• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

King Of The Hill Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
That suck, I always wanted a Beavis and Butt-Head/King of the Hill Crossover but that probably won't never happen.

S

Secret

Well it kinda did sorta, that guy driving the trailer around in the beavis in butthead movie is partialy based off of Hank Hill and he has the same voice actor.

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well it kinda did sorta, that guy driving the trailer around in the beavis in butthead movie is partialy based off of Hank Hill and he has the same voice actor.
Hank hill also had cameos throughout the series, tis why he was in the movie in the first place. Wackin in meh toolshed.

Also, if you listen really hard, you can tell that Hank is voiced by Mike Judge, who also does Butthead.

PS, I did however want to see Beavis and Butthead cameo in King of the Hill, but I think Judge killed them after before they (Beavis and Butthead) got the axe by MTV

cylenrii

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover,
oh man i love this show i cant beleive there gonna cancel it ima probably cry when i watch the las episode ;(

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I never really liked King of the Hill...I didn't find it funny...I found it kind of annoying actually...I don't see how American Dad is replacing it though since it already has it's own time spot...Maybe Cleveland's show from Family Guy, will replace it

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I liked King of the Hill :(

Screw you Fox!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I watched King of the Hill for quite a few years, but then drifted away. It was kind of funny, because there for a while, Fox was the only thing to watch on Sunday night, and they were all cartoons, like The Simpsons, etc. When my wife's mother would come to visit, she would say, "Does all t.v. have one now is cartoons?" We'd laugh to ourselves. Oh well, all good things come to an end, especially on television. Usually my wife and I are the kiss of death. If we really like something, rest assured it will be canceled.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Ah... I haven't seen King Of The Hill in ages... I think it's only on Skyone here...

But wow, I didn't know about this Family Guy Spinoff... Hopefully it won't be as terrible as I imagine it will be.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Its being replaced by the Cleveland show? Fox again makes a dumb move.

They get rid of all of their great Sunday lineups.

Futurama Which final new movie is out nov 4th

Family guy- TWICE

"Greg The Bunny" though it wasn't for everyone who couldn't put decency meters on hold.

"Titus" with Black humor not African American humor but humor that comes from being in a $^#&ed up family. and the only way to live is to laugh at it. Nothing else has touched that with a ten foot pole.

Firefly which wasn't given nearly as much press as their should of been. I was like what the hell cowboys in space but it really wasn't ANYTHING like that and that's how fox conveyed it to me.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I never much liked King of the Hill. Maybe I just didn't get most of the jokes, but I never really thought it was funny.

Still, Fox seems to have a history of cancelling really good shows, and I know how annoying it can be when something you really like is cancelled. And this Family guy spin-off looks like it'll be truly awful.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I never much liked King of the Hill. Maybe I just didn't get most of the jokes, but I never really thought it was funny.
This doesn't really surprise me. I would have classified a lot of it as American humor, pretty accurately identifying and skewering class and culture stereotypes. I've watched it on and off for its run and it has maintained a higher overall level of quality than the Simpsons, even if it never hit the early heights of that show. I'll miss having it around.

Still, Fox seems to have a history of cancelling really good shows, and I know how annoying it can be when something you really like is cancelled. And this Family guy spin-off looks like it'll be truly awful.
Unlike other Fox shows, at least this one did have a good run. 13 years is an impressive accomplishment. We only got that many episodes of 'Firefly'. Ah, well. One less thing on television to distract me.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
What??!!??

Noooooooooooooo!

Well... if it's like anything else, the show will only become more popular after it is cancelled.

Not that I really mind... but why is it that all the animation shows have to be borderline offensive with their material to be considered funny anymore? I thought King of the Hill was a nice conservative show that could be funny without being offensive.

Perhaps it is just desensitization of our culture... who knows.

As far as a Family Guy "spinoff" I don't think it will do very well... but the recent success of American Dad has taken off. Both of those shows are very edgy, and very different. Though they both touch on the same subjects they manage to be unique in their own ways. I think "The Cleveland Show" will just be a copy of Family Guy... but I guess Fox believed that the black folks needed their own animation too. Yay for playing the race card!

NAACP: "Fox, you've got 3 hit animation shows with all-white main characters. We don't think that the African American viewers are being represented here."

I guess that's what they get for canning the Cosby Show and Fresh Prince so long ago.

F

FullMetal

OK, here is my take on it. I did not like the show. I think I had some traumatic event in my life which made me hate the south or something. Whenever I watch something from like a southerner view point, not even hicks or hillbillies, I just get really mad. I know this is a bad bias and I am not sure where it stems from, but it is there.

Though, I am sorry that you guys lost a show you loved. If I lost House, I would go on strike, but since they just gave Hugh a big raise, I don't think that is happening for a while :D

Anyway, sorry for the loss, all shows must end at one point, and 13 seasons is a lot for a show, isn't it?

FullMetal

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What is meant by the final new movie of Futurama?
Well you know that Futurama has been canceled for a while now...Well the creators decided to release 3-4 movies within this past year or so...They run them on Comedy Central (since they own Futurama now)...They aren't like super theatrical release movies, and Comedy Central liked to pass them off in several parts and say they are new episodes...But yeah...The newest one is Bender's Game (Supposed to be like the book "Ender's Game)...There was also Bender's Big Score, and Beast with a Billion Backs (I thought there was another one...)

Role
Diaper Lover
That is what I thought, somewhat. Why is it that Fox has to have Black characters, this is affirmative action at its worst, how about the NAACP starts a network themselves, so they can hopefully make up for the way African Americans, (BLACKS!) are represented on television. (Stupid, rich, abandoning their families etc.) How about instead of complaining, take action, too many stereotypes on Black people that are negative, the ONLY good one I can think of is athletic ability. Man up NAACP, make your own shows, overwrite the previous negative stereotypes.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
OK, here is my take on it. I did not like the show. I think I had some traumatic event in my life which made me hate the south or something. Whenever I watch something from like a southerner view point, not even hicks or hillbillies, I just get really mad. I know this is a bad bias and I am not sure where it stems from, but it is there.
And all of us Southerners think people from Jersey are arseholes... so don't feel bad about hating us... we hate you too. :laugh:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
What is meant by the final new movie of Futurama?
about a year ago the crew of futurama got the rights from Fox to do 3 futurama full length films straight to dvd. They got all the original voice actors and even got some good guest stars to come back as their roles as well. Comedy Central airs these movies in 4 part episodes claim them to be "new" episodes and a full 12 episode season.

Anyways the first two movies "Benders Big Score" and "The Beast With A Billion Backs" are already out and carry off where the show pretty much left of when it was canceled. "The beast with a billion backs" takes place directly after "Benders Big Score". So they should be watched in the correct order.

The new and last one is called "Benders Game". All I know about is the crew of planet express is playing a game in the style of Dungeons and Dragons. But the last two were pretty good and I am sure this one will be too and this should be the last time we ever see futurama again sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.