Legalizing Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Of course they should be illegal. There are several natural herbs like gingko biloba which are supposed to be like "smart drugs", that promote blood flow to the brain and have other effects (don't know all that much about it to tell the truth). I wouldn't mind trying some of those actually. God knows, I need it rofl

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i just thought that if they were either decriminalized/legal than the positives would be:

lack of funds going into the black market

a known, government oversighted, exact dosage (rather than is this mdma... JUST mdma?? wait... what is in this??)

a pardon/release for all non-violent drug possession charges (and certain conditions on sales; like in the case of needing to provide for family, etc.)

and lessen the grip on heavy handed pharmaceuticals that like to make overpriced and more dangerous analogues of illegal drugs.

now the cons ARE apparent, i won't play neive on that point. there is the possiblity that people just go ape wild after these things are legalized, but you could look at it in this light: did people go out boozing constantly day after day when the 1920's prohibition era ended?
and also, what problems HAS the 'war' on drugs actually solved? (i've got $5 riding on this if anyone can answer that one)

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Actually it has been testet that if you legalize a drug new people wont start taking it just for the heck of it. sure maybe some people but not many, all it will do is making it legal so the users wont suffer any charges or go to jail for holding a spliff. So you wont have to worry about a city filled with drug users.

wmwy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I grew up as a flower child. Legalize them all BUT DONT WASTE MY TAX DOLLARS ON REHAB PROGRAMS, If your stupid enough use them inappropriately and get hurt or hurt others, then you and your loved ones should pay the costs emergency room etc. not even your insurance should pay. Also if you break the law while using then it should be a class X felony minimum of 6 years prison with out pleading it down to a lesser charge. Only then it might be considered a recreational drug and used at home or other safe place.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
To be honest, I'm sick of seeing all these threads on legalization. No offense, Kite, but I'm just bored from seeing them.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i know how you feel Russian, but from what i could tell there wasn't any debate on this board about this yet so i'd figure i would bring it up. so many people can argue their points, but to what difference is it going to make anyways?

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
what are your people's takes on drugs? should they be allowed?
an interesting thing i read in a medical journal was the up and coming of 'smart' drugs or the ability to study and retain all information you read or came in contact to while you were 'peaking'. should those be considered illegal like steroids being used for athletes since they would give the layman a leg up on the natural learner?
also, do you think the legalization of all drugs would destroy the black market (gangs, corrupt governments, etc.)? would the world be better with more lax rules towards the "drug war" we've been fighting?
Absolutely not. Drugs are horrible and they kill the brain. And yes, I believe they should. Because they are almost like steroids for intellectuals. Yes, the black market would take a big hit if drugs were legalized, because they'd have a lot less selling material. No, the world would be a much worse place because we'd have potheads and cocaine addicts running around all over the place.

Ren

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I frankly don't care if they are legalized or not. Legalized or not it's a person's decision to use them or not. Because even if they are illegal people are still getting them anyways...

I don't like drugs at all, by the way.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I don't think drugs should be legalized at all...they're horrible. Marijuana isn't that bad but still should be illegal. From what I heard it is as harmful as 3 cigarettes, yet on the other hand I heard that it's an herb so its fine. So it confuses me. But I still think drugs should be illegal.
Marijuana does have more tar in it's smoke than ciggarettes do. Except that does not make it more dangerous than ciggarettes. Ciggarettes have 69 carcinogens (chemicals that cause cancer) and marijuana....well....it just has one, but also has chemicals in it to promote cell deteriation to help prevent cancer.

Don't let the government and society fool you like they have been doing.

There might be some exceptions, some drugs might be illegal that shouldn't be. Personally I'd like to see an unbiased, in depth study on marijuana's affect on people's health and on society, and then we should just act on whatever the study recommends. But that will never happen.
Personally I like the legality of it in the UK, it's illegal, but it's not a major concern. You're only going to get into trouble for using it if you are a complete idiot with it.

Smoking and driving: I don't understand this. I don't understand drinking and driving.
I could never be so drunk/high that I would actually consider driving.
It's like seeing adverts on TV warning you to stop at level crossings (train tracks) when the lights flash... who the hell doesn't stop?! Do guns come with a warning label: "do not shoot yourself with this gun"? I would have thought some things were obvious.
Actually you are wrong about the study, there has plenty of recent studys that point to no major concerns of marijauana, but the government ignores them to keep them away from the public as much as possible to keep them from learning the truth. So this is not just for you Charlie, but for everyone here who beleives marijauana is bad to use. I once heard...."The legal side effects of smoking marijauana are more harmful than the drug itself to the user." This is so true, but I do not remember who said it. Check this link out...
Minimal Long-term Effects Of Marijuana Use Found In Central Nervous System By UCSD Researchers

These are all the areas that were used in this study of marijauana...
"The neurocognitive performance measurements included simple reaction time, attention, verbal/language, abstraction/executive functioning, perceptual/motor skills, motor skills, learning and forgetting. "
In the conclusion of the study marijauana was found to have no effect in any of those areas in short or long term use, except learning and forgetting. Which were also effect minimally to the point it did NOT keep a person from functioning. So as you can see you CAN drive a car while high on marijauana too, without it impair your motor function. I know, because I am a pure exmaple of that....I have smoked marijuana even before I got my drivers liscense at 16 and I have driven high litterally THOUSANDS of times in the past 7 years of driving, and NEVER ONCE had a car accident while high on marijuana. In dogboy's story, well of course you can have a crash on marijauna but it is not caused by lack of motor skills, it is caused by a lack of paying attention to the road cause your goofing off and having a good time, which will lead you to crash. So as you can see the government has yet again succesfully brain washed a lot of you.

I am AGAINST driving while drunk because that has been proven to impair motor skills.

No, the world would be a much worse place because we'd have potheads and cocaine addicts running around all over the place.
Government has fooled you good too. Who ever said legalize cocaine in the first place? Even if there was a lot of pot heads....so what? The world would be a better place. Some very great people smoked marijuana like....

Robert Altman, Jennifer Aniston, Louis Armstrong, Jack Black, Michael Bloomberg (NY City Mayor), Tom Brokaw, James Brown, Johnny Cash, Tommy Chong, Winston Churchill, Bill Clinton, Bob Dylan, Harrison Ford, Al Gore, Whitney Houston, Thomas Jefferson, John F Kennedy, John Lennon, Bill Mahr, Bob Marely, Bill Muary, Willie Nelson, Jack Nicholson, Brad Pitt, Kurt Cobain, William Shakespear, and even the great Goerge Washington. And sooo soooo sooo many more.

As you can see those are all people that have done great things, whether it is creating a country, running a county, running a city, or simply entertaining people with their talents making it a better world. So it is not bad to be a pot head as you can see from these several examples. In fact I believe marijuana helped inspire all of them, and surely did not inhibit their ability to do anything.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
dude! you totaly forgot Hunter S Thompson and Tommy Chong on that list!

Well Maverick as I said, making it legal wont make everyone start to use it, if it was legal would you then start to use it just because its legal? I mean cigarettes,tobacco and the dangerous Alcohol is legal but im not a drunk and I dont even smoke! only occasionally a hookah with my friends every now and then. Strange huh? it is legal but I dont use those things, Whats up with that!?!?

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Whats up with that!?!?
Cause those things suck as far as altering your mind. Except alcohol, which still sucks cause its extremely dangerous.

I am 100% positive if marijuana was legalized more people would smoke it than the amount of people who smoke it when its illegal. I have talked to several people who enjoy marijauana when they tried it before, but stay away from it simply because it is illegal and do not want to loose their good job which piss tests them.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
I personally hate drinking and tobacco but as for things like cannabis I fully support legalization. I have seen peoples live go to shit from smoking bud but myself and my two closest friends are going to great colleges. I even got quite a few scholarships and I have smoked bud the whole time. I have a really bad problem with stress and anxiety and before I started I was having weekly anxiety attacks. So in my case regardless of the legality I choose bud. Plus I use a vaporizer with a mineral heating system and that is supposed to be very healthy compared to smoking it. I am in the best shape of my life right now as well. So I am getting along pretty well and none of it would be possible without the bud.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I personally hate drinking and tobacco but as for things like cannabis I fully support legalization. I have seen peoples live go to shit from smoking bud but myself and my two closest friends are going to great colleges. I even got quite a few scholarships and I have smoked bud the whole time. I have a really bad problem with stress and anxiety and before I started I was having weekly anxiety attacks. So in my case regardless of the legality I choose bud. Plus I use a vaporizer with a mineral heating system and that is supposed to be very healthy compared to smoking it. I am in the best shape of my life right now as well. So I am getting along pretty well and none of it would be possible without the bud.
Haha, see people plenty of people who do well include our good friend dave here me, celebirties I mentioned early, plus many more. When you people see peoples life destroyed and their smoking marijauna, I can GARENTEE there is something else their doing because marijuana does not destroy lifes.

Ben kinda dry around here past couple months Dave, don't ya think?

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Personally, I smoke weed. Alot of weed. At the end of the day, there is no such thing as right or wrong, nor good or bad, only perspective.

Marijuana is a plant that was founded and has been used by people for religious/recreational/medical purposes for thousands of years. The only reason it's a "dangerous drug" now is because of the way we look at it. Yes, it contains more tar than cigarettes, which in turn is bad for your respiratory system. No, it does not cause cancer. One common misconception is that marijuana kills brain cells. Don't get me wrong, it does, but not all kinds. The only kind of brain cells that the active chemicals in marijuana kill are memory cells. Also, smoking marijuana does not impair motor skills. I've been on enough high rides to tell you that most people find themselves to be better drivers when baked. I think weed should be legal, not only because people who smoke it would be able to enjoy it without trouble with the law, but also because of this whole "go green" save the earth stuff that's going on now. Hemp is created from the Cannabis plant, and because all parts of the plant are illegal, so is hemp. Hemp can be used not only to make numerous things such as blankets, clothing, hats, etc. but it also can be used to make stationary. Seeing as how the average marijuana plant grows in under a year, and it is much easier to grow than an actual tree, think about the rainforests that could be saved.
There are legal drugs. It's call CVS, people. Whether you get it at CVS or down the road on the street corner, it's still a drug. Heroin in itself is an illegal drug, but the governement sells it in perscription form. It's called and Oxycontin. Generally most of the drugs that get into our society (even the illegal ones) go through either a chain of drug dealers leading back to smugglers, or leading back to the police, which eventually leads back to the government. Eccstacy is dangerous because it can be doped up, and nearly all ex has coke in it. The only kind that doesnt is Molly, which is pure MDMA, probably the safest form of ex that there is.
Acid can be good for you if it actually is LSD, and not filled with who knows else what. Although,too much of anything, from drugs to water, can be bad for you. Mushrooms, are simply food poisoning, because there are two main active ingredients in psychedellic mushrooms, psyclobin, and one other that I do not remember. It basically gives you food poisoning that gives you a trip. Although it can be dangerous, because there are so many mushroom strands, and so many look-alikes. One that looks like a tasy treat could make you feel the ground breathe, or could kill you, you need to properly identify it before consumption.

As for the legalization of all of these drugs.....well, i'm not completely sure, however I do believe that Marijuana should be legal for the numerous reasons stated above.

Oh, and concerning the "smart drugs", there is actually a nerve in your body that affects how well you take in information. Say you are studying for a test, and chewing strawberry trident or whatever, and then when you take the test, you chew strawberry trident, something in the nerve sparks that helps you retain information better. There's a theory that it works with most things, like music, and yes.....even mind-altering substances.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Personally, I smoke weed. Alot of weed. At the end of the day, there is no such thing as right or wrong, nor good or bad, only perspective.

Marijuana is a plant that was founded and has been used by people for religious/recreational/medical purposes for thousands of years. The only reason it's a "dangerous drug" now is because of the way we look at it. Yes, it contains more tar than cigarettes, which in turn is bad for your respiratory system. No, it does not cause cancer. One common misconception is that marijuana kills brain cells. Don't get me wrong, it does, but not all kinds. The only kind of brain cells that the active chemicals in marijuana kill are memory cells. Also, smoking marijuana does not impair motor skills. I've been on enough high rides to tell you that most people find themselves to be better drivers when baked. I think weed should be legal, not only because people who smoke it would be able to enjoy it without trouble with the law, but also because of this whole "go green" save the earth stuff that's going on now. Hemp is created from the Cannabis plant, and because all parts of the plant are illegal, so is hemp. Hemp can be used not only to make numerous things such as blankets, clothing, hats, etc. but it also can be used to make stationary. Seeing as how the average marijuana plant grows in under a year, and it is much easier to grow than an actual tree, think about the rainforests that could be saved.
There are legal drugs. It's call CVS, people. Whether you get it at CVS or down the road on the street corner, it's still a drug. Heroin in itself is an illegal drug, but the governement sells it in perscription form. It's called and Oxycontin. Generally most of the drugs that get into our society (even the illegal ones) go through either a chain of drug dealers leading back to smugglers, or leading back to the police, which eventually leads back to the government. Eccstacy is dangerous because it can be doped up, and nearly all ex has coke in it. The only kind that doesnt is Molly, which is pure MDMA, probably the safest form of ex that there is.
Acid can be good for you if it actually is LSD, and not filled with who knows else what. Although,too much of anything, from drugs to water, can be bad for you. Mushrooms, are simply food poisoning, because there are two main active ingredients in psychedellic mushrooms, psyclobin, and one other that I do not remember. It basically gives you food poisoning that gives you a trip. Although it can be dangerous, because there are so many mushroom strands, and so many look-alikes. One that looks like a tasy treat could make you feel the ground breathe, or could kill you, you need to properly identify it before consumption.

As for the legalization of all of these drugs.....well, i'm not completely sure, however I do believe that Marijuana should be legal for the numerous reasons stated above.

Oh, and concerning the "smart drugs", there is actually a nerve in your body that affects how well you take in information. Say you are studying for a test, and chewing strawberry trident or whatever, and then when you take the test, you chew strawberry trident, something in the nerve sparks that helps you retain information better. There's a theory that it works with most things, like music, and yes.....even mind-altering substances.

Heroin is a semi synthetic opioid and is much much stronger than any commercially available pill.

Oxycontin is a fully synthetic opioid and is no were near as strong as heroin

Just thought i would point that out as it is a commonly held myth.

Mushroom DO NOT give you food poisoning psilocybin is a psychoactive chemical. That causes the trip not poisoning.

F

FullMetal

I thought I would add this in

First I do not condone any drug use by anyone, but you can do what you want.

In anycase, I went to wildwood (a beach/place thing) for after prom to party with my class (it was CRAZYYYYYY) and I bought Salvia.

Ask me how it was?

Really sick... and not the bad sick :D

For a legal drug....AWESOME.

Oh,

don't do drugs :)

FullMetal

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
I thought I would add this in

First I do not condone any drug use by anyone, but you can do what you want.

In anycase, I went to wildwood (a beach/place thing) for after prom to party with my class (it was CRAZYYYYYY) and I bought Salvia.

Ask me how it was?

Really sick... and not the bad sick :D

For a legal drug....AWESOME.

Oh,

don't do drugs :)

FullMetal
I take it you didn't brake through if all you have to say about it is it was awsome.(could be wrong though)

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Salvia is mad cool for fifteen seconds. And diaper4lyfe, of course illegal street dope is alot stronger than Oxycontin, but that doesnt mean its not synthetic government produced heroin.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Salvia is mad cool for fifteen seconds. And diaper4lyfe, of course illegal street dope is alot stronger than Oxycontin, but that doesnt mean its not synthetic government produced heroin.
They are both opioid but are completely different.(did you even look at the molecular structures i posted?)

Diamorphine on the other hand is government heroin it is the same thing except of a higher quality than street drugs.(also isn't legal to prescribe in the us if i remember right)

Plus if your going to compare commercial pills to heroin there are much stronger ones that are commercially available.

Status
Not open for further replies.