FudgedInLuvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
Good morning everyone!

Well, I'm waiting for a while, have a phone interview today for the professional life, but I could use some help on our private one.

I've been super stressed at home lately, so I've found myself wearing my clothing more frequently. Last night I had a nosebleed, and my rebel bodysuit looks like I was involved in battle on the high seas. I have some sheets I can sneak it in with, but I'm worried about the snap crotch after seeing a torn image on amazon. Should I wash and dry it with everything snapped or open?

Secondly, I picked up a pair of "training pants" when Rearz had that misprint. On the technical side, just how are these different than an all in one diaper? Secondly, I read you need to wash them to "activate" them, is this washing by hand or in the washing machine? How many times should you wash them? 3 seems to be a common rule of thumb. How do you dry them? Dryer or air/hang dry?

Thanks! I'll get back to responses after my interview!

Snap buttons aren't usually a problem in the wash for me. At least I leave mine unsnapped and havent had any problems. I can see a large sewn on button could get caught, and I do have to close any velcro tabs when in the washer/dryer unless I want a big tangled mess. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt to close snap buttons if you're worried about it.

Oh, and make sure you pre-treat blood stains or they can set in and never come out all the way.

Reactions: Jim100 and FudgedInLuvs
Washing anything to do with my interest is a logistical challenge.
I usually do a wash when my housemate is away. 4 of everything washable is the way to go.

I wash my onesies unsnapped and haven't had any issues. Just throw them in the the rest of the clothes. I do have a pretty modern and gentle side loading washer though.

As for training pants vs AIO, AIOs tend to have a waterproof outer shell. If you want to see the activation thing firsthand, turn your faucet on just a little and put the absorbent part underneath it. You'll see water bead up and roll off. This stops happening as much after a few washes.

Reactions: Jim100, BobbiSueEllen and FudgedInLuvs
I do not have laundry facilities at my house, both the washer and dryer are broken and i did not have the funds or will to replace them. This means i wash everything at the local laundromat. I leave onesies unsnapped. With the exception of removing the cape from the back of a LKB onsie, i just toss it all in the washer.

I frankly don’t care if anybody sees my stuff, they have their undies in the wash too

Reactions: Jim100
I’ve aways zipped up or snapped up all my stuff before washing.

Guess it doesn’t much matter by the sounds of it

Diapers, and other cloth items, especially cotton, often come sprayed with sizing. This makes them more resistant to stains and dirt prior to sale but also makes them less absorbent until it’s removed. Several washings or a couple, one with a cup or two of vinegar will remove the sizing and restore their absorbency.

Slomo said:
Snap buttons aren't usually a problem in the wash for me. At least I leave mine unsnapped and havent had any problems. I can see a large sewn on button could get caught, and I do have to close any velcro tabs when in the washer/dryer unless I want a big tangled mess. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt to close snap buttons if you're worried about it.

Oh, and make sure you pre-treat blood stains or they can set in and never come out all the way.

Thanks for getting back! Made sure to pre-treat the stains, and left my onesie snapped, came out great!

irnub said:
I wash my onesies unsnapped and haven't had any issues. Just throw them in the the rest of the clothes. I do have a pretty modern and gentle side loading washer though.

As for training pants vs AIO, AIOs tend to have a waterproof outer shell. If you want to see the activation thing firsthand, turn your faucet on just a little and put the absorbent part underneath it. You'll see water bead up and roll off. This stops happening as much after a few washes.

Thanks! Sounds like AIO's just have built in plastic pants in a sense. Washing the training pants today, would like to use them

irnub said:
With the advent of PUL--polyurethane laminate--that's a good thing to know. AIOs tended to use PVC, the same material which makes up traditional plastic/vinyl pants and are best air-dried for that reason, as time & heat will break the PVC down. PUL is more tolerant of the dryer, but within reasonable limits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim100
Back