letters fading off the keyboards xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Role
  1. Private
because I often code a lot, and use my computer pretty much 10+ hours per day literally, I have the problem where the keys start to "ghost"

Does anyone else ever get the same problems? usually it's always the S key, maybe it's because I'm using too many strings (programmer joke right there)

But seriously, is there anything I can avoid this? happens with ever keyboard to the point that most of the letters are gone, not that much of a deal because I don't really need the letters as I can type and have the keyboard mapped in my memory.

My WPM is roughly 80-90 WPMs which isn't too bad. still kind of slow imo.

That being said, anyone else have the same problems, and is there a solution to this, other than getting a all black key keyboard.

My current keyboard is a microsoft wireless keyboard, I personally LOVE Microsoft keyboards, but I've had this issue with some lower end Logitech keyboards.

I don't know if it's because it's a cheap keyboard and mouse set, I haven't had a top end keyboard and mouse, and microsoft keyboards are personally my favourite. (well designed imo) and nice to use on a regular basis.

MarchinBunny

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
Almost all my letters on my Hello Kitty keyboard are gone. Truthfully, I think it's more dependent on the keyboard itself. Some are just cheaply made and the symbols will eventually fade.
For example, the keyboard i'm currently using is pretty dang old and none of the letters are fading at all and i'm on it pretty much all day everyday typing, and playing games.

kapi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
A decent keyboard will last for years. If you do a lot of writing on your computer I would suggest getting something more reliable in a size you like.

Something along the lines of the Das, or smaller things. If you do, doubleshot (mostly ABS) or dye-sublimated PBT is preferable for keycaps.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
This always happens to my laptops... often starts within a few months! Usually the A, S, and D keys. Luckily, I think my desktop's keyboard is immune to this problem... or at least it's been a year, and all the keys look fine so far.

Crinklebuttt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Gaming a lot will fade everything, there is a permanent hand print on my one laptop from world of warcrafting too much.

M

Maxx

My workstation is in a dark corner of the basement. I couldn't see the characters on the keyboard right now if I wanted to. Master touch typing and it ceases to become an issue.

Not sure what keyboard I have ATM. More than likely it's one I got at Microcenter for < $5.

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
You can get a lighted keyboard on e-bay for about $20-$25. They allow you to use your computer in the dark; most have 3 different colors that you can have for the keys--red, blue and violet--you can change the color with one keystroke anytime you want. The character part of the key is transparent and the color comes up from underneath the keys. Most come with the rectangular plug that fits the back of your computer.

M

Maxx

You can get a lighted keyboard on e-bay for about $20-$25. They allow you to use your computer in the dark; most have 3 different colors that you can have for the keys--red, blue and violet--you can change the color with one keystroke anytime you want. The character part of the key is transparent and the color comes up from underneath the keys. Most come with the rectangular plug that fits the back of your computer.

I think lighted keyboards are awesome, even though I don't really need it. I would get one because they look cool if I found one cheap enough.

Tetra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I solved the issue entirely my mac comes with a wireless keyboard that by the time the keys start wearing ,the rechargeable batteries in it explode and the whole thing goes in the garbage, with a handy replacement being about 90 bucks .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

M

Maxx

i solved the issue entirely my mac comes with a wireless keyboard that by the time the keys start wearing ,the rechargeable batteries in it explode and the whole thing goes in the garbage, with a handy replacement being about 90 bucks .

lol.

Chinababy888

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Private
That's actually quite a common problem with keyboards, I used to work in a office as a junior administrator for 18 months in a company in Hong Kong and the keyboards used to get used alot so they faded over time and it wasn't exactly cheap to replace so much so Tha the company often had to replace them with second hand keyboards salvaged from earlier computers sourced from verious locations including donations from schools.

If you have a permanent marker that is fine/thin enough you could re-stencil the lettering by yourself although it takes time to do this as you need to let the ink dry which for a whole keyboard can take up to half a day.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

kapi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, it's just a case of getting what you paid for, really.

ABS doubleshot will get shiny, but it's not humanly possible to wear off their print. PBT dye-sub will get shiny a lot slower and you'll never make a dent in its lettering.

Plus if your board relies on springs instead of membranes it will still be pretty much the same 20 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.