Learning Games to make my child feel young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chealse

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I was thinking of picking up some picture cards in a foreign language like Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. Ie 12 Animals. Try teaching my little (Age 4) these new names of these animals. Providing rewards for getting the cards right.

Will this help keep the adult mind into the little immersion and provide a reason to praise my little.

What is your opinion of this? Is there alternatives.

Currently my activities are: Cuddles, Diaper change, watch movies, and fail at attempting to cook dinner.

Thank you for your time.

The old adage is always use what works for you. There's no right or wrong answer to what helps one regress. The one thing I'd caution with the learning new words thing is to make sure it doesn't become school work (unless you legitimately intend to learn the language, in which case there are more efficient ways to do so).

Regression is all about being able to relax so you don't need to find reasons to praise your little all the time as some reward. The best reward is just being able to spend quality time with each other. Try getting some toys to play with like Legos or cars (excuse my boyish bias lol) and just have fun building stuff and knockin it down. Maybe trips to a park (preferably secluded but if you time it right you can go wherever you like) or going sightseeing. Field trips or exploring always make me feel young because the world seems so big when you get tossed in a brand new environment.

I love doing preschool workbooks. They are so much fun to color, cut, paste and read. There are a couple of things that I do to make it a little more of a little experience. I make sure that I count and read everything aloud and very slowly and I only write with my right hand (I'm left handed). As far as new languages all you can do is give it a try, learning something new always feels good.

The interesting thing about the language cards is that it is something unfamiliar, like the alphabet is to a 4 year old. Could be an interesting exercise.

I think teaching your little a new language is a really good idea, especially if you are good at the language, then when you are being the care taker, you can just talk in that other language the whole time.

Tyger said:
I think teaching your little a new language is a really good idea, especially if you are good at the language, then when you are being the care taker, you can just talk in that other language the whole time.

I like that thought. Just as a baby is unfamiliar with language and learns from exposure, your little would learn the same way. I'd love having a mommy that could do that, I could really regress in that situation.

I speak 7 languages, learning a new language always makes me feel little, especially if the language has a different alphabet, learning letters and words and repeating them makes me feel super little.. I also have friends who are natives of some of the languages I speak and they teach me new words and get really excited when I come out with new words which makes me feel little too :D

Chealse said:
I was thinking of picking up some picture cards in a foreign language like Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. Ie 12 Animals. Try teaching my little (Age 4) these new names of these animals. Providing rewards for getting the cards right.

Will this help keep the adult mind into the little immersion and provide a reason to praise my little.

Currently my activities are: Cuddles, Diaper change, watch movies, and fail at attempting to cook dinner.

Thank you for your time.

Hi

You sound like a very nice caregiver, and your Little is very lucky.

I would suggest that you let your little lead the way. A trip to toys are us and let them pick will show you what they are into. For me it is lego, and arts and crafts, messy play. Being a boy I like messy play.
Maybe help them tell a story I like putting story's together in my head but getting them on paper is hard for me.

As long as your Little feels safe and accepted then staying in a little head space will be easier.

Hope you dont mind me saying but personally I would like to hear from your little as I would be able to relate them easier. It's just strange giving a caregiver advice about a little as I am a Little.

Hope this is help full to you

Sisi

Chealse said:

Thank you for your time.

This sounds like a great idea!

You could also look up foriegn language kids shows for her to watch, that way she can both learn more and have a more emersive childhood experience.

Personally, I think that the curiosity of childhood is a quality we should never relinquish. No matter how old or grown up we are, we should always look at the world with wide eyed wonder, for there is always more to learn and we never really stop growing.

Thank you for your feed back it is helpful.

Due to financial restrictions, the time I can spend with my little is become less and I would like the next visit be a full slip into regression.

How about baking? This coming week end I have the opportunity to interacting in a place with several families, I hope to do some baking/sweets decorating with them some kids with their dad's help and see what how I can bring that experience to my little.

Thoughts?

Cooking is great. I loved helping mom make cookies, especially licking the spoons and test eating the finished cookies (I guess I really didn't help her too much!)

Chealse said:
Thank you for your feed back it is helpful.

Due to financial restrictions, the time I can spend with my little is become less and I would like the next visit be a full slip into regression.

How about baking? This coming week end I have the opportunity to interacting in a place with several families, I hope to do some baking/sweets decorating with them some kids with their dad's help and see what how I can bring that experience to my little.

Thoughts?

:claps: YAY!!! :claps:

An other great idea!

Maybe have your little stay on their knees or sit on a low stool to add to the effect. Make a point to keep your little away from the stove or any sharp objects. You need to keep baby safe, after all. ; )

Just be ready for a bit of a mess afterward.

Hi.

You are sweet. Hopping for full regression. From your little. That will happen on your little terms only. You can ask it of us. But they whoud need to feel safe.

I have a new big brother and he is OK but I not confident that he knows how to care for me fully .so I can not regress with him.

Here are some things I would appreciate from my caregiver. And I hope this helps you.

Not too many choices. When I have lots of choices I find it hard to choose As my head will go fuzzy.
So this need to be kept to about 3 or 4 at the most. And time giving for your little to choose.

Prior warning of activity. If this is something like going to the zoo. Expect your little to be ready about 3 hours before it's hard to go. But if it's something like the dentist. Expert your little to Sunley lose something that's really important. About 1 minute before it's time to leave. So planning on your part is important. This is something my big brother is still having to learn.

Listening to your little. Our works can come out in a bit of a funny order. Especially if We are stressed, or tired.
So make sure you understand what's your little is saying.

I suspect there's more things but I can't think of anything at the moment.

Hope the cooking goes well. I like cooking. Because you can get really messy. And I have to taste everything before you get cooked and afterwards to make sure it's ok. Because you don't want anyone getting poorly.

Sisi

I liked the idea of having the little on the floor so every thing seems big as in a child's perspective. Though wearing knee pads can be immersion breaking. How about a double layered of multi coloured puzzle mat for my little to sit and play on.

For baking - the decorating of the cake or short bread cookies.

I also have a deck of Playing cards that are 8xll B&W Laminated sheets of paper to be gigantic playing cards to play fish with.

The mats seem like a good idea. Actually, all of your ideas sound pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back