Learning Disabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

emurray

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
umm i have Dyslexia. i have a very sivier learning disability. my reading and spelling is so far behind everything else that it is classifide as sivier. but i have learned tricks and stuff to help me and my best friend has helpped me so much in the last year she has been amazing! she didnt really know she was helpping me but she was.

when i was younger i would get picked on and teased about not being able to read or spell. it hurt alot and for a good 2 years around grade 5 and 6 i cried my self to sleep almost every night but my mom and dad never knew about it. (me crying and getting picked on and i hope they never will) but yah thats my story! sorry for the spelling mistakes.

Role
Private
Other than that, I'm peachy-keen!
I'm also keen on Peachy. I say we follow him home one day, break into his house late at night and... *laughs evilly* :thinking:

Other than that, no learning difficulties for me, except that I tend to choose subjects that I really don't like doing. >_<

wwetbed

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
ok diagnosed with ADHD, very smart yet organizings a pain in the butt! I can spell ok and i have a touch of dyslexia too!

I dont take any meds, they never helped much to begin with. not worth the hassle!

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Dysnomia (disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I have dysnomia.

"Dysnomia is a difficulty or inability to retrieve the correct word from memory when it is needed. Dysnomia can affect speech skills, writing abilities, or both.

Normal individuals will occasionally suffer problems recalling words. This only becomes a medical condition when the recall problems interfere with daily life. Doctors use neuropsychological tests to diagnose the condition.[1]"

Dxed early 90's.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
The only "disability" that I have ever been labelled with was being left handed when I was in elementary school. All my teachers in K, 1, and 2 grades tried to get me to write with my right hand... I had to switch schools and take special summer classes after grade 2 so I could write properly (left handed) by the time I got to grade 3.

Had I been born 5 years later I would have probably been diagnosed with ADD. School always bored me and I had a hard time paying attention to things... even in college. But I started school at a time where you had to be really messed up to get diagnosed with anything... so I'm classified as "normal" for all educational intents and purposes.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
hmmm...Nope...no learning disabilities here.

My mother had 7 children...13 grandchildren...10 great grandchildren...and not one with a learning disability. "They" thought one of my brothers might have had a learning disability...but...since he is now the one with the best-paying job of the lot...I guess "They" were wrong! LOL

L

LoDZeus

I have ADHD, but it doesn't really affect me school-wise. Except for forgetting everything I learned in Algebra 1 while taking geometry, and now causing me to die in Algebra 2.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Dysnomia (disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I have dysnomia.

"Dysnomia is a difficulty or inability to retrieve the correct word from memory when it is needed. Dysnomia can affect speech skills, writing abilities, or both.

Normal individuals will occasionally suffer problems recalling words. This only becomes a medical condition when the recall problems interfere with daily life. Doctors use neuropsychological tests to diagnose the condition.[1]"

Dxed early 90's.
That sound like the same thing I have, I have that problem at times but I'm guessing that my came from a learning disorder.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
hmmm...Nope...no learning disabilities here.

My mother had 7 children...13 grandchildren...10 great grandchildren...and not one with a learning disability. "They" thought one of my brothers might have had a learning disability...but...since he is now the one with the best-paying job of the lot...I guess "They" were wrong! LOL

Learning disabilities Have nothing to do with how far you go in life I find it Repulsive that people Think this.

that was an awesome story like seriously like me and my friends would make fun of special ppl and it sux and it is very shallow but i mean to be honest i do feel guilty that i find that stuff funny like my school has a special ed program for kids with sever learning disabilities and like i cant help but crack up every time i see a kid like that walking by and i usually feel like shit right after i do laugh and rightfully so. Like i mean i dont pick on any of them or mess with them at all but i still cant help but feel bad after i do laugh at one after one has walked passed me so to anyone with relatives with sever learning disabilities im sorry.

crinklyjas

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Hiya,

I have medium spectrum autism and live in a special place for people with autism. This is diagnosed and been tracked for a long time. I use it to my advantage, i can do things other cannot or find very hard and this is the area i got my job in.

Jammie

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
In order of diagnosis: ADHD (6), Dyslexia (14) and Asperger's syndrome (16).

And to quote my dad: "It's an explanation, not an excuse!".

I have no desire in writing out a whole story but questions are welcome.

Last edited:

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Only one diagnosis : Asperger's Syndrome. I was diagnosed age 6. It isn't that noticeable but been as I still get forced into social situations I don't want to be in and get told off for things that would usually be considered symptoms (by my parents) I expect I have become pretty adept and concealing it. My Mum says I use it as an excuse and shouts at me whenever I do anything particularly AS so I really have to try to be 'normal' when I am around her.

My primary (elementary) school teachers thought I was dyslexic though I was never diagnosed. I tend to disagree because without any help from anyone I have improved my handwriting and spelling to just below average. I imagine that if I was dyslexic I would have needed more input.

I personally think that I might be mildly ADHD. I have gone through the diagnostic and as far as I can tell I fit it very well. Course this is my opinion which is anything but professional. And if I am it doesn't cause me enough problems that I am desperate to see a psychologist for a diagnosis.

Martin said:
And to quote my dad: "It's an explanation, not an excuse!".
Could you tell your dad I agree.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I do not have any real learning disabilities, though I have absolutely wretched writing (almost unreadable), probably due to my poor motor skills when I was younger. Thank goodness for the computer era!

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
As I'm not diagnosed with Asperger's (thank God), Dyslexia, or Dysnomia -- wish me luck on Tuesday -- when I get tested for all-around neurological thingamibobs, as well as status updates on my existing conditions. (lol, meaning, Rx uppage? hah, paren't are gonna loooove that! xP)

Please wish me luck, lol. Becuase I'm already on the fence of not being able to get into the Navy after high school D=

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Horrible ADHD. I also sit like Near from Deathnote, with one knee up. I used to take medication, but it made me suicidal. Thankfully, I am gifted with a very high I.Q. to compensate for my impulsiveness.

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder. Not that they're technically learning disorders, but they certainly don't help!

Status
Not open for further replies.