? Is it what you the little want, or what your big wants?

Once I'm tucked up in my little bed, for afternoon nap or for the night, my bedroom door is closed, and firmly locked, so I can't wander out. I easily succumb to temptation, and I have been known to sneak out when I should be in bed, or to walk in my sleep. I feel safer when I hear the door being bolted, knowing that I have to stay in my room.

Me personally, I just leave it up to daddy. Usually for an afternoon nap, he’ll close it (at least most of the way)

However at night, he normally keeps it open, and it stays open unless he wakes up and is walking around before I’m up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a caregiver, but I'd never ever allow anyone to lock my door while I'm asleep. One of the things that has me lay awake at night is "what if there's a fire?" and imagine how that fear would get inflated by a locked door. In general, I think it's unsafe to lock a door to a room where someone is sleeping at night. For a nap, sure, if another person in the house is awake and alert, but at night, when everyone's sleeping? Nuh-uh.

That being said, I can't sleep very well with my door open because of light. So I always close it to keep my room as dark as possible. Except for when my cat sleeps on me, then I have to keep it open a bit so she doesn't wake me up at 4am cause she wants to go outside.

Definitely locked, for beds, naps, changes and cuddling. I have 14 year old son, discretion is key.

My bedroom door is kept closed at all times to keep the animals out. This includes at night. The bedroom doors at my house do not have locks on them.

I keep my door closed all the time. During the summer I use and air conditioner and leaving the door open can drive up the power bill. During the winter I use my fan and leave the window slightly open so my room doesn't get too hot from the furnace. I love sleeping in a cold, dark room.

Closed and locked. At my own desire. I have an aunt who would just walk into our house and fling my bedroom door open without knocking or even announcing her presence. And then proceed to berate me about the state of my room. The last time she did it, I looked at her and said "No one told or asked you to come open my door and look at my room. Get out." She was extremely pissed off at me, but my father bought me a doorknob that locks on the inside just because of her.

I can get out whenever I need to, and in case of a fire, my bedroom window is right next to my bed. ;) Dad used to be a volunteer fireman and taught me to just grab something and smash that glass, put my blanket over it and jump out. I remember telling him as a kid "But you're not supposed to smash windows." And he said "If there's a big fire and you can't get outside through the doors, I don't care. You get out and then we'll get a new window."

Well, I'm in an interesting position. My apartment is a studio apartment, so it's pretty much a giant open space, no doors so much as doorways and joined rooms. The only physical doors are the front door which goes out into the apartment building corridor and my bathroom door.

With that being said, the closest thing I have to a bedroom door is my apartment's front door and that stays closed and latched all the time, especially when I'm regressing. If someone is in my apartment when I regress, well then, they're sharing space with a big baby, because there's no doors for me or them to shut :)

It's just me and the dog so my bedroom door stays open. The three upstairs bedrooms in my house are connected by a hallway, and I lean a kid/dog gate up against the hallway opening to keep my dog from going into the living room at night. But my bedroom door is open so she can go out into the hallway if she wants. She fidgets through the night, going in and out of her crate. Often she lays at the foot of my bed. She always stays close to me. Also, she doesn't care if I wear diapers or not.

Here in the house trailer here in Derry, NH which I co-own with my younger brother, my bedroom door stays closed, so I have my "private space", which is also my "Adult Baby/Little Space".

Eh it all depends. I don't have air conditioning in my house, so it's quite hot in the summer so I try to keep it cool in here as much as I can. So I will leave the door opened hoping that it helps the window fan pull air in.

Mostly I close the door.

It really doesn't matter my mom knows I'm little, so I can play my relaxation music, turn my led light on and go to sleep that way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My door has to be open. Otherwise, how will Ms. Kitty. Get to her sand pan?

Even if I didn't live in a studio apartment (there is only the one door), it would be closed and locked. I need space.

When I lived with my parents, I would keep my door closed when I took naps or at night. During this time I was not into AB/DL. The only time my parents would come into my room with the door closed was at night to take my cat down to the basement where he slept at night.

Once I got my own place - I never* close the door. I like to allow the cat(s) to be free to use the litter box if needed.

* I would close my door almost the whole way if I had guests over but this was mostly because I didn't want them to see me getting dressed.

Thanks everybody for your replies so far. When I'm in the little mindset, for me it's often about being kept safe from myself; so I feel safest if precautions are taken to make sure I can't go anywhere. As a baby is confined in a high-sided bed, I like going to sleep knowing that I am safely confined to my bedroom, because my carer has locked me in.

I sleep with the door closed, but not locked. My parents know that I am ABDL, and therefore wouldn't be shocked to see me sleeping in a diaper cuddling with my teddy bear. I leave the door closed though because the dark helps me sleep, and helps the glow-in-the-dark stars on my ceiling shine brighter! :paci:

My bedroom doesn't have a door (sigh)

For me Babied Up time is definitely with my bedroom door closed. I live in a 2 bed 2 bathroom Apt. I just got a new onesie. My second one from Amazon.com. I have a new order of diapers coming tomorrow from Rearz.

Big me keeps my door closed and locked so my mother can't come in my room while I'm sleeping. She's done it before, it's creepy, but she thinks it's normal. Little me keeps it closed and locked too, but for different reasons. Her mommy and daddy would just break through the locked door before and hurt her, now she keeps it closed and locked to make sure no one can hurt her while she sleeps. It's locked from the inside, by her. She sleeps in a diaper, so going to the bathroom isn't necessary, but the locked door just prevents anyone from getting in there.

feetintrouble said:
What happens with your bedroom door at night, or for afternoon nap? Is it what you the little want, or what your big wants?

Once I'm tucked up in my little bed, for afternoon nap or for the night, my bedroom door is closed, and firmly locked, so I can't wander out. I easily succumb to temptation, and I have been known to sneak out when I should be in bed, or to walk in my sleep. I feel safer when I hear the door being bolted, knowing that I have to stay in my room.

I keep my bedroom door closed, but not locked. This is only just to keep my dogs out of the room, or they will insist on making sure I'm ok every hour or two.

I am a little concerned you have a fire safety hazard going on in your situation though. Do you have a means to unlock the door from the inside? Or at least a secondary means of escape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back