Leaking Diapers while in sitting position

nikthewerelion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
The title of the thread should get the basic idea across, but I should give some more context. First off I am a guy so I understand that depending on how it’s facing when I wet my diaper makes a pretty big difference. In the past few weeks I have had two different occasions wear while being in the sitting position, wearing a higher capacity diaper like alpaca and critter caboos. My diaper has leaked, it decent amount. it is leaked enough to make the waterproof pants over the diaper, wet and the onesie over that wet. The only thing that is saved me in that situation really was the insulated winter pants that I was wearing in both situations. Now I do, or Diapers for frequent urination, and when I wet myself, I tend to flood. Both times that my diaper leaked was while I was in the sitting position while I was attending concerts. it was on like the third or fourth time of wetting my diaper when it leaked. So my question is this, is it me being a dumb ass and just pushing the diaper too far in the most vulnerable position possible? Or was it just bad luck or is there something I can do to help fix this problem? ?

Reactions: Edgewater and Jorelaxed
You are no dumb ass. You might well have pushed the limits of your diaper though. I leaked at the dinner table shortly after deciding to wear whenever possible. Stress leak. I have since bought plastic pants and know the limits of my active maxis now.

Reactions: jonny77, Edgewater and Jorelaxed
You have probably reached the limit of your diaper. The front panel will get saturated and slowly wick towards the back.
In my situation, I wet very little at a time.
I make sure the diaper seals well between my legs.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonny77 and Edgewater
Truly great recommendations and possible issues provided above!!

Sitting is not the best position for diaper wetting as the pathway for transferring the liquid is commonly blocked or serious limited by sitting and with a volume flood, the flow height exceeds the height of the side barriers. The diaper maybe well within its capacity, but because we are sitting, leaks can occur.

Yes, you should verify that you are not exceeding the capacity of your diaper. In addition, you should assure that you are following the proper procedure for preparing and placing the diaper in place. High-quality diapers commonly have at least two side barriers and for them to work they needed to be set (stretched) to verify they are standing correctly. Once the diaper is in place assure that the center U shaped channel is in place and it should be checked during the day as it can commonly be crushed, which can block the flow.

Your choice of plastic pants is great as they can provide an additional barrier. and a puddling area. But like the U-channel it needs to be checked during wearing.

If all above is working correctly, you may need to add a booster and/or a higher-capacity diaper.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, jdinvirginia, nikthewerelion and 1 other person
OK yeah the explanation of the person that posted right above that makes a lot of sense. So my new course of action will be to try to stand up every time I have to wet my diaper as well as also wear all the extra protection that I can, the plastic pants and all that as well as increasing my capacity with a booster and seeing how that goes. I do have some mega Safari diapers that I have yet to open so I will test those out also. next weekend will be a perfect time to test these theories and put them into practice as I have three concerts to go to. So I will figure something out that will work because it will be spring, and I won’t have the protection of the insulated winter pants if my diaper happens to leak.

Reactions: Edgewater and jonny77
All this is right - sitting does decrease the immediate capacity of your nappy/diaper. But you know if you're at work, say, you just may not be able to change your nappy when you should, even if you just know you've over-reached its capacity. For that reason, always wear dark clothes so that a leak is less likely to show. I carefully select my work clothes and even surreptitiously check how well they hide wetness when I buy them. I just moisten my finger and wet a small bit of the material. And be careful where you sit. In my experience the cloth coverings of chairs at work really show wet patches. Thats's embarrassing for sure. But leaks are going to happen occasionally and you'll get used to minimising their impact.

On another tack, I think visible leaks on a guy are a turn-on. Those little spots and half-moons on a guys bum. Mmmm

• Haha
Reactions: TeddyBunny and Edgewater
In time you will learn the limits of a wet diaper. I can tell by the feel, but I'm a cloth diaper boy. I don fins that sitting is probably the most vulnerable position for me to leak. I often get those tell tale half moon wet patches just below my butt cheeks.

Reactions: Edgewater
i’m glad I’m talking this out on the forums here. Luckily for me my part-time job is bagging groceries which is standing up the whole time. In that situation. I definitely got to know the limits of a Safari diaper and also anything else that’s better than that that I would wear. And I’m only starting to now notice the problems with sitting down and wetting my diaper a lot over consecutive hours while being at concerts because I’ve gone to see like seven concerts this year so far and it’s only the end of March, so I haven’t really had these diaper leaking incidents enough to realize it was a problem. But now that I know some ways I can fix it I’ll be better prepared for probably the next 14 concerts or so then I’m gonna end up seeing for the rest of this year.

Ok odd I know but I was putting on my socks one day, ankle socks. I thought what if. When I know I will be sitting for long periods of time like driving or long meetings, I will slip my penis into a sock like a condom. Fold the rest back and then make sure to diaper up snuggly. The sock prevents hard streams from coming out and helps spread the wetness as it is absorbed. Just like a cloth booster but it confines the wetness all around. At the end of the day I throw the sock in the laundry with me shaping panties I wear over the diaper, good for support and random small leaks, and then my plastic pants.

• Love
Reactions: scaifester, jamiejamie and Edgewater
When I feel uncomfortable then I change. I could probably go a bit longer but I’m not into purposely leaking.

It's possible that it's not the capacity but the absorption rate, but either way if you get two low end boosters and fold them in half and put them on the inside of the leak guards on both sides that can help increase capacity and surface area.

Also using diapers with tall leak guards like criniklz

I have an issue with leaking over the side of my hips and out the wings. I am always pointing down. This happens when sitting or laying down. It happens in dry or wet diapers.

I have leaked many times while sitting on my chair. Usually it happens on the sides, I’m guessing it breaches the leak guards. Not a big deal for me since my chair isn’t cloth upholstered.

Regardless of the absorbency rating of a diaper, every diaper has its limits and the physics of fluid dynamics will always win. Sitting down in a saturated diaper will inevitable cause press-out leaks in the back. Knowing my own wetting habits and the absorbency of my diapers is important and helps with "accidents" but nothing is 100% fool proof and even though I am very knowledgeable about my wetting and diapers I have had a few press-out leaks.

Reactions: Edgewater and wetnappyjon
Ive had a few leaks when my diaper gets to saturated so I change more often when I know I will be sitting most of the time.

Yeah sitting deffo makes leakers more likely. If I’m doing a long car journey I’ll usually put a nappy on to save stopping so I can just go in my nappy but have had little leaks before

• Sad
Reactions: SeniorMan, Tenawearer and Edgewater
When that happen I would think it time for a diaper change !

Reactions: Lyric and Edgewater
When my diaper gets full I tend to sit on top of my legs, and let the U of the diaper fall between. It helps, but leaks can still occur, all the more fun for me though cause I'm a bad baby with a leaky full diaper

Reactions: wetaccident and Edgewater
@nikthewerelion
I would change more often or if unable put down a soaker pad or puppy pad to save your furniture

I think I would always leak sitting down if I allowed myself to flood. When you’re sitting down your best to dribble to allow the diaper to do it’s job. If you flood, and you are sitting pressing down on the diaper, it’s not gonna absorb as fast and will leak if it’s saturated.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, diaperdude and Edgewater
Back