Learning Disabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Private
I was wondering how many people on this site have Learning Disabilities? Examples: ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia...

S

stanfordhawks

I don't have a neurological disability but I have a major orthopedic disability. I have Legg Calve Perthes which limits what I can do. I can't run, jump, walk for long distances, or bicycle for very long at all. I was in a wheelchair until I was seven. So now I know the computer very well but I don't know how to play sports. I don't even know how football is played (or any sport for that matter)! So eric that would be a PE disability I guess.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have a learning disability. It's called "Awesome-Ass-Kung-Fu-Ass-Kick-Bullshitulon-Marco-Polo-Axe-Face-Penis-Dance."

Actually, what that means is that I'm so awesome, I'm disabled to learning, and I have to actually create everything that I would learn. Therefore, I'm a diety, and this also causes me to be heavily disillusioned, because my only reality and the education I receive inside of it is entirely subjective.

Other than that, I'm peachy-keen! I'm lucky in that I don't have any kind of diagosed learning abilities, but thank goodness that in this day and age, educational and medical programs have been structured to assist children and adults with these afflictions so they can get just as much out of development.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well, i do not have a learning disability as i do not class it as one, although i do have ADHD the way i see it is that i have something only 5% of the rest of the population have, i use it to advantage, Eg i can make things very well from my mind

S

Secret

Hey I have Dyslexia , Exucutive functioning disorder , ADD and ADHD. This is my story, it was the middle of first grade and I was struggleing I didnt know how to read or write and my teacher was worried. Being the careing person she is she called my mum and talked, she said that her son had Dyslexia and that the situation I was in was very similar to her sons, so she recomended a doctor to run some tests on me and figure out what was wrong. It turned out that I had ADD , ADHD , Executive functioning and dyslexia. My mom wanted me to get an education so she moved me to another school with a great teacher who helped me learn alot but she left and the next year I actualy was wrongly put into special ed in 3rd to 4th grade, because the public school system didnt know my learning disability very well. It was awfull I have mild dyslexia and executive functioning disorder which is a pretty mild learning disability and the first time I read was 3rd grade, but for some reason I was in class with people with down syndrome , severe autism , mental disabilities and other things. Many tears were shed and many times I cried myself to sleep thinking I was "Stupid" and it ate at me in the worst ways possible. I had no friends for about 3 years at my school and I felt alone and like no one wanted to be around me, like a leper or a diseased dog, in the student bodies eyes I was equal to $h!t and thats what I felt like. I am by no means stupid and no one else in the world is stupid EVER they are just smart at other different things, I knew a kid with down syndrome and he drew like nobodys buisness, it was amazing. I got picked on for being in special education and the FREAKING! kids picked on and teased a handicapped kid with down syndrome! luckilly I had become friends with a few kids in normal classes get the kids teasing him to shut up. I remember fondly getting into a fight because this one little prick said I was stupid or something along the lines of that, to say the least me and my friends kicked that kids ass. But the public school system pulled their head out of their behind and is now paying for classes with other kids with learning disabilities like mine, its a normal class we just learn differently, for instance in 5th grade me and the class were learning about the renisance so we painted a fresco or another example is when we were all learning about the science of sound we made instruments. That project changed my life! I ended up finding out just how good I am at building things and I won the competition and got a A+ which the teacher rarely ever hands out, and its still on display in the hall! yay !

So to sum it all up I had a tough time , but things got better and I actualy learned something that you cant learn in school, I learned how to figure out my strengths and weaknesses and work soloely on my strengths.

If anyone ANYONE! has any problems with his or her learning disabilities dont hesitate to message me, and we can talk about this stuff.

NO ONE IS EVER STUPID EVER!

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I have a learning disabilities when it came to spelling and grammar, and I also need a little bit of help when it came to schoolwork or taking test as well.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i have had a few scraps about people being inconsiderate arse holes, one got me suspeneded from school.....

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I think i might have some sort of ADD because no matter how much I try to pay attention in my classes I zone out a lot, that's probably why I can never get homework done, I zone out to much, and I didn't hear everything the teacher was saying.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid, but was only on meds for a short time. I didn't really want to be on them at the time. Now I can see the diagnosis was probably right, but I make do haha.

thebear687

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover,
My teacher in first grade told me i had ADD but my mom never agreed to put me on ridalin so it was never mentioned again. I wouldn't say its a learning disability it defiantly wasn't for me because i always got good grades. But i do tend to think really fast and sometimes doesn't come out right. I get a little obsessive and random with things sometimes and its hard to turn my brain off because im thinking deep almost all the time. I tend to stand up when i eat and for some reason don't always like to sit down and eat. i don't how many times my mom told me to sit down to eat. But other than that it has its good things too. Einstein had ADD and lots of intelligent people did. So i don't think it makes u any less smarter. I think in certain situations it highers your IQ. I was always extremely creative and imaginative. I think schools make it worst sometimes for kids with ADD especially putting them in a special Ed class, i think thats wrong. Thats just cruel especially not having any levels of special ed classes and sticking u with lowest level, the down syndrome kids. I cant imagine how that most feel to be degraded like that, much less destroying your confidence.

Kiwi_Sin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I am ADD and Dyslexia, my attention span is shorter than a fish, my spelling and handwriting is worse than a 3 year old.. thank god for firefox with spell check and the computer so ya dont have to see my handwriting.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Well I am sertin that many people these days would say that I have ADD or ADHD but I have a few things to say about that and many other "issues" they lable people with. I feel that many of these are no more then placebo problem. You are told that you have it so you feel and act that you do. (I am not saying that this is the case with all.) Though I do have sever dislexia, I was unable to ready intil 3rd grade, though they could not fail me because my math and scince scores were throught the roof. I will not get into the isses that came out of that. I taught myself how to read, and funcion. The only time that people would ever know I have an issue is when I am tired, or cooking. I tend to burn catch things on fire because of my inability to tell the left burner from the right. Though I also have issues with short term memmory as well though I have heared that there have been studies connecting this with Dyslexia.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I have been told that I have a learning disablity with things like math but that's really it.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I have Dysgraphia, but I don't think it counts as a learning dissability because it really doesn't impede my ability to learn. I just have really crappy handwriting, I mix up 'p' and '9' a bit, I have a horrible time with spelling and grammar, writing letters backwards. The usual.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
ADHD, Bipolar, something about mental maturity, 2 or 3 other things I didnt catch. Theyre all pretty mild, thankfully.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
ADHD Dyslexia and disgrapia Bad >.< I'm 504 classified till collage then I got to goto a psychologist To get re diagnosed for it. I'm basically around a 2nd grade grammar and spelling level....I write stuff backwards and Have very bad writing. Granted my reading level is that of collage level o_O and I am have and advance grasp on math and science.
I also have anger issues... XD according to my behavior recored. Which allmost all was Selfdefence. And it almost caused me to be classified as special ed.
And for adhd I have taken Ritalin, Something else and folclaren (SP)

But now I have a forum that I had all my teachers that say I'm "special" And 504. Which I'm very open about.

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I never gotten tested for any disability. But almost all my life I was in easy classes because the normal classes were to hard for me. Plus I think that I have dyslexia because I always get words mixed up when I'm reading and plus sometimes I skip a line. Lastly sometimes when i speak the words will come out scrambled. So I train my mind to think of what to say before speaking (sometimes hard for me when I need to talk about something right away).

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I've been diagnosed with very mild Autism (wasn't much of a social guy until ~3rd grade -- didn't start talking period until ~3 years old), and in Kindergarten I was diagnosed with quite a bit higher-than-average ADHD.

Meaning, school's hard, but there's an excuse for not paying attention xP

Status
Not open for further replies.