Lets talk sports!

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So to bring back a version of one of the old groups.

Lets talk about sports.

I have by fingers crossed (yet again) for the Cleveland Indians.

But what is up with the Seattle Mariners?

Can they actually keep this up and actually make it to the playoffs?

Egor

Redsox Nation!!! 😎

egor said:
But what is up with the Seattle Mariners?

Can they actually keep this up and actually make it to the playoffs?

Egor

Hahahahahaha! No...not likely. I've gotta confess I lost interest in baseball a long time ago. It all died off when The Kid left Seattle. It was such a heartbreak to see him leave and the teams have just never really interested me after that. And with the migration of the 'Sonics I've only one team left to root for and the 'Hawk's have taken all of my attention in sports. Hell, I even lost my favorite driver in NASCAR.

All of my teams have left or fizzled. I was tired of the disappointment of the Mariners and found the sport to become increasingly boring. I haven't watched a game in YEARS. At the same time, the 'Hawks have been on a crazy journey of evolution with the end of the Knox era and bringing in Homgren, the eventual switch to the NFC, our first Super Bowl trip, the Carrol era, the Wilson era, and a return to the Super Bowl with a victory too! The loss of all my other teams, growing lack of interest in baseball, and that crazy journey of the 'Hawks for the last 30 years is the reason that I only follow one sport anymore. Which is a shame, but man, I DO love the fall!

I've really been trying to get back into NASCAR, but I HATE that my driver is gone and things have just changed so dang much since I last watched. I tried watching baseball again, but it's still just boring as heck for me anymore. I'm not sure why, but when The Kid left the Mariners really lost a connection to the city and region. I know a lot of people still love them, but for me...I'm indifferent.

I sort of agree.

I just watch the Baseball stats to see what is going on. I do like to have a baseball game on the radio when I am outside, but that is the equivalent to Mozart on the inside. Its just back ground noise.

The only other one I am half way interested in is Pac 12 football . Other then that don't really care. However I have been watching the blazers stats this year and that is far as I would go.

I like listening to our "local" sports radio. I listened to them non-stop when I lived up north, but I still listen to them now thanks to the internet. I don't know if you've listened to them, for us its 710AM ESPN. Try finding them online and listening to them. They'll broadcast all the local games (there is something great about listening to a game) and they cover all the local sports interests. Brock Huard and Dave Wyman are a couple of the hosts too, if you remember who they were (Huskies and 'Hawks). They also break down their segments into "podcasts" so you can listen to any of the programs (if you like a specific one) from a while back all the way to present. They make sitting at a computer all day much more pleasant.

Last edited:
Llayden said:
I like listening to our "local" sports radio. I listened to them non-stop when I lived up north, but I still listen to them now thanks to the internet. I don't know if you've listened to them, for us its 710AM ESPN. Try finding them online and listening to them. They'll broadcast all the local games (there is something great about listening to a game) and they cover all the local sports interests. Brock Huard and Dave Wyman are a couple of the hosts too, if you remember who they were (Huskies and 'Hawks). They also break down their segments into "podcasts" so you can listen to any of the programs (if you like a specific one) from a while back all the way to present. They make sitting at a computer all day much more pleasant.

Yes they carry the Mariners and UofO baseball. I have had them on a few times but I also listen to 620 the fan that carry Hops and OSU baseball.

Baseball is exciting in the minor leagues. We have an A plus league here in Lynchburg. It's fun to go to a small game where you can actually find parking and the prices are cheap. The food and the beer is good and it feels great to sit outside on a warm summer night and watch the guys swing the bats. That's what baseball was always meant to be.

dogboy said:
Baseball is exciting in the minor leagues. We have an A plus league here in Lynchburg. It's fun to go to a small game where you can actually find parking and the prices are cheap. The food and the beer is good and it feels great to sit outside on a warm summer night and watch the guys swing the bats. That's what baseball was always meant to be.
The closest minor league club here, the Gateway Grizzlies, only charge 5 bucks for a lawn seat. Those rightcenter to rightfield seats are on a hill about 320-340 feet from home plate, and the wall is maybe 4 feet high. So there's approximately a 105% chance every game of a lefty hitter parking a homer out there. (And unless both right fielders are really quick, there's also about a 75% chance of at least a ground rule double bouncing over the wall)😎😆

I'm a New Englanda so it's Pats, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins! I watch the Pats every game but follow the scores of the others until playoffs. Celtics are looking good now. Waiting for tonight's game 7 of Bruins vs Maple Leafs! Should be a awesome game! 😊

PapaBear001 said:
I'm a New Englanda so it's Pats, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins! I watch the Pats every game but follow the scores of the others until playoffs. Celtics are looking good now. Waiting for tonight's game 7 of Bruins vs Maple Leafs! Should be a awesome game! 😊

My daughter-in-law is a Bruins fan and her son, my grandson is a Maple Leaf fan. Oh...it's fun at their house right about now!

• Haha
Reactions: PapaBear001
dogboy said:
My daughter-in-law is a Bruins fan and her son, my grandson is a Maple Leaf fan. Oh...it's fun at their house right about now!
Cool! As long as they are not Yankies fans! 😎

PapaBear001 said:
Cool! As long as they are not Yankies fans! 😎

Haha...no. I'm the only Yankee fan in the entire family and that's because I grew up on the Jersey Shore. I was a little kid in the age Mantle, Maris, etc. The Yankee lure was too strong to resist!

• Wow
Reactions: PapaBear001
dogboy said:
Haha...no. I'm the only Yankee fan in the entire family and that's because I grew up on the Jersey Shore. I was a little kid in the age Mantle, Maris, etc. The Yankee lure was too strong to resist!
You could have supported the New Jersey Mets! I suppose I can accept a Yankies fan as a friend. 😋

PapaBear001 said:
You could have supported the New Jersey Mets! I suppose I can accept a Yankies fan as a friend. 😋

I don't think there were any Mets when I was a kid, but yeah, I could support them now.....sigh.

Baseball... ptewey. Red Wings and hockey is a real fighting sport. Made mostly fake now though, and not worth watching any more than "professional" wrestling. ptewey.

Being in Columbus I’m loving the blue jackets run in the playoffs. Big Buckeye fan and I’m always pulling for the Cincinnati Reds!! Anyone else a hockey fan?

Ehorton said:
Being in Columbus I’m loving the blue jackets run in the playoffs. Big Buckeye fan and I’m always pulling for the Cincinnati Reds!! Anyone else a hockey fan?
Boo CBJ! 😋

PapaBear001 said:
Hey now. Lol. Love my jackets!! The cannon is awesome!! Are you a bruins fan?

Yes! Bruins, Celtics, Pats, and Red Sox Nation! Bruins and CBJ are having an exciting series. Can't wait for the next game. I believe it is tonight.

I’m really excited 😜. CBJ, CBJ!! Do you live in the New England area??

Back