• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Life long DL, new to this community

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi, I've looked at some of the content here from time to time but only recently signed up. I'm late 40's and have loved diapers for literally as long as I can remember, but I only indulged in that a few times during my life.

Things changed 6 years ago when I started having some moderate incontinence issues. Out of necessity (and without complaint) I started using pull-ups. After about 4 months when wearing those 24/7 became just a part of life, I bought a bag of actual diapers - plastic backed ones. I didn't mention anything to my wife about trying them, but instead just started wearing them one day. I was expecting my wife to ask a few questions, but instead she just said "the ones you're wearing today are noisy - be sure to only use those in the house". I said I noticed as well they were quite crinkly and not to worry because I was only intending to use them on more stressful days when I seemed to leak more because I read somewhere that they are more absorbent. Over time, I gradually shifted to wearing diapers (instead of pull ups) every night, and for the past 12 months or so having been using them about 50% of days as well.

Reactions: Lumos, warmfeeling, Subtlerustle and 4 others

RetroGirl15

Symbol of beauty & purity; Cure Cheri Blossom! 🌸
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Welcome! I have been honestly liking diapers for years and never admitted it until i was a teenager. Moved out at 20 and bought a stash of tena proskin & goodnites ! Such a good memory. I was diagnosed with IC also recently too, so i basically wear.

Reactions: Rita, HalMidLife, warmfeeling and 1 other person

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
HalMidLife said:
Hi, I've looked at some of the content here from time to time but only recently signed up. I'm late 40's and have loved diapers for literally as long as I can remember, but I only indulged in that a few times during my life.

Things changed 6 years ago when I started having some moderate incontinence issues. Out of necessity (and without complaint) I started using pull-ups. After about 4 months when wearing those 24/7 became just a part of life, I bought a bag of actual diapers - plastic backed ones. I didn't mention anything to my wife about trying them, but instead just started wearing them one day. I was expecting my wife to ask a few questions, but instead she just said "the ones you're wearing today are noisy - be sure to only use those in the house". I said I noticed as well they were quite crinkly and not to worry because I was only intending to use them on more stressful days when I seemed to leak more because I read somewhere that they are more absorbent. Over time, I gradually shifted to wearing diapers (instead of pull ups) every night, and for the past 12 months or so having been using them about 50% of days as well.
Hello welcome here

Reactions: HalMidLife

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Welcome, @HalMidLife. I hope you find the site fun and helpful! I'm another 40-something. So far, my diaper usage has been entirely discretionary, but if something happens to change that, I suppose I'll be better off for having "prepared," heh. :) I'm married with teenage kids. My wife knows about and accepts my little side, and I think I've succeeded in keeping the kids in the dark about it. I work from home while the rest of the family commutes to work and school, so my workday doubles as my little time. I'm glad your wife's chill about this.

Reactions: HalMidLife and warmfeeling

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Welcome and enjoy

dlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Welcome to the community, glad everything has worked out for you regarding wearing. It is always nice to not have to hide it. There are lots of great people here with lots of different stories. The more you contribute, the more you will get out, and remember to be kind.

Kellycares

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hi and welcome. I hope you find as much helpful advice, support and encouragement here as I have. I have an over active bladder which causes the same moderate incontinence issues you have. Eventually, I grew tired of dealing with this situation and began requiring myself to wear (and use) fully absorbant adult diapers full time. And, as I began to accept this need, I also learned to love what diapers bring to my life. I hope you know how fortunate you are to have a wife who accepts your diaper needs. I’m happy for you, but a bit jealous as my diaper needs have left me feeling a bit isolated relationship wise.

• Sad
Reactions: Rita, EcoIncon, mamabritt544 and 4 others

selfdestruct

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello, and welcome!

NappyCouple1980

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello and welcome!

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Cottontail said:
Welcome, @HalMidLife. I hope you find the site fun and helpful! I'm another 40-something. So far, my diaper usage has been entirely discretionary, but if something happens to change that, I suppose I'll be better off for having "prepared," heh. :) I'm married with teenage kids. My wife knows about and accepts my little side, and I think I've succeeded in keeping the kids in the dark about it. I work from home while the rest of the family commutes to work and school, so my workday doubles as my little time. I'm glad your wife's chill about this.
Actually she doesn't know about my DL side. From her perspective I wear them because I need to - which is completely true. I sort of lucked out having a medical condition that supports my interests. It's a silly example, but I equate it to a guy who loves to cross dress having (for some reason I can't imagine) to wear lingerie.

Reactions: Kellycares

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hello and welcome! 😊

Reactions: Rita and HalMidLife

geka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
hello and welcome you seem doing well with your IC issues Attitude is everything

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Kellycares said:
Hi and welcome. I hope you find as much helpful advice, support and encouragement here as I have. I have an over active bladder which causes the same moderate incontinence issues you have. Eventually, I grew tired of dealing with this situation and began requiring myself to wear (and use) fully absorbant adult diapers full time. And, as I began to accept this need, I also learned to love what diapers bring to my life. I hope you know how fortunate you are to have a wife who accepts your diaper needs. I’m happy for you, but a bit jealous as my diaper needs have left me feeling a bit isolated relationship wise.
I'm sorry to hear about that. I remember the first week I started using pull ups, I hid it from my wife because I was too embarrassed to tell her. I would clean the kitty litter three times a day so I could change and throw the used ones away along with the litter. When I worked up the nerve to tell her, she was incredibly understanding. She said, "I'm a girl, and girls understand what it's like to use products". That being said, I know she would prefer if I didn't use diapers (i.e. just stick with pull ups) but she accepts that I find them to work better and therefore feel more secure and comfortable (which is completely true - I would say that even if I didn't have DL interests). But yes, she is very supportive and I am lucky.

Kellycares

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
HalMidLife said:
I'm sorry to hear about that. I remember the first week I started using pull ups, I hid it from my wife because I was too embarrassed to tell her. I would clean the kitty litter three times a day so I could change and throw the used ones away along with the litter. When I worked up the nerve to tell her, she was incredibly understanding. She said, "I'm a girl, and girls understand what it's like to use products". That being said, I know she would prefer if I didn't use diapers (i.e. just stick with pull ups) but she accepts that I find them to work better and therefore feel more secure and comfortable (which is completely true - I would say that even if I didn't have DL interests). But yes, she is very supportive and I am lucky.
Yes, thank you, it is going to be hard finding a new partner who I would feel safe and comfortable enough with to open up with about my diaper needs. I am happy for you that you and your wife are over that hurcdle. I agree completely with preferring to use tabbed diapers over pull-ups. I only needed to try a couple of packs of pull-ups to know they do not work very well on me, as compared to the open brief styled adult diapers associated with those of us who prefer/need a maximum absorbency diaper. Stay lucky!

Reactions: Rita, HalMidLife and Andrewgdfw

TheBob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hello and welcome.

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Kellycares said:
Yes, thank you, it is going to be hard finding a new partner who I would feel safe and comfortable enough with to open up with about my diaper needs. I am happy for you that you and your wife are over that hurcdle. I agree completely with preferring to use tabbed diapers over pull-ups. I only needed to try a couple of packs of pull-ups to know they do not work very well on me, as compared to the open brief styled adult diapers associated with those of us who prefer/need a maximum absorbency diaper. Stay lucky!
When I first tried the high quality, maximum absorbency diapers, like Confidry, Betterdry, Incontrol, etc., I was definitely surprised by how bulky they were, and I found them a bit hard to wear at first because they felt like pillows, but it only took a few times of feeling 100% dry and protected after a sizeable leak to know I never wanted to go back to a thinner, less absorbent product.

Lumos

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hello and welcome aboard, fellow Canadian! Eastern Ontario here 👋