Legalizing Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
what are your people's takes on drugs? should they be allowed?
an interesting thing i read in a medical journal was the up and coming of 'smart' drugs or the ability to study and retain all information you read or came in contact to while you were 'peaking'. should those be considered illegal like steroids being used for athletes since they would give the layman a leg up on the natural learner?
also, do you think the legalization of all drugs would destroy the black market (gangs, corrupt governments, etc.)? would the world be better with more lax rules towards the "drug war" we've been fighting?

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Well, marijuana should almost surely be legalized. It's really not any more harmful than alcohol. As long as it stays illegal, then it stays a so-called gateway drug. If it were legal, then it probably wouldn't be a gateway to anything because official sellers wouldn't have heroin, cocaine, etc... unlike street drug dealers. At least make it perfectly legal as a medicine.... it's cruel to not allow that...

As for the other drugs.... I'm not sure. Maybe it would be a good idea. Most people that are going to try more harmful drugs would probably try them anyway, so the laws aren't really stopping them. On the other hand, if they were legal, then there would be a lot more heroin addicts on the streets.... which would be very bad, of course.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
well all i'm thinking of is a way to stop people from being hurt on both sides of the fence. people are being hurt by buying up these drugs yet they leave it up to the dealer to trust them. the other side of it is we've spent over 20 years is it since regan declared a war on drugs and it has done nothing other than increase prices and make inner city streets more dangerous for kids.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't think drugs should be legalized at all...they're horrible. Marijuana isn't that bad but still should be illegal. From what I heard it is as harmful as 3 cigarettes, yet on the other hand I heard that it's an herb so its fine. So it confuses me. But I still think drugs should be illegal.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
A 'smart drug', that would be cool. Sure would help with revision! :p

I guess using that before an exam would be like using steroids before a race or something.
Oh no, I'm going to have to pee into a cup before I take my exams now aren't I? :eek:

Role
Private
Oh gawd... the amount of dealers at universities if a "smart drug" was invented. >_<

As for other drugs, I'm fairly indifferent. If people want to use them, then they can go for it. As long as it doesn't affect me, I don't care. Stay out of other people's life decisions.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Personally I never used any drug since A. I never wanted to. B. Never need to C. Seen other peoples lives become ^$*@ from the use of drugs (mainly my mothers life.)

I really wouldn't care if weed was legal to maybe 2 oz per person who's over the age of 18 or 21. But if that did happen I would want a hefty tax on the stuff. But anyways the only thing I want to do with weed is watch the T.V. show "Weeds". And I only watch that since its a good comedy/drama nearly making fun of everything in its wake.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If marijuana is legalized, then pot heads will have nothing to complain about ~ Daniel Tosh (not the complete quote)...Pot might as well be legalized, since so many people get it anyway...Even just this morning, some of my friends were talking about getting high this weekend and stuff...(I feel like I'm one of the only people at my school that don't drink/do drugs...)

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
there are already smart drugs all they really do is increase blood flow to the brain.
http://www.erowid.org/general/big_chart.shtml
scroll down to last category for smart drugs most of them are legal.

as for legalization as i stated in my legalization thread:

Pot should be made legal and taxed like tobacco(by the way is way worse than tobacco whoever said the 3 cigarettes things)(cannabis inhibits cancer cells)

Lsd should also be legal.

md* should be legal in all its form except pma as long before x was illegal it was used for couples therapy under the name empathy and one session on empathy was said to be equal to around a year of therapy.

Opiates(cocaine,heroin) should be rescheduled(not necessarily legalized)

Mushrooms should be legalized

all the research chemicals we have made up until now should be tested to determine their use and value then scheduled based on that.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The problem with legalizing drugs like marijuana is in driving, and cops can't smell it on your breath like alcohol. I almost killed myself and my college roommate by driving stoned. Plus, if it was legal, I'd probably be stoned all the time instead of never. As for LSD, you can overdose and never come back. I've seen it a number of times. I lived my young life in the underground, drugs, sexual crazyness, etc. and I've seen incredible harm. These people will also harm you. Have you ever met someone one meth who's been tripping for a long time. They can be very dangerous. Same thing with crack and coke. Drugs was another thing that caused my mom to take me to the shrink when I was in college, so laws hinder the idiots like myself, and help us from killing ourselves so that we can grow up into adults. I barely made it. Personally, I would outlaw cigarettes as well. Then I would outlaw all of the people who disagree with me. O.k., just kidding there. There are too many politicians and religious leaders who are willing to do that.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
They should be legalized!
Why They allow to sell Alchool and cigarettes, dangerous for health, and didn't allow to smoke pot (remember weed is less dangerous than a cigarette)?
Hypocrisy? Or because, Like here in Italy for example,they are state monopoly (with consequent gain from the state)?
Probably because the state fear Mafia assosiations, which controls drug traffic,and legalizing it could upset them.

Role
Private
The problem with legalizing drugs like marijuana is in driving, and cops can't smell it on your breath like alcohol. I almost killed myself and my college roommate by driving stoned.
Random Drug Testing is now done in parts of Australia. Any cop can pull you over and do it, under reasonable suspicion. They swab your tongue and then use some chemicals to determine if a drug has gone into your body via your mouth (the residue is left on your tongue). The penalty is an instant loss of driver's license and a heavy fine.

From what I've heard, this has deterred a lot of people from driving on drugs.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I’ve used many, a lot! Hey I grew up in the 60s! Decriminalized… Yes!
Legalized? NO!
Ever met a successful pot-head? Even Woody Harrelson gave it up because it was interfering with his art.

Nam

Reactions: Moo

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I think pot should be legalized. They have cigarettes legalized, and they kill like 2 million people, and cigarettes are worser then pot. Pot is a herb since it came from the earth and dont have added stuff to it like cigarettes.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think pot should be legalized. They have cigarettes legalized, and they kill like 2 million people, and cigarettes are worser then pot. Pot is a herb since it came from the earth and dont have added stuff to it like cigarettes.

The only think about cigarettes though is that they don't change your perception nearly as much as pot, or other drugs...You can easily smoke and function (except for maybe things that require a lot of breathing :smile1:)

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Drugs have been made illegal for a reason. Marijuana on the other hand, is different. My grandmother always said the only reason why it's illegal is because the government can't find a way to tax it.

My brother uses it, he's a bit of an ass at times, but I can't link that to marijuana, as he's always been an ass. I haven't found any descernible evidence that marijuana has dangerous side effects, and I don't think anybody else has, either.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I smoke weed a couple times and to me, the side effects are like beer. If you smoke too much weed at once then your going to have some side effect. The samething with beer, you drink too much of it at once then your going to have some side effect. The only difference is that beer is legal while pot aint.

snarf_boy

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, this is maybe the most cliche thing to say for me but anyway,

I'm from Holland, where drugs are partially legal, and i must say that i am in favor of legalising most soft drugs like marihuana, mushrooms and the more agressive ones like xtc and speed. Those are the drugs which I see being used quite often in the student scene around here, let it with care, almost everyone here can tell you they are nog addicted.
Complete legalisation of all drugs would create a drug run i think. You should keep out the real nasty stuf like heroine en coke, but keep the soft stuff like marihuana. Destroying the criminal networks behind them bij legalizing the drugs won;'t work, we tried, we failed.

Greetz... Snarf from Holland

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Personally I believe that most drugs were made illegal for a good reason.
If tobacco was discovered today then yes it would probably be illegal, but smoking is alright by me because people who smoke tend to die quickly, and so aren't badly affecting the health service. And the money the government get from taxing it... I love being a non-smoker! But being a non-smoker is only good if other people are smoking...

There might be some exceptions, some drugs might be illegal that shouldn't be. Personally I'd like to see an unbiased, in depth study on marijuana's affect on people's health and on society, and then we should just act on whatever the study recommends. But that will never happen.
Personally I like the legality of it in the UK, it's illegal, but it's not a major concern. You're only going to get into trouble for using it if you are a complete idiot with it.

Smoking and driving: I don't understand this. I don't understand drinking and driving.
I could never be so drunk/high that I would actually consider driving.
It's like seeing adverts on TV warning you to stop at level crossings (train tracks) when the lights flash... who the hell doesn't stop?! Do guns come with a warning label: "do not shoot yourself with this gun"? I would have thought some things were obvious.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think we should legalize all drugs. Because various reasons. sure their might be some cons but there would be more pros such as people will not make a new drug made of mixing baking soda with potatoe and get one wich is highly more dangerous than the ones we already have. and there would be less crime in the city!

Status
Not open for further replies.