• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Limited Access Is Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa

Banned
Role
Private
I think the limited access is stupid and has prevented me from doing stuff that I wanted to do as a newbie.

If the limitations are not lifted soon, I will just cancel out and leave for good.

Anybody listening?

Frustrated!!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think the limited access is stupid and has prevented me from doing stuff that I wanted to do as a newbie.

If the limitations are not lifted soon, I will just cancel out and leave for good.

Anybody listening?

Frustrated!!
It's more of a different reason for you than other people, since you have barely posted...The limit is to get people active, and if you want to see more, you have to do more...That's how it is for some sites...

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Limited access is smart!

There's good reasons for newbies having limited access, it's just one of those things that everyone has to put up with once.

If newbies could PM, for example, then creepy could sign up and send PMs to everyone straight away. The last thing we want is members getting tonnes of creepy PMs from people. Especially like in other *B/DL places where female members get hounded by creepy horny guys...

Rather than cancel and leave, why not just put up with it for the short time it takes to become a regular? All you need is 20 posts, and as long as none of those posts get negative reputation, you'll become a member.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Other people's complaints about Limited Access are due to having made the required contributions, achieved the status, and then lost it due to a period of inactivity. I don't think you're going to see a lot of people agreeing that people should get access to everything just by signing up. However, if you wanted to make some suggestions as to what you see as a more reasonable path for progression of access, I expect people would be willing to mull it over. This place is worth a little effort (and that's all it takes, a little), but if that seems like too much, maybe it's not for you.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Well I have been asked by a member that wishes to remain unnamed to point out that the requirements are a punishment to those that would like to be active, but only have access for limited times. He is only able to get connection when in port, and the length of time for that may very. When on he would like to be active, though the time between can be up to nine days before a port with access. He has lost all of his aces to the areas that he was active in, there for making it a problem each time that he is active to remain so when he is once again able.
I understand the idea of having people that are active, though a punishment method will drive more people away then it draws in. The idea was sound in the hope of getting participation, though this site is, if nothing else, a place for people to feel safe and understood. Having restrictions placed on them because they are overseas, in the service, or any other reason that would prevent them from posting will only make them feel more of an outsider.
I do not have an answer, only am relaying a message that I was asked to. They would have sent it right to Moo however he is not able to do so being that he has lost that access.

Role
Private
To some degree I'm with Trevor on this one. It really only does take a minimal effort to attain regular status. 20 posts isn't a lot, especially at a place where the focus is on posting. It's not that we want to drive people away, it's for the people here who aren't interested in being PMed by unknown (and usually creepy) people. And I can assure you, a lot of people here don't want that. We aren't a typical run-off-the-mill AB/DL website, and I'm not saying that in a presumptuous tone.

Then again, once you are a regular, you do have to keep it up to stay a regular. As LuvsGirl pointed out, this could be troublesome to those who aren't able to come on every week, or just not often enough to maintain it. Or even those who just simply don't post because the conversation isn't to their liking... That aspect I would like to see changed.

Lone_Wolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I Don't Like The Limited Access it is bad it is saying im a luker but im always on and have a post rep of 100+ whats going on with that cannot even look at my own profile.

Teresa

Banned
Role
Private
"Take Down That Wall!" :)

I am having trouble with the logic of a newbie needing to do more to see more when the rules put more barriers in place, which make it more difficult to do more.

Recommendation: dump the restrictions and let all members do what the heck they want unless they are violating some other terms of service.

If you want more activity, then make it easier, not harder! Geez! Make this site look like it run by control freeks.

"Take down that wall!" :)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
20 posts is almost what I make in a day :D...There are plenty of threads you can reply to...I seriously don't see what the big deal is...If you can't make just 20 posts, then maybe honestly you shouldn't even bother trying

Teresa

Banned
Role
Private
you want 20 posts...oh, ok. Here we go!

Limited access is smart!

There's good reasons for newbies having limited access, it's just one of those things that everyone has to put up with once.

If newbies could PM, for example, then creepy could sign up and send PMs to everyone straight away. The last thing we want is members getting tonnes of creepy PMs from people. Especially like in other *B/DL places where female members get hounded by creepy horny guys...

Rather than cancel and leave, why not just put up with it for the short time it takes to become a regular? All you need is 20 posts, and as long as none of those posts get negative reputation, you'll become a member.
Politely disagree. 19 to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lone_Wolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Pojo how is this going on, i have been posting but i was off for three days and this happened when am i going to get this luker thing off? i have a post of 140+ and i posted last week.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Pojo how is this going on, i have been posting but i was off for three days and this happened when am i going to get this luker thing off? i have a post of 140+ and i posted last week.

When you're demoted from not posting in a while, it can take up to an hour for the system to put you back to where you were...So just wait a little while, and you should be back to regular

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
The question is not should a person have to post the needed 20, though this brings up the point of people spamming, or messege whoring as some have called it on other sites. It is weather one whom has already done all of this, had been very active in the past should lose this if they all of a suddon have limited access.

G

gamebaby

just keep posting you will live. becids this site isnt just ment for the featurs. its ment to talk to others who wear diapers or who are into them.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
I am having trouble with the logic of a newbie needing to do more to see more when the rules put more barriers in place, which make it more difficult to do more.

Recommendation: dump the restrictions and let all members do what the heck they want unless they are violating some other terms of service.

If you want more activity, then make it easier, not harder! Geez! Make this site look like it run by control freeks.

"Take down that wall!" :)
The reason our admins are being "control freaks" is an effort to keep everyone safe. It's important that the more personal discussions on this board be restricted to those who have proven that they are mature and without ill intentions. If you take the time to write thoughtful and meaningful posts you will prove to us that you deserve elevated status. Since you're moderated now you can still achieve regular status if you follow these guidelines. I'll give you +rep if you can show that you deserve it, but if you aren't patient then I think it's only fair to warn you that you'll probably end up banned.

Maybe we should encourage "meaningful" posts next time guys? :sweatdrop:

--Danny :ninja:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Politely disagree. 19 to go.
You didn't give any reason for the disagreement...

The system is a good one, Moo isn't a 'control freak', he's just putting in realistic rules to keep people safe.
And trust me, it would be a very bad thing if all newbies has access to everything straight away!

It seems like you've decided to spam your way to become a regular...
In my first post I said: "All you need is 20 posts, and as long as none of those posts get negative reputation, you'll become a member."

Spam will get you negative rep...

The system stops creepy people getting access. Wanting to have member access, and cheating to get it is a little creepy!
So the system works!

You CAN still become a member, but it'll be a lot harder now... You'll have to make some good posts to get positive rep.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer

Sure. And while we're at it: Mind giving me the keys to your house? You probably don't mind if I look around that place as long as I don't destroy or rearrange anything, or bother the people there. Maybe I'll test your bed, or go through your underwear drawer and giggle at the funny underwear you own?!
Would you like that? Probably not! And it's the same with our forum: We don't let anyone in! We want to get to know people first before we let them in. So you'll have to put up with the fact that, after ringing the ADISC doorbell, you will only be let into the hallway, and the doors to the living room won't open until you've proven yourself worthy (you're currently doing a shitty job at that - look at your rep!). And we certainly won't let you into the most intimate place of our house (the bedroom) unless you're a very important person to us.

That's our terms of service (TOS). If you don't agree to them, then you won't have any choice but to leave. No store will do business with you unless you agree to the TOS, and it's no different here.
We have our reasons for our rules, and no one here wishes to change them!

Peachy

Role
Incontinent
Sure. And while we're at it: Mind giving me the keys to your house? You probably don't mind if I look around that place as long as I don't destroy or rearrange anything, or bother the people there. Maybe I'll test your bed, or go through your underwear drawer and giggle at the funny underwear you own?!
Would you like that? Probably not! And it's the same with our forum: We don't let anyone in! We want to get to know people first before we let them in. So you'll have to put up with the fact that, after ringing the ADISC doorbell, you will only be let into the hallway, and the doors to the living room won't open until you've proven yourself worthy (you're currently doing a shitty job at that - look at your rep!). And we certainly won't let you into the most intimate place of our house (the bedroom) unless you're a very important person to us.

That's our terms of service (TOS). If you don't agree to them, then you won't have any choice but to leave. No store will do business with you unless you agree to the TOS, and it's no different here.
We have our reasons for our rules, and no one here wishes to change them!

Peachy
That was a great analogy, Peachy. It summed everything up quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.