Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
anyone else have this problem? like sometimes when i try to put it on i get it almost perfect, other times padding part that for your butt is either a bit too high or off to the side an its uncomfortable to sit in. Also trying ot make sure that u tape the back to the front at the same height is also a challenge. Anybody got any tips for making lining up your diaper easier? o.o

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Sometimes. When I put on my diaper while lying down, I almost always end up adjusting it a bit after getting up. Fortunately, with cloth diapers, adjustment is easy and comes without risk of tearing.

Shortly after joining ADISC, I discovered that a number of people prefer to put their diaper on while standing. I tried it, and I do think it's easier to get a snug, even fit that way. Basically, you pin the diaper between your butt and a wall, much as you would between your butt and the floor. Then it's all normal stuff. The advantage, though, is that you can easily lean away from the wall at any time to make sure your diaper is centered on your butt, or to pull the back higher if the front is coming up too high. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. I'd probably do it all the time, except that there are times when I'll put boosters pads and whatnot in my diapers, and those can be a little trickier to work with behind your own back.

And then, of course, there's just knowing the particular diaper and how it fits you. Once you've fastened the same kind of diaper on yourself a bunch of times, I'd expect it to get easier and the results to get more consistent.

Infinitas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
ah, im not consistant with it, sometimes i get it right sometimes i don't, i wanna try standing up,hope i don't mess it up some how tho xD.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
It takes practice. I do mine lying down. With my handicaps I can't do standing. I first open up my diaper and smooth it out.
Then when I lye down I make sure it's centered. After I do that I let the front back down and powder up and then I tape up.
I find that I don't have to adjust hardly at all. That's what I do with my disposable diapers. I do basically the same with my
cloth diapers. I open it up and lay in the booster and do the same procedure that I use for putting on my disposable.

S

Speck

One problem is, is that one side of our body is naturally larger than the other, so you can't always rely on the landing zones to get an accurate fit. Personally I go by feel, I tape up my larger side first, then I do the other matching the height of the tape on the other side. Works for me...

Also, try taping from top to bottom first, or vice versa...

xtrabulk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I read somewhere that you should tape the first tab with your non dominant hand, because your dominant hand will pull tighter, throwing off the centering. Sounded silly, but I've been doing it for a week, and it really helps. Like a Diaper Hack or something. Weird, but effective!

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Standing is easier in my opinion.

and practice... over the years I must have changed my diapers thousands of times... these days I can do it half asleep and still get a perfect fit...

Cauthon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I've found one way of taping to be far superior for me. Standing, against a wall. One lower tape, opposite side upper tape, remaining lower, last upper, middles if there are any. I've tried standing, sitting, laying with all orders of tapes. This has been by far the best and most consistent method for me across all diapers.

Incontinentia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I can do it eithet way but prefer laying down. In the beginning it was hard to get it right but I got good at it over the years. Now my wife normally does it and it took her a while to get it right too, but now it's almost always perfect.

Infinitas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
i htink my main problem is tryin to get the tapes in the right spot and tryin to get the front "wings" being level with the back and smoothed out. One problem i run into with my bellissimos is that its really hard to get the tapes in the right spot because they almost always end up on a crease....im just the right size that the tapes will only be snug if i tape them right on the crease of the diaper and it gets really annoying, if i was slightly thinner i could pull them a bit further x-x

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
The only way I can tape I diaper on (reliably) is to lay down on bed. I try to centre it and align it by using my thumb and forefingers on each side to pull up the front and back simultaneously, and as I wrap the left wing round and fasten the lower tape (not too low and close to the edge of the elastic), I try to hold the front in place so it doesn't pull to one side.

It's taken years of practice, though!

I remember after the very first time I saw (and bought!) adult diapers (aged ~21). They were a rubbish brand, and I taped them on really badly. So next time I got a ruler and marked on graduations on the diaper and tried to very precisely tape the sides equally! It took me half an hour to get the diaper on! And even then it was a bit random!

Practice makes perfect! :-D

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
i htink my main problem is tryin to get the tapes in the right spot and tryin to get the front "wings" being level with the back and smoothed out. One problem i run into with my bellissimos is that its really hard to get the tapes in the right spot because they almost always end up on a crease....im just the right size that the tapes will only be snug if i tape them right on the crease of the diaper and it gets really annoying, if i was slightly thinner i could pull them a bit further x-x
There's a good excuse to work out [emoji6].

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Standing pressing your butt holding the diaper up against the wall is a huge help. Experience with the same diaper is big too, after years of practice I know just where to put the tapes on all the major brands to achieve a comfortable fit.

Infinitas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Its diff for each brand isnt it? o.o

maybe losing some weight could help a bit too ^^;

but yeah its a real struggle to get the tapes to a flat surface on the diaper x-x

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Don't think about it, DO it! Haha, seriously just do it. You will figure it out, it's way easier than people think. I don't know why people even think about it. I have found that it is very easy to put them on in every position. The hardest two ways to put one on, that I have found, is backwards and inside out. If you can put one on backwards or inside out, you can put one normally.

KiwiBoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I do it while sitting on the edge of a bed. Kinda combines the best bits of standing and lying down. The main thing is to stretch the tabs before sitting on it and making sure it's lined up properly.

Infinitas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
well im not new to wearing diapers xD, just i swear i have no consistant way of getting it on right. Whats usually the best position for the tapes? o.o

bj80

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
For me it really helps if I first fold it in the middle. If you do this carefully and then pass it between your legs from front to back, then stand against a wall to keep it in place and adjust the height; it's always nearly perfect when you stick down the tapes.
Hope that helps.

dw2169

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I put the idaper laid out on the edge of a bed. I back up to it and pull it between my legs. I then even up the top of both sides of the diaper and put one of the top tapes on. When you have a diaper on that is perfect, pay attention where the top tape is positioned so you can always do the same thing. After the top tape is on then I do the other top tape making sure I have pulled the diaper tight and then do the bottom tapes. If you master this, then you can put a diaper on almost anywhere or you can pretape one side and step into it like a pullup also.

Pianissima

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i've had to wear for quite some time now, and I still cant seem to get it right. I see people with perfect line-ups and it looks like its so easy.. ITS SO NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.