Kitten chewed through my cables

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I love my cats I have several but our kitten has taken to chewing through cables so last night when I came to use my pc it wouldn’t power on and I looked and there were bare wires and deep teeth marks, luckily it was unplugged and we have really good trip system but trying to replace a power supply for an Intel Nuc is proofing difficult as I can’t find one on Amazon and it’s expensive to replace the whole system, in Hindsight I would have gotten cable protectors, but my kitten is providing to be a little monster, he turns the bins out and even weighting the bins down doesn’t keep him out he finds a way to get in. I wouldn’t mind but the cost of replacing stuff is getting more and more expensive, one place wanted £50 just for a new cable, if he had chewed the lower half of my power supply I could have removed it and swapped it out for like £5 but the tip end of the power supply is moulded in and has about 12 chew marks which broke the cable, I tried repairing it and insulate it but there’s no sign off life left in it.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen, Jorelaxed and 1 other person

Turfy

ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Argh, I totally feel your pain. One of our cats used to have that habit on occasion when he was still more of a kitten, but our current problem is my dog, Lyrica. She has just now decided to take a liking to them, and has gone through 2 Lightning cables, a USB-C, and a micro-USB this week alone!
A7D05EE9-4298-476B-8C32-3F01820A46D4.jpeg
Too dern adorable to be mad at though! 🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: Kittyinpink

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Turfy said:
Argh, I totally feel your pain. One of our cats used to have that habit on occasion when he was still more of a kitten, but our current problem is my dog, Lyrica. She has just now decided to take a liking to them, and has gone through 2 Lightning cables, a USB-C, and a micro-USB this week alone!
View attachment 96819
Yeah they are too beautiful to be mad at. Our little black cat she doesn’t chew cables but decided she likes the taste of plastic so every rubbish sack we keep the recycling in she licks like it’s a lolly pop, I don’t see the attraction personally and I try to discourage it but cats will be cats

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I dunno.. maybe try putting some yukky tasting stuff on the wires ?
Maybe a sprinkle of ground white pepper ?
Or black sulphur salt ?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I'm lucky - My actually 7 months old kitty doesn't play with cables. Was a few hard to explain "it's not your toy," but today she ignore them.

Last edited:

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
But this is better than cables to play:

photo_2022-12-07_15-35-12.jpgphoto_2022-12-07_15-35-15.jpgphoto_2022-12-07_15-36-42.jpg

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Such a BAD KITTY !!! DO Hope you get it up going soon !!!
My kitty Scooter has a bad habit of chewing on my shoe laces !!!

Attachments

• Scooter 10.jpg
    Scooter 10.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: CrazySmoker and babyraggydolls

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Rita said:
Such a BAD KITTY !!! DO Hope you get it up going soon !!!
My kitty Scooter has a bad habit of chewing on my shoe laces !!!
Scooter is beautiful

Seasonedcitizen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Lowes/HomeDepot have plastic cables that are split. You just force the electronic cables through them after cutting the protectors to length.

mine shredded my house with their claws.

Kittyinpink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I was working for a gardening client yesterday and he warned me not to stroke the cat...
I did stroke and the cat was lovely 😍..
Then as I was chatting and showing off my amazing animal skills .. 🤣.. she showed me hers ! Ouch !
20221211_224947.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: chrischrischris

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Kittyinpink said:
I was working for a gardening client yesterday and he warned me not to stroke the cat...
I did stroke and the cat was lovely 😍..
Then as I was chatting and showing off my amazing animal skills .. 🤣.. she showed me hers ! Ouch !
View attachment 96863
I’ve had that happen, someone scammed me once and sold me a wild feral cat and it sunk its teeth in to my hands and wrist and needed to have antibiotics

Kittyinpink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
babyraggydolls said:
I’ve had that happen, someone scammed me once and sold me a wild feral cat and it sunk its teeth in to my hands and wrist and needed to have antibiotics
That sounds ouchy!

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
To my astonishment and relief, neither of our two cats has shown any interest in chewing wires or scratching furniture.

Unfortunately, one of them is rather fond of Christmas trees.

• Haha
Reactions: IcyBlue and Kittyinpink

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
One time I was getting ready for work and the cat snagged a very personal part of my anatomy.
You try to remove claws with out doing more damage. I was so careful. Don't get dressed in front of your cat being a guy. He may think you are playing with him.

• Wow
Reactions: IcyBlue and Kittyinpink

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
57E7B7EC-54A1-493C-AE92-DFC50D47E61B.gif

• Haha
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Cottontail, diapeybabybrian, CrazySmoker and 2 others

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
babyraggydolls said:
I love my cats I have several but our kitten has taken to chewing through cables so last night when I came to use my pc it wouldn’t power on and I looked and there were bare wires and deep teeth marks, luckily it was unplugged and we have really good trip system but trying to replace a power supply for an Intel Nuc is proofing difficult as I can’t find one on Amazon and it’s expensive to replace the whole system, in Hindsight I would have gotten cable protectors, but my kitten is providing to be a little monster...
1670853758674.pngOne of our cats is a "chewer". She chews everything cable-like and even plastic broom bristles. Our solution was to put wire protectors over the most likely targets (photo at right). She still sometimes tries to chew it, but gets discouraged quickly with the protector on it. The protector makes a louder crunching noise when chewed, so we catch her in the act. She stopped being a kitten over a decade ago. :giggle:

Reactions: diapeybabybrian

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
Oh, they do. Kittens chew through cables with the greatest of ease. It's frustrating. Even some adult cats can do it...

Back in early 2013, I'd moved into a place renting me a bedroom short-term and the gal renting the room to me had three cats, which is cool. Her cats were a striped grey, whose name I forgot; a black-ish cat named "Squeaks" because his meow was broken and he squeaked; and..."Abby", a female grey long-hair. I'd just moved in and set up living, including my TV and hard-wire surround-sound system. That night, at bedtime, Abby came into my room, hopped onto my bed and happily slept the night away; the next night, Squeaks decided to have a turn and sleep with me. Within minutes, Abby was at my doorway, caught the scene...and stared me down. I thought nothing of it and fell asleep.

Next morning, I got up, fired up the TV...no sound. I troubleshot for a moment, found the cause: my surround-sound wires were chewed through, completely...in multiple places between the TV and the speakers. That...was...odd. So I told the landlady the story, she asked about the cats, I told her about the deal...she got a knowing look on her face and said "A-ha. Abby saw you were with another cat and she got jealous. Abby's very possessive, very jealous, very neurotic and she got 'revenge' on you. I'm so sorry, can I pay you to replace the cord?" I told her it was okay, I'd buy new cord and fix it all but I'd keep my door latched from then on as it would not hold shut due to a busted latch. The latch got fixed, the door stayed closed and all was good in the jungle once more. 🥳

geka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Turfy said:
View attachment 96819
Turfy said:
View attachment 96819
I think our dogs are related

Attachments

• 1716C4E8-AFF5-4433-927C-F1DE7BB5D3C8.jpeg
    1716C4E8-AFF5-4433-927C-F1DE7BB5D3C8.jpeg
    548.3 KB · Views: 1

Kittyinpink

Est. Contributor
Role