Leveraging your diaper knowledge in the real world

TheMat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
A scenario I've been imagining is being in a situation where my extensive practical diaper knowledge would come in handy in the real world. For example, if a parent or loved one were in an accident, or just from old age, became bedridden and incontinent and I was going to be helping with care along with others. As we would be discussing options someone would probably say something like, "well guess we'll have to get Depends now" and I could speak up and say something like "actually Northshore has some much better options.." but then everyone would wonder how I came to possess such knowledge.

What would you do? Would you risk exposing yourself and offer valuable insight into the adult diapers market? Or keep quiet and let your loved one suffer on with terrible incontinence products so you can keep your ABDL secret?

Reactions: 12srepaid and RedPandaDL
Well the reason why you posses such knowledge isn't really their business, you're trying to help, you could say you have a friend who has a similar problem and has confided in you, or maybe if you're distant enough from said person you can say you did consulting for a short period of time in a field related to it, or you've seen commercials or something. If you're trying to help they shouldn't question it, plus there's nothing wrong with knowing stuff.

Reactions: babybobby
My aunt is incontinent. She gets the typical terrible pull-ups from the program she's in. Seeing that my mom knows I wear diapers, I've told her the good stuff is on the Internet. But I haven't said anything to my aunt.

This is a great discussion and I believe that ...

1) There is terrible awareness surrounding what diapers are like today and what the options are beyond depends
2) People are too embarrassed, shameful, and reject the idea of wearing a diaper when they are not IC
3) People believe that adult diapers just get wet and soggy after you wet yourself

Adults would prefer to leak or flood in their underwear rather than wear a diaper.

1)
Lack of bathrooms for Seattle bus drivers is causing them to resort to extreme measures like "potty dances" while driving and urine-soaked driver seats. Maintenance crews actually replace about 60 urine-soaked driver seats a year, reports Crosscut.

2)
My mother in law spent a few years as a taxi driver, she also has some sudden urges and she's expressed it's stressful trying to find a washroom, she mentioned to her daughter (my wife) that she considered wearing adult diapers; if you know my current situation you know my wife scolder her saying diapers are disgusting, I felt bad for my mother in law.

3)
I recently posted in a separate thread on ADISC that my work has just released a new product for the field technicians to order as part of their stock, no cost to the tech. Peeing is a serious issue whether you are IC or NOT! It's become such a concern for the fleet of technicians that the company had to do something and offer this for free to the techs. https://briefrelief.com/

I could go on and on and on and on about different situations.

Rearz and all ABDL diaper companies do a TERRIBLE job at advertising and bringing awareness. TYKABLES IS DIFFERENT TODD DOES AN AMAZING JOB. How is it that I was so unaware of ABDL and ABDL diapers for so long? I randomly stumbled upon Rearz and that opened my eyes.

The point I am trying to make is that most of the non IC population would rather piss themselves or rush to a washroom than wear this...

depend-underwear-for-men-maximum-p.jpg

Now, if people were aware of this then I believe more people would start opening up to the idea. People do not realize that ABDL diapers are reliable and keep you dry, you aren't sitting in a soggy wet pee bag, it's dry!

maxresdefault.jpg

To answer your question, I have twice told people about Rearz Rebel and how Depends are so 90s, get with the times; risking exposing myself.

Reactions: theancientmariner and TheMat
You could wait a day or two, then come back and say you "researched the topic on the Internet". I do this with my parents all the time concerning anything from local recycling changes to replacing the hinges on their kitchen cabinets.

Reactions: Jinks and HollyDragon
I have outright said, "These suck. I have way better ones at home. Want some?" Universally, the people said no but *shrug* at least I offered.

Reactions: TheMat
perlFerret said:
I have outright said, "These suck. I have way better ones at home. Want some?" Universally, the people said no but *shrug* at least I offered.
I'm really curious what the setting was where you made these offers.

TheMat said:
I'm really curious what the setting was where you made these offers.
My mom breaking her hip and borrowing my grandmother's cheap drugstore pull-ups.

perlFerret said:
My mom breaking her hip and borrowing my grandmother's cheap drugstore pull-ups.
Did she already know about your AB/DL side?

Last edited:
My wife’s grandmother is needing to use pull-ups now due to incontinence issues and some falls when trying to get up to use the bathroom on her own. Of course they are just getting the Depends from the store. My wife knows I wear and knows there are better options out there. In fact she used some of the better options after our son was born. I told her I’d leave it up to her if she wanted to make some suggestions to her mom and 2 aunts. I’m not getting involved in that circus.

Been there done that. When my Mom was dealing with it. I told her that she should at least look into buying supplies online. She never did but I was never afraid to bring up anything around her. Going to miss that along with many other things about her.

I have only been wearing about 6 months, but i already feel like a diaper expert with everything I have read in here. I have a 14 year old special needs daughter and didn’t know much at all before starting to wear myself. She actually has decent diapers, Molicare Extra Plus with a booster. Since Medicaid pays for them, we don’t have a lot of options. I find myself tapping them differently now. I am sure my new found knowledge will come in handy.

Reactions: Wearing247, HollyDragon and TheMat
AAO said:
I told her I’d leave it up to her if she wanted to make some suggestions to her mom and 2 aunts. I’m not getting involved in that circus.
Smart man! 🤣😂🙃

Years ago, I was often wearing the (then) goodnites. My wife knew all about them and was a special ed teacher. They were working on toilet training an older boy in the class and the mother sent in Goodnites. The other teacher is saying "these look real small." My wife knows they'll fit me so she's stretching on one and saying, "Well, they seem real stretchy."

neophyte said:
Lack of bathrooms for Seattle bus drivers is causing them to resort to extreme measures like "potty dances" while driving and urine-soaked driver seats. Maintenance crews actually replace about 60 urine-soaked driver seats a year, reports Crosscut.
Isn't ABU based in Seattle?

neophyte said:
This is a great discussion and I believe that ...

1) There is terrible awareness surrounding what diapers are like today and what the options are beyond depends
2) People are too embarrassed, shameful, and reject the idea of wearing a diaper when they are not IC
3) People believe that adult diapers just get wet and soggy after you wet yourself

Adults would prefer to leak or flood in their underwear rather than wear a diaper.

1)

2)
My mother in law spent a few years as a taxi driver, she also has some sudden urges and she's expressed it's stressful trying to find a washroom, she mentioned to her daughter (my wife) that she considered wearing adult diapers; if you know my current situation you know my wife scolder her saying diapers are disgusting, I felt bad for my mother in law.

3)
I recently posted in a separate thread on ADISC that my work has just released a new product for the field technicians to order as part of their stock, no cost to the tech. Peeing is a serious issue whether you are IC or NOT! It's become such a concern for the fleet of technicians that the company had to do something and offer this for free to the techs. https://briefrelief.com/

I could go on and on and on and on about different situations.

Rearz and all ABDL diaper companies do a TERRIBLE job at advertising and bringing awareness. TYKABLES IS DIFFERENT TODD DOES AN AMAZING JOB. How is it that I was so unaware of ABDL and ABDL diapers for so long? I randomly stumbled upon Rearz and that opened my eyes.

The point I am trying to make is that most of the non IC population would rather piss themselves or rush to a washroom than wear this...

View attachment 35626

Now, if people were aware of this then I believe more people would start opening up to the idea. People do not realize that ABDL diapers are reliable and keep you dry, you aren't sitting in a soggy wet pee bag, it's dry!

View attachment 35627

To answer your question, I have twice told people about Rearz Rebel and how Depends are so 90s, get with the times; risking exposing myself.

I like diapers a lot more than the next guy but I don't think that we're going to be winning hearts and minds anytime soon for casual adult wetting and messing. The Seattle story is less a diaper opportunity than a wake-up call about a lack of public facilities.

SorcerorElf said:
Isn't ABU based in Seattle?
The Seattle area. You wouldn't want to try to drive it in bad traffic if you needed to go and didn't have a diaper.

One time a few months ago there was a question on The Chase, the U.K. version. They asked ‘what organ is on the Pampers logo?’ And straight away I said heart. That came from my diaper knowledge.

Selfishly wearing diapers has been extremely convenient in certain situations. I can drive half way across the country in a single day and change maybe once. I can change anywhere in my car, don't have to worry about public restroom nor interact with anybody when I'm goal oriented to get to my destination.

On days off, I drink a full bottle of water immediately after I wake up and then commence doing errands/fun stuff outside the house all day. When diapered, I don't have to worry about coming back to the house or using a nasty public bathroom somewhere, and I can totally focus on and enjoy whatever activities I am doing.

In short, diapers are very practical and there are limitless ways to use them.

My wife's mom wears diapers because she has MS and doesn't always have control. I don't know which brand because we never talk about it. It's like a private thing everybody knows but just doesn't talk about it. Maybe someday depending on the mood and if I have enough courage, I might just ask her if I can have a diaper for the drive home! We live about 250 km apart from each other. I bet she would laugh and say really you want one and bet she would give me one!

Back