Levels of acceptance after the big reveal.

What was your intimate partner’s response after your ABDL reveal?

• Totally on board including full on participation

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Positive and kind but distinct boundaries

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Positive but only in you’re own company

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Neutral. It’s like the conversation never happened

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Negative. Not happy but loves you no less

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Negative. It’s a third rail issue. Go there at your own risk

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Negative. Played a part in ending the relationship

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There appears to be a strong increase in our membership coming out to intimate partners. I’m hoping a poll can drill down into how the outcomes have played out.
By intimate partners, let’s categorize them as spouses, partners, dating relationships, and heck, even just friends with benefits. I’m going with 3 levels on each side of the spectrum and one that’s totally neutral. Let’s see what the numbers bare and have some fun, even if it’s at our own expense. If you’ve had more than one experience, you can vote for a few choices. Feel free to elaborate!
My apologies if this has already been done.

Reactions: warmfeeling

KindaOlde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I hope to come out to my wife one day. I just don't think that's gonna go well. Actually, it scares the crap outta me!!!

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
not applicable I am not ABDL

Reactions: parcelboy2 and warmfeeling

jessicalondon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm not in a relationship, but I have decided that if that ever seems likely, I am going to lay some groundwork so that I don't have to hide this important and pleasurable part of my daily life.
I did have a housemate from 2005 -2010, and during that time, I just didn't wear diapers. I never even thought about telling her, and I can't imagine how I would have ever told her.
Now I can't imagine not being free to be in a diaper all the time.
My idea now is that I would make sure we talked about kinks or unusual important interests and see how things unfold from there. If I sensed the person was not open, then I would know not to go farther. Of course, that's theory; reality might be way different.

Reactions: lilstevie56, Donfidaze, Highlander and 1 other person

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
KindaOlde said:
I hope to come out to my wife one day. I just don't think that's gonna go well. Actually, it scares the crap outta me!!!
I thought the same, I was shitting myself. Been married for 30 years, but one Saturday night, about 3 months ago, after a bottle of red between us, I just new it was the time, she was shocked, but ok, then it set in , a week of thinking about it, I thought I’d f*¥€d up 30 years. But my lovely wife said I’m not harming anyone or doing anything wrong. She’s been fine. I don’t wear as much as I’d like, but I’m happy knowing i can wear in front of here, albeit discreetly I thought I’d take my kink to the grave. You’ve got to do it. I feel like I’ve had a ton weight lifted from my shoulders, I can buy nappies, have them delivered, wear them, and she knows, it’s fantastic. Good luck pal👍🏻

Reactions: NappyHappy, Forced, Donfidaze and 2 others

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
jessicalondon said:
I'm not in a relationship, but I have decided that if that ever seems likely, I am going to lay some groundwork so that I don't have to hide this important and pleasurable part of my daily life.
I did have a housemate from 2005 -2010, and during that time, I just didn't wear diapers. I never even thought about telling her, and I can't imagine how I would have ever told her.
Now I can't imagine not being free to be in a diaper all the time.
My idea now is that I would make sure we talked about kinks or unusual important interests and see how things unfold from there. If I sensed the person was not open, then I would know not to go farther. Of course, that's theory; reality might be way different.
It’s very hard, most people think that our kink is gross, it’s such a shame

Reactions: jessicalondon

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
KindaOlde said:
Nor am I . Just a DL.
I’m kinda old too, but love being in a nappy

Reactions: KindaOlde

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
KindaOlde said:
Nor am I . Just a DL.
You can message me bud, if you like, be good to talk 👍🏻

Reactions: KindaOlde

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I’ve come out to 3 long term partners, all positive results, all three became caretakers, controlling my nappy wearing.
Should I ever split with my current GF then I would/could never be with a new partner who didn’t either understand or participate.

Reactions: jessicalondon, Subtlerustle, warmfeeling and 2 others

BlameBaby

✝️"River Valley Ages - Everything U do"✝️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Forced said:
I’ve come out to 3 long term partners, all positive results, all three became caretakers, controlling my nappy wearing.
Should I ever split with my current GF then I would/could never be with a new partner who didn’t either understand or participate.
3rd to the last word you said understandable :)

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
32 votes cast in less than one day. Let’s keep it going. My vote was for number two. My wife is kind and understanding but not interested in participating beyond wearing freely around her. It was an evolutionary process given I first explained my DL in a ham handed manner. Being a child of the late 60’s the internet came in my late twenties so I was a few decades late to understanding ABDL myself. It always was shrouded in shame as a youth. I thought I was the only one that took pleasure and comfort in wearing a diaper. Timing is everything.

Reactions: jessicalondon

BobaFettish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
When I first "came out of the nursery" to someone it was my partner at the time and eventually my wife.
About two months into our relationship I asked her where was the deepest darkest dirtiest place she went in her mind when she was on the edge of climaxing to push her over that edge. She told me she fantasized about threesomes. I'm like okay let's do it, let's make it happen. Then she turned the question on me. I told her that I trusted her, and told her about wearing diapers and such. The next day she was right next to me in line at a drugstore buying Attends (I'm that old). We explored a lot. In fact it was her idea for me to mess my diaper and her change it.
I've had eight Bigs over the years. Five of them were Vanillas I converted and three have been from the community.
With the five Vanillas I flipped, I more or less used the same gambit. It's got me into some fun stuff. I think being excited to be a part and help make their fantasies come true, makes them more open to being reciprocal.