Leg guard leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slip92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
In addition to my previous post regarding the gel in my nappies leaking, 8?3 recently started to find that I'm leaking (both pee and sometimes poop) out of the leg guards of my nappies.
Primarily this seems to be happening at night, which is quite frustrating as it's meaning that my pyjama bottoms are only lasting one night at a time, and my bed pad is getting some use!

Anyone experience similar issues?

Chinababy888

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Private
I have simillar issues with my diapers, I have to really tape them on hard/tight to avoid leaks at night, I have tried may different brands over the six years since I became incontinent in 2010 although this wasn't by own choice I became this way because of my continued life-long disabilities stemming from past epileptic seizure's I suffered from in 1992/1993 when I was 12-13 years old and this has left me with a permantly damaged neurological system that controls my bladder.

I even went as far as to limit the amount of liquids I drink before bed but this didn't have any effect if anything it actually made things worse because it ended up making my retention problems with urine so bad that I've had to almost revert back to wearing diapers 24/7, I also tried verious medications but in each case they only made things worse I wouldn't consider having surgery though because it would probably make my situation more serious than ever because of the risks involved and I this means that I have to wear diapers for the rest of my life than so be it.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
What diapers are you using? Usually when a brand fails quite often this is an indication you need a better diaper. Being urinary and fecal incontinent I'd guess you're already using abens or better. Have you tried confidry or northshore though?

Role
  1. Private
Yes. Try Confidry 24/7s. I have made it through more than one night with a very full load. Also wear spandex type boxer briefs over them. It certainly helps.

mikejames

Banned
Role
  1. Incontinent
a lot of times this is bc the diaper is too big. your're not getting a tight seal down there. Once way to alleviate if you're kind of between sizes is to put the diaper on so it's lower in the back and higher in the front. This seals up that gap that is down towards the back of the leg guard area. if that doesn't work, it could just be that that brand's diaper isn't a good cut for your shape OR you need to drop down a size.

miapeters

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
mikejames is right, diaper seal is important. I'm also double incontinent 24/7 and for bowel incontinence I always wear plastic pants, and I don't think it's a good idea not to, I sometimes have more than one bm in the night and I don't wake up for it, so in case it leaks plastic pants is a must.

rennecfox

I'm done...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
when you start finding mess leaks that's when you need to fix something asap (new diaper brand, new size eat some more fiber, whatever it takes to keep it off your outer clothes!) A good seal is paramount, standing leg guards also help, adequate padding area, the right type of diaper. Pull ups are awful for leaks and unless you fall in the lottery weight category they will probably not work for you so don't go that way

lilbing

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I agree, try the Dry 24/7s. The leak barriers on those are big. The biggest I have found personally are on the Wellness Superio brand. Those have some massive leak guards on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.