Lactose Intollerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Private
This is wierd. Today I had milk for the first time in two years. I know i need more calcium so i drank milk...

10 minutes later i was sick to my stomach for 3 hours

BUT I can eat cheese and yogurt once in a while and im fine

I used to not drink milk when I was little because of the taste. The only reason i drank it a few years ago was because people in the hospital made me. Suprisingly I liked the taste when i was drinking it.

So is this lactose intollerance?

Role
  1. Private
This is wierd. Today I had milk for the first time in two years. I know i need more calcium so i drank milk...

10 minutes later i was sick to my stomach for 3 hours

BUT I can eat cheese and yogurt once in a while and im fine

I used to not drink milk when I was little because of the taste. The only reason i drank it a few years ago was because people in the hospital made me. Suprisingly I liked the taste when i was drinking it.

So is this lactose intollerance?
I'm not sure what the rest of your diet looks like, but if you're a vegetarian living off greens and legumes (cooked in an iron pan), and you suddenly hit your system with liquid fat (whole milk), there will be issues.

From what I've seen from friends who have it, though, this does not immediately signal "lactose intolerance" to me. If you want to include dairy in your diet and have not habitually done so in years, work it in slowly. In the interim, you can get chewable calcium supplements.

Role
  1. Private
I'm not sure what the rest of your diet looks like, but if you're a vegetarian living off greens and legumes (cooked in an iron pan), and you suddenly hit your system with liquid fat (whole milk), there will be issues.

From what I've seen from friends who have it, though, this does not immediately signal "lactose intolerance" to me. If you want to include dairy in your diet and have not habitually done so in years, work it in slowly. In the interim, you can get chewable calcium supplements.

i eat chicken and fish
just no red meat

im ocd about what i eat...i eat almost the same exact meals every day

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Does Ice Cream do it too? I have LI so...yeah cheese doesnt bother me...but pure milk or ice cream really do a number on me

Role
  1. Private
You seem bent on this being lactose intolerance. ... After thinking about this for a few minutes, I can appreciate that, because LI is something that you hear about and can manage.

Take the (Pepsi) Milk Challenge.

Emphasis is placed, as in my post, on removing fat from the equation:
It is important for the milk that is used to be non-fat milk to eliminate the possibility that fat in the milk is the cause of symptoms.

Last edited:
Role
  1. Private
thats a good idea
i know what im doing tomorrow
Agreed.

I'm hoping that this is a reaction to the sudden cascade of fat (with whole milk, or even 2%) on top of a diet that doesn't usually include much.

How to put this delicately ... I ... I'd watch your next elimination (#2). If it's greasy, I'd chalk it up to your system not being used to that much fat in the one go. But, still, the Milk Challenge should give you a better indication of what's going on. :)

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
If it was lactose intolerance then there would be issues when you eat cheese and yogurt. Could it have just been not drinking milk in a long time? Or if the milk was bad. It could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.