• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

lego Coputer tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, it could be cool.. until you bump it and it collapses all over your hardware. If you could find a good way to make it solid enough, it could work. It might be tricky getting the airflow right, though.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
True, But Adding fans would be easy.

The support thing is what is hindering the design.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Did some digging and here is what I found,

So I would say that it is possible!!

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
All of them are metal except the last one, and it isn't plugged in.

I'd say it would be really cool, but you'll probably have to find some special metal Legos. I'd bet they're selling those now...

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I made a really cool lego computer tower about 9 years ago(by my own standards, it was quite lame compared to the ones mike has posted). It was a PII, and I didn't have enough of one colour, so it was an unorganized rainbow!

Problems I came across:
  • Heat...I chose the PII because it gave off little heat, but some of the CPU's from the time (certain AMD Athlon's) would have just melted the lego pieces if they weren't positioned right.
  • Case is no longer grounded metal. This is both a problem with accidental ESD shock to a component (bad for me, cause I had a habit of working on systems live :p). Also, it didn't shield any of the RF interference from the computer, so I lost some lower channel clarity on my TV...
  • Lego comes apart easily. This is the obvious one.

Airflow is easy, just remember the golden rule: air comes in one end, and goes out the other, usually close to the hottest component (ie: in the front and out the back).

Gawd, I wish I took pics of it :(

Chris H

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
use legos and heat resistant glue. There are long flat pieces that you can use for the top and bottom. It'd be hard to make the spaces to hold all the hardware and the mobo and stuff, but you could make the outer casing.

2low

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
i made these
NO GLue Were Used " Simple Knex '' toy Peices ,
However it could of been grounded
Fun challenge , and having the power switch mounted to work

Here is another one ,

Okay so maybe i exagerated and made myself a beer holder

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Those first ones are pretty ugly and bland...Those K-Nex ones look a bit more eye catching

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Since 1963, Lego pieces have been manufactured from a strong, resilient plastic known as acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS).
manufactured from a strong, resilient plastic
plastic
No. Lego is plastic. Stop talking shit.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Given the presence of unquestionable evidence on my part; I've only to deduce that you're trolling.
Post reported.
Have a nice day.
*Sighs*

He meant that the ones that are metal have the metal inner case of most desktops inside the lego shell that seruonds them.

And would people find out WHAT A FUCKING TROLL IS before accusing people of being one.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
*Sighs*

He meant that the ones that are metal have the metal inner case of most desktops inside the lego shell that seruonds them.

And would people find out WHAT A FUCKING TROLL IS before accusing people of being one.
Lol, lern2read

All of them are metal except the last one, and it isn't plugged in.

I'd say it would be really cool, but you'll probably have to find some special metal Legos.
Special metal legos. Lol. No such thing.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Lol, lern2read

Special metal legos. Lol. No such thing.
>_> You did not address that part you addressed the first half of the post.

And No their are not metal lego's you are right on that part. But you were addressing the Part of the post that was addressed at the fact that the lego towers had metal computer towers in them, and the legos were
put around them.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Nowhere did Point Blanc say that. He said, and I quote, "All of them are metal except the last one". To which I responded that all Lego Blocks are plastic. His response was a shameful one word reply that represented only to troll.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Point Did I hit the nail on the head or was I wrong? Because I doubted that you ment that all the legos were metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.