Light-up pacifier at concert

TheMat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I haven't been around in a while but I saw something the other day that I just had to bring up here. I'm a huge Zedd fan and in a video of one his concerts, the camera settles on a girl a couple times that really looks like she's sucking on a pacifier! And it lights up and she's moving with the music, just being totally open about it. Anyone ever seen such a thing before?
Seen for about 1 second at 1:33:30 and a couple seconds at 1:34:26.

• Wow
Reactions: KrankyPants and JaysonTheRegressor
Pacifiers are very common in rave/EDM culture because one of the side effects of MDMA usage is teeth grinding.

I've never done drugs, but been to a dozen or so raves/festivals. Saw a guy wearing a Northshore Supreme at 2016 EDC lol. That was an interesting sighting.

Reactions: Sheepies, BobbiSueEllen and KrankyPants
hanzertas said:
Pacifiers are very common in rave/EDM culture because one of the side effects of MDMA usage is teeth grinding.

I've never done drugs, but been to a dozen or so raves/festivals. Saw a guy wearing a Northshore Supreme at 2016 EDC lol. That was an interesting sighting.
darn! beat me to it! 🤣 yea, coming from someone that had done a lot of MDMA, it makes your jaw clench really bad. for some reason whenever I take MDMA, it gets me right into little space.....every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanzertas
hanzertas said:

Interesting, thanks for that insight. Drugs and raves aren't things I know anything about :LOL:
I've heard of diaper wearing at concerts just for practical reasons.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, hanzertas and diaperpatrol
TheMat said:
Interesting, thanks for that insight. Drugs and raves aren't things I know anything about :LOL:

I’m too young to remember the early 90’s rave culture. But if you do a little bit of searching on google, you’ll find tons of pictures of ravers in the 90’s with pacifiers, as well as being dressed up like littles. the aesthetics overlap quite a bit. some of the pictures I’ve seen, the people in them just look like AB/DL’s lol. wouldn’t surprise me if some were/are.

Reactions: hanzertas, KrankyPants and TheMat
TheMat said:
I've a more recent fan of EDM, really have only been into it since it went "mainstream" in like 2011ish but the festival culture is really fun and positive. Plenty of sober (well, maybe not sober but drug-free lol, I still will drink beer at any concert) folks like me who enjoy them. I went to Electric Zoo in New York 2012 and then Paradiso in Washington in 2014 and then capped it off with the biggies ... EDC in Las Vegas in 2015 and 2016. A couple other local ones in the San Francisco area. Plus seeing Skrillex on tour 2-3 times and Porter Robinson in 2016. Feels so weird now but hopefully post-pandemic can get back to big festival crowds.

Reactions: diaperpatrol
Pacifiers and binkies are pretty common (and maybe popular) in the rave scene. There's the pacifiers that have a hard nipple and light-up (these are made more for drug usage). Then there's ones that have a regular nipple and those can either be a baby pacifier or just those one light up pacifiers that are like a necklace. Some of them use it as an accessory to their kandi necklaces as well. However if I remember correctly some rave places might not allow those along with kandi jewelry.

Reactions: TheMat
Yes these pacifiers have a hard nipple, all plastic, a battery, a little switch to switch on the rainbow color flashing. I bought one more than 20 years ago. The nipple has a hole, that you can blow the whistle.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Xaver said:
Yes these pacifiers have a hard nipple, all plastic, a battery, a little switch to switch on the rainbow color flashing. I bought one more than 20 years ago. The nipple has a hole, that you can blow the whistle.
I didn't know that! You'd think if they're meant for helping with teeth clenching and grinding you'd want something much softer than hard plastic no?

Back