La Francophonie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zeit

Heyo,

Cette thread c'est juste pour le savoir s'il y en a des francophones au site de l'ADISC. Je sais qu'il y a plein des Canadien/nes maintenant mais est-ce qu'il y a des francos d'Europe ici aussi?

J'y viens de Quebec, ca s'explique mon facon d'ecrire pour le plupart.. lol.

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Moi je suis du belgique, mais n'a pas de la part francophone.

mais je parle un petit peu de français. un petit, petit peu :p

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Je ne parle pas francais (I know about the accents but it's just a pain in the ass to put those in)

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
AH! Salut! Je suis Franco-Ontarionian. Mon Français n'est pas très bon. Ah well. J'apprends toujours. I want to be fluent. I think that would be cool. Juste deux more semesters of French and I get a certificate from my school.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
C'est facile pour écrire les accents si on utilise Xorg/KDE :p.

Alors, je parle un peu de français parce que c'était obligatoire à mon univeristé.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Not French necessarily, just one of French, German, Spanish, or Russian (for science majors).

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Hello! I speak English. My name is Point. I am now sixteen years old. I come from Arizona. I like milk. It tastes good.

If speak me to like would you, send me a perennstrabun!

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
*cries in the corner because of his lack of knowledge and disability to speak french*

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
*cries in the corner because of his lack of knowledge and disability to speak french*
Are you taking a language in school? I don't mind not knowing French because I'm learning German :D

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Are you taking a language in school? I don't mind not knowing French because I'm learning German :D
Deutsch ist ja auch viel besser als Französisch! :tongueout:

And my French sucks - my teacher mostly spent his time telling stories about his journeys through France, so my class didn't learn a whole lot.

Peachy

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
And my French sucks - my teacher mostly spent his time telling stories about his journeys through France, so my class didn't learn a whole lot.
My French teacher had no control over the class what so ever, I recall one time this guy in my class got levitated ("light as a feather, stiff as a board") just in the middle of the class. The teacher couldn't stop it, he just waited until it was over. I leant practically no French that year!

Although maybe I'm not as bad as I think, because I get the gist of what people have posted here.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Deutsch ist ja auch viel besser als Französisch!
Thats no fair! You live in germany! Of course you can speak german!
My last name is german, apparently it means "Hot" lol i guess its descriptive of me!

Z

Zeit

Haha... around here if you learned your french through school, that's the only place you'll ever be able to use it. The dialect taught is a Parisian textbook one while the one I use on an everyday basis is the Quebecois "Joile" one.

The better you are at speaking it, the more likely people will think you're a chain-smoker :D

AH! Salut! Je suis Franco-Ontarionian. Mon Français n'est pas très bon. Ah well. J'apprends toujours. I want to be fluent. I think that would be cool. Juste deux more semesters of French and I get a certificate from my school.
An Ontariorian in our midst! My advice on becoming more fluent is to immerse yourself in the culture and practice everyday. I learnt most of my french at a summer camp; the english to french ratio was around 1:45 lol

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Thats no fair! You live in germany! Of course you can speak german!
My last name is german, apparently it means "Hot" lol i guess its descriptive of me!
:tongueout: Yeah, I was lucky - learned German as my first language and "only" had to deal with English in school, which is a lot easier in terms of grammar.
I'm wondering though if there are people with the last name "Ugly". I guess at the time when people got last names, your ancestors must have been either really good looking, or they continuously burned down their property. Sounds more exciting than my ancestors - they were just a mayor!

Haha... around here if you learned your french through school, that's the only place you'll ever be able to use it. The dialect taught is a Parisian textbook one while the one I use on an everyday basis is the Quebecois "Joile" one.
Is proper French and Québécois similar to British and Amercan English, or is the difference between French/Québécois significantly larger than between British/American English?
I seriously wonder what people would speak in America if they had decided to adopt German as their primary language. It would probably differ tremendously from proper German and be another accent, like Bavarian, Austrian or Swiss German...or Dutch :tongueout:

Peachy

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Depends if you speak typical Quebec French or if you speak relatively normally. :p
Quebec French uses a lot of expressions, that's why it can be so different. The accent is significantly different, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.