• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Least Cool Cartoon/Comic Book Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Butterfly Mage

I got the idea from the "coolest person" thread and just sort of turned it 90 degrees.

So... who do you think are the lamest comic book or cartoon heroes ever? Two come to my mind:

-- Apache Chief. Yeah, from the bad old "justice league" cartoons from the 1980s. The guy's sole super-power was to grow 100' tall. He couldn't fly. He couldn't read minds. He couldn't teleport. All he could do is get really big. ::yawn::.

-- Captain Planet: How did this show last as long as it did? The hero could only manifest if five bickering, unruly teenagers decided to call him out. Then he always whined about people being litter bugs or buying guns (hey, and handgun ownership doesn't really pollute that much!) And while Superman could be overcome only by a fisstful of kyptonite, all it took to give Captain Planet the blues was to spray him with Exxon Premium Diesel.

Who are your lame heroes?

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Aquaman, of course! I mean, he sucks, and while pop culture has continuously ragged on him...

... they rag on him for a reason.

Right behind him are Green Lantern, Moon Knight, and Antman.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
I'd have to agree with Dawes. Aquaman Is lame as all get out. He can swim, breath under water, and talk to fish. he has all the same powers as Spongebob.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Wonder Twins and Aquaman

Aquaman, because he as powerful as Spongebob >.< and I never like the wonder twins for some reason.

B

Butterfly Mage

Gawd! I forgot about the not-so-Wonder Twins. How would you like to be the the guy who turns into an icicle and then run into a full-strength super hero like Iceman? Ha ha ha ha!

Role
Other
Jubilee.

Every Marvel time traveling mutant.

Jan and Jacen and Gleep, the replacements for the Wonder Twins and their dog.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Robin: He's pointless

Aquaman: Ooo...Water....

Flash: He run's fast...That's about it...

Invisible chick from Fantastic 4: Being invisible might be coo, but it doesn't really help in a fight...

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Ummm- I'm thinking Dyno mutt was a total waste of ink. Him AND the Blue Falcon.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Invisible chick from Fantastic 4: Being invisible might be coo, but it doesn't really help in a fight...
Invisible girl, and yes it could. It is much easier to own someone when they can't see you.

M

Mako

Captain Canuck.

"the first Captain Canuck patrols Canada in the (then) futuristic world of 1993, where "Canada had become the most powerful country in the world." He was the costumed agent of the CISO (Canadian International Security Agency)."

This is why they can't take weapon x away from us!

No one mention anyone from Alpha Flight or I will remove your liver with a spork >.>

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Captain Canuck.

"the first Captain Canuck patrols Canada in the (then) futuristic world of 1993, where "Canada had become the most powerful country in the world." He was the costumed agent of the CISO (Canadian International Security Agency)."

This is why they can't take weapon x away from us!

No one mention anyone from Alpha Flight or I will remove your liver with a spork >.>
Captain Canuck look like a rip off of Captain America. Another one I thought of is Marvel Howard The Duck (watch the movie if you don't know who he is)

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Cyclops from X-men. His power was kinda cool, but was it really that cool that he is one of the main X-men? he never had anything interesting to say or do, unless you count bitching as being interesting.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Just to note, muscular dude who wears his countries flag as a costume. It's not exactly original to begin with.
I know, he gloves, boot, belt and mask have almostt the same design as C.A. (Beside the fact that he has a maple left instead of an A on his mask)

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Robin: He's pointless
This one is the most apt of your list, but he still exists both to cause trouble for Batman and to get him out of it on occasion, depending on who is playing Robin. He also exists thematically to lighten the mood, but since mood is considered a big part of Batman's appeal, maybe not the best thing to do.

Aquaman: Ooo...Water....
Not singling you out since you certainly weren't the only one to observe Aquaman's failings, but his powers aren't the problem (add a fair measure of super strength, resistance to conventional weapons, and a few other fiddly powers into the grab bag). He's quite similar to Marvel's Sub-Mariner, who is widely considered to be a more interesting character. I think it's a writing failure, and I have seen him be interesting. Perhaps not a first-string guy, but definitely not the worst or deserving of so much ridicule as he receives.

Flash: He run's fast...That's about it...
He's got so much going for him in the power department that like Superman, his abilities have to be underestimated to give him a challenge. When one moves at the speed of light, it's hard to have a mystery of any kind (search every building in the city for the hidden bomb in the 30 seconds before it goes off? Sure!), but he's got interesting villains and a good supporting cast. Just takes a good writer to make him engaging, and that has frequently been the case over the last 20 years.

The Invisible Woman is arguably the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four. When introduced, she could only turn invisible, but has since learned to produce powerful force fields and to manipulate them in many creative ways. When Mister Fantastic is incapacitated, she's the de-facto leader of the team and has grown from her shrinking violet damsel in distress to a real super hero.

In short, I'd read a comic making appropriate use of any of the above characters with a good creative team. In regard to the original question, I think it would have to be someone that I just couldn't like/stand without a total rewrite of the character; someone flawed at their core. I'd nominate this guy: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/William_Payton_(New_Earth) for lamest comic guy. There may well be lamer ones, but I'm sort of out of the comics loop and he sticks out on my mind. Quite powerful, but completely lacking in flavor and lifting the name of more interesting characters. Luckily, he got shuffled off to the sidelines so that the son of the golden age Starman could get his own, highly cool book.

For cartoons, I think the supporting heroes on the Super Friends (or just the whole Super Friends thing) are so obvious as to be no fun as a pick. The Wonder Twins were defininitely an improvement over Wendy and Marvin, but the whole thing was pretty awful. My pick is only a little less obvious, but I'll take He-Man. Just terrible. The whole show was awful, but I lay the blame on him. The more recent version improved things to be just short of vomit-inducing, but it just needs to die. He might be the most powerful man in their universe, but I can't imagine being able to last through a dinner with him and I'd rather trust my fate to any of the heroes from Pojo's list (even Aquaman in a desert) than He-Man for anything.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Robin: He's pointless..
Yeah, but Batman has to have a sex life and Robin seems to fulfill that. Saturday Night Live's Ambiguously Gay Duo was pretty funny!

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
Yeah, but Batman has to have a sex life and Robin seems to fulfill that. Saturday Night Live's Ambiguously Gay Duo was pretty funny!
I think I just figured out batman"s online identity the one who shall not be named. (Deeker) oops

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
electric superman: bad just because the PR move was so corny.

Status
Not open for further replies.