Life on Mars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Private
Whereabouts in the photo is it? (Too make sure I'm looking at the right thing)

And honestly, I think the only life that would exist on Mars is bacteria or another form of microscopic life...

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Whereabouts in the photo is it? (Too make sure I'm looking at the right thing)

And honestly, I think the only life that would exist on Mars is bacteria or another form of microscopic life...
When you enlarge the photo it's on the left. You'll see a human like figure.

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
holy crap... actually from this distance whatever it is seemingly remnds me of a tuskan raider from star wars... and funnily enough on the right side of the photo level with the 'alien' is a rock which roughly resembles a miniture sandcrawler it looks a tad to intrcate to be a rock formaton, and its totally different from the background

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
lol fake...looks like big foot

anna s

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think its just a rocky out crop or something. I dont think it is possible to support any form of life on Mars (at present anyway). But the pic is spooky nontheless

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't believe it is a llifeform in the pic, but I do believe there is or was life on mars

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
that picture there is their basis for assuming life on Mars?

I think there's a chance there is - but that picture doesn't really suggest it. o.0

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It looks real. But I definatelly doubt it is..

Oh, in before someone makes a not very funny joke about the connection with the title of this thread and David Bowie.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It looks real. But I definatelly doubt it is..

Oh, in before someone makes a not very funny joke about the connection with the title of this thread and David Bowie.
Tis a good song, though ^^,

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I love that album!

As for life on Mars, I'm completely uneducated when it comes to science, so I can only make my own theorized ideas. I don't believe, like Anna and a few others said before me, that Mars can necessarily support fully-functional forms of life save for micro-organisms and bacteria. Then again, that's judged based on the fact that life would require the same needs as that here on Earth -- who says that standards don't change in different parts of the universe?

Do I think that there is more life in the universe? Oh, hell yes. Think about the odds:

The sun is a star, and if one star can command nine planets around it, and one of those planets is just far enough away to support life...

... if you hold a quarter up to the sky, and consider that there are at least 10,000 unseen stars in that space that have yet for their light to come to earth...

... it makes complete nonsense to me to think that we're the ony living, breathing, sentient race in existence.

I would like to think that as we discuss this now, there are other humans out there -- whose sun has allowed them to thrive on a planet for aeons -- who are probably thinking the same thing.

That's just my fantastical thinking! Cool find of an article, Mickal!

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I think there must be life out there, the universe is so big, there has to be other chances of life.

But on Mars? No, I doubt it. Maybe bacteria, but not a humanoid life form.
So I think it's a rock, it's just the way our brain works that makes us recognise as an alien...

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
I don't know how many forums I'm going to say this on.

The picture is REAL. The figure is a shadow from a dust storm on Mars that was taken by the rover, look closely and you can see the rock's pattern on the "figure"

Jakethefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, , Carer
its a chance, but it might just be a rock formation...

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I was watching Daily Planet on the Discover Channel and they got a legit answer for what the picture is from NASA. NASA said it is a rock formation caused by the intense wind eroding the rock into sand, there is no life there (but there is evidence of water being there, ie: river lines in the images, ice below the surface of the sand, and ice caps).

On another note, they were also talking about this as well, saying that a lot of people (including me) see a face made out of the rock (also caused by the wind eroding the rock)

Who here also sees the face?

Status
Not open for further replies.