La[ZZZ]y

Status
Not open for further replies.

statik

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't know if it's just a California thing but I see more examples of lazy people every day. I'll have more to share soon but for now I'll share this little encounter.

So I was going to the store for a booze run earlier tonight. I parked on the far right side of the store because I don't like parking next to the clutter of cars. I get my booze and start heading towards the entrance of where I came in. It's now blocked off because grocery stores do that past a certain hour of the night. No problem.

Now I'm walking to opposite side entrance and then my car on the other side of lot. Still following me here? Another lady is walking in front of me to her car over by mine. As I'm getting ready to unlock my car, the lady starts talking to me. Not just talking though, no straight up bitching. She's going on and on about how pissed off she is that she parked her car next to the entrance on this side and now she has to walk all the way over because they closed off that side. Finally she asked me what I thought, of course wanting me to vent with her. Feel my rage dammit! Power to the people!

Ummmm no. I told her it's not the end of the world. There's plenty more you could be bitching about that actually involves a real impact. Who cares if you had to walk a few extra yards. By the looks of it, that shiney Lexus you're driving gives you no means to even attempt to think you have it bad you selfish bitch.

Yes I said that. I'm a very outspoken person when it comes to someone being obnoxiously ignorant. Especially California, valley girl cesspool scum. *nods*

She didn't like my comment though. Just got in her car, slammed the door, and squealed the life out of those tires.

Justice served.

What about you guys? Share away.

Role
  1. Private
It's the same everywhere, I imagine.

At practically every shopping centre where I live, people always try their luck in the parking sections that are 1) closest to the major entrances/exits of the centre, and 2) closest to the road they drive in on. They can spend upwards of 20 minutes just driving around these narrow sections until they can get a spot, when not even a few feet away is another level of parking that is somewhat empty.

That is either sheer laziness or extreme stupidity.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
It's the same everywhere, I imagine.

At practically every shopping centre where I live, people always try their luck in the parking sections that are 1) closest to the major entrances/exits of the centre, and 2) closest to the road they drive in on. They can spend upwards of 20 minutes just driving around these narrow sections until they can get a spot, when not even a few feet away is another level of parking that is somewhat empty.

That is either sheer laziness or extreme stupidity.

THIS.
People are morons sometimes -_-

statik

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm not saying your example of lazy has to be about parking morons. Though I do agree with you *laughs*.

If you have other things to share though, please do? Or if parking seems to be a good vent then that's cool too.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Fine ^_^
I hate it when people who are obviously not handicapped, old enough, OR whatever-enough to use the automatic shopping carts in grocery stores, but do so anyway.
I'm talking to you, moderately fat people.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Boy am I lazy. I had two weeks to write a 1200 word report on the environment. Not that hard. I've had high school reports that required more effort.

So I sit down to writ this report tonight, the day before it is due. I end up going on facbook, visiting ADISC, looking up the meaning of aesthetic on wikipedia, spend an hour on wikipedia, which led me to youtube where I wasted almost another hour of my life.

After all that hard work I decided I was tired and took a two hour nap. Then I went to eat supper. Finally I promised my self I'd start on the report and ended up getting a nose bleed. I took care of that and again sat at my desk, and managed to write a sentence on MS word. I counted the words to see how many more I'd need. 1191. I read an article from my textbook that I thought would help me get going, then went back to wikipedia to look up some word I didn't understand.

I'm done now, just so you know.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Boy am I lazy. I had two weeks to write a 1200 word report on the environment. Not that hard. I've had high school reports that required more effort.

So I sit down to writ this report tonight, the day before it is due. I end up going on facbook, visiting ADISC, looking up the meaning of aesthetic on wikipedia, spend an hour on wikipedia, which led me to youtube where I wasted almost another hour of my life.

After all that hard work I decided I was tired and took a two hour nap. Then I went to eat supper. Finally I promised my self I'd start on the report and ended up getting a nose bleed. I took care of that and again sat at my desk, and managed to write a sentence on MS word. I counted the words to see how many more I'd need. 1191. I read an article from my textbook that I thought would help me get going, then went back to wikipedia to look up some word I didn't understand.

I'm done now, just so you know.

*golf clap*

Khaymen

Full Patch
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
When I was married I went to run a few errands. My wife decided she wanted to drive for a change and my best friend tagged along for the ride. My exwife is one of those folks that drives me nuts, she will spend more time driving around looking for a parking spot than it takes to walk in from the one available.

When it came time to leave Lowes Hardware and go to the Wal-Mart across the street. I said you guys drive and I'll walk. My friend took it as a challenge that I could walk the 300+ yards and cross a five lane road faster than my ex could drive over, park the car, and walk in. So a friendly wager was made without my wife's knowledge.

He coached her and told her that I was going to taunt them if I got there first but nothing he said changed the fact that I still beat them to the door and had to wait for them to catch up. :firstplace:

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
How 'bout: instead of walking from one store in the big indoor mall to another store, leaving the mall, getting in your car, and then driving the car to the entrance nearest the store you want to go to.

I've never understood it. It actually takes longer than walking (I've done 'bets' similar to Khaymen's).

guyinthebox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
coming from CA i resemble that remark! i don't complain about more work though, what happens happens. but i am lazy and love to procrastinate (it was the student motto of my high school), always wait till the last day to do my work. also like to stay in my PJ's when i go out cause i'm to lazy to change, then change back when i get back home.

Fine ^_^
I hate it when people who are obviously not handicapped, old enough, OR whatever-enough to use the automatic shopping carts in grocery stores, but do so anyway.
I'm talking to you, moderately fat people.
i've always wanted to use one of those things, but too embarrassed to go through with it.

guyinthebox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
You resemble it?

he was saying people from CA are lazy, or CA gives him a lot of examples of people being lazy. ether way i'm lazy and come from CA.

the 'I resemble that remark' is and old comedic line; there's examples of it on google, i would link them but i'm too lazy :laugh:

cornkid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
Man I have seen stuff like this alot. But I can't say a whole lot becuse I have my lazy momemts. But I know kids who use a backpack to hold there school stuff durring school( even thought they are not sopose to) instead of there locker. Althought it may just be to get to class on time.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
driving across town to save 10 cents a litre on gas, when the time you lose combined with the extra gas you use more than nullifies what you save?

Actually, people who run their tank near empty all the time AND PUT $5 OR $10 here and there DRIVE ME NUTS. I have had to rescue people who ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere before.

For one thing you can't track your mileage anywhere near as accurately or easily; it is because I noticed my range suddenly dropped that I knew to look for a problem... I hate filling up so the fewer times I need to do it the better.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I actually dislike lazy people, my best friend is the laziest person you'll ever meet. She never, NEVER wants to walk anywhere. I'll suggest walking to get a coffee, nope too far, or walking a few blocks after we get off the bus, nope, she'd rather wait half an hour and transfer instead of taking the 15 minute walk. Stairs? Forget it! She'll take the elevator.

It pisses me off, immensly. I have my lazy days, I'm sure everyone does.... but c'mon now.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I have sympathy for lazy people, at least many of them. I am one, in point of fact though not by nature

I actually wonder if there is such a thing as laziness as such... because while [usually] it describes a behaviour, people tend to associate the behaviour with an aspect of character, when any number of causes might cause the behaviour, most of which are things a person can't help - especially if this distinction doesn't occur to them: and who knows what might be behind the issue:

Sleep disorders: where a person has low mental or physical energy, and doesn't feel "up" to putting in much effort... many of these are people who burn the candle at both ends, screw with their sleep, and run a sleep debt... and even though they can make themselves do their job , and aren't sleepy during the day, they are in a perpetual state of "burnt out" and function at a sub-par level... It's been shown in studies of athletes that their performance will often be higher if they get their full 8 (or 10 or 12) hours of sleep than if they sacrifice an hour a day of sleep to get up early for an hour of practice...

[makes you wonder about the evil outdated tradition of making medical residents do 72 hour shifts as training to be a doctor... I mean for God's sake, unless they intend to be trauma surgeons in war zones where they must be able to perform sleep-deprived, what is the value in putting them through this baptism of fire? All it achieves is burned out, amphetamine-addicted and concentration-impaired doctors-in-training who do poor suturing, make judgement errors like misdiagnoses, get depressed, and make "oopsies" with the scalpel... or get turned off the whole thing and switch careers..."

Laziness, so-called, can be a matter of motivation problems, some of which are down to medical conditions, including phobias and ocd: some people really do have compulsive avoidance problems: like me... there was nothing like an essay deadline to get my kitchen sparkling! [and my essay put off, until the last minute... and an all nighter... and consequently more procrastination as I came to associate doing essays with all-nighters - an unpleasant association - and a learned response of avoidance...] damn those learned responses... Like do you automatically hit "tl:dr" when you see a post over 5 lines in length?

Then there are people who are driven by other fears or loves: say if you like efficiency for its own sake: minimum effort [or time spent or dollars outlaid] for a given result being an important esthetic to you...

I am just saying that what we label "lazy" is a description and we interpret the cause, or guess at the cause, and assume a person's behaviour to indicate an element of their character...

Often we look at their behaviour and think, " well if I acted that way, given who I am I would act in that manner only, or most likely, due to certain causes... and I must imagine they act in what I see as a lazy way for the same reasons as would make me act similarly...."

He never cleans his toilet because he doesn't care about hygeine or the esthetics of cleanliness... he is lazy... when in fact he is coprophobic [fear of shit] or the smell of ammonia hurts his nasal passages or he was traumatized by cruelly enforced potty-training...

She hates to take stairs over a fear of tripping and tumbling down them or because her fireman grandfather died in a stairwell...

or she hates to go for a walk because really long walks will make her joints and tendons hurt and she has a fear that walking will lead to pain, even when she knows a short walk will do no such thing... and she thinks irrational fears are embarrassing to identify and it is easier anyway to stick to cars than face fears [itself based on fear that having irrational fears means you are mentall ill...] or she simply loves the sensation of driving or being driven and automaticall opts for the car, leading to this being an ingrained reaction, leading to an automatic choice NOT to take a walk... where the subconscious has taken over to the point that she isn't even aware of the subconscious calling the shots...

Just saying.

I am not condoning bad or unproductive behaviour. I like to say, hypocrite that I am, there are reasons for all things, but there are no excuses.

Meaning whatever the reasons that lie behind your "lazy" behaviour it is up to you to figure them out and do something about it. Which of course takes effort, imagination, courage, assistance, money... any of which may be in short supply, leaving you... well, screwed: and subject to catch 22's chickens and eggs and so on.

I would be willing, maybe, to concede, that if - for whatever reasons - you are "lazy" and LIKE being that way - and given a choice, would NOT change how you are - I might be willing to call you "truly" [as opposed to " inadvertantly" lazy...

But that leads down more garden paths: why would a person choose to be lazy if they were offered the chance to not be? What if it is because of some manner of false reasoning, like they can't imagine what it would be like to enjoy effort, and assume it would feel as awful as exertion feels in their current state?

Oh yeah and what about oppositional defiance? People who resent being told, or made to do stuff... say the guy who hates his employer and does a half-assed job to "get back" at the employer... who sees hard workers as "company men" who let themselves be used by the under-paying greedy faceless corporation, and there is no way he is going to put any more profit into their coffers than he can help, and by god! he'll drag his feet unless he's going to be paid what he's actually worth instead of the pittance he is getting... His so-called "laziness" actually being an expression of his values [Workers unite! Down with the greedheads! ]

Now I claim I put some work into this post including all the typing in the next sentence... but I also neglected the period at the end of the first sentence, after nature... was this laziness? Are all writers of posts on the forums with poor punctuation lazy writers? What if they are exhausted by writing long or complicated posts or simply busy and would rather make more posts with some spelling errors than edit, word by word, their posts, when the lazily-written posts have the same readability and functionality as the ones with perfect spelling and punctuation?

Does a preference for disposables over cloth necessarily and always imply laziness? Automatic transmissions over standard ones? Slang over the queen's English? lossy algorithms over higher fidelity ones? Atheism over Religiosity?

Last edited:

diapersrulez

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
I know people like that, but only a very few

Myself, I am the opposite, I'm very active and inpatient on these kind of small thing. If I have to wait ten minutes for public transport, which will take me to my destination in 5 minutes, I'll rather walk 20 minutes because then I'm doing something :D

Status
Not open for further replies.