Juvenile Diapers You Would Like To See In Adult Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

daipe

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I seriously wouldn't mind, but I'd love to see all kinds of different larger versions of all kinds of baby diapers and pull ups. However, I'd prefer if they didn't overdo it with prints, and that the diaper feels nice and not cheap, but at the same time I want the diaper to be cheap :lol:.

F

Falkio

Pampers Cruisers hands down.

I've been waiting for a company to actually manufacture a replica baby diaper in adult sizes. I was so excited to try Cushies, because they reminded me of a juvenile diaper I had seen once before. If someone could do it, I'd switch to that brand forever! It would have to be cloth-backed, have stretchy sides, and have cute designs on them. Color would be an important factor too.

I don't care what they cost honestly. The novelty alone would be worth it for me.

AlexRianSabaw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Luvs with Blues Clues or the late 90's, early 00's pull-ups with the fading star designs

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I would love to see the old Huggies thick diapers from the 80's in big kid sizes. They are super thick and noisy. One time they had Huggies with Disney characters on them. They were super cute.
h86b-th.jpg

NahSon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Libero diapers i guess, those are those we bought when i used them anyway.

I think they are Swedish, but they are common all over Scandinavia, and parts of Europe.

Up & Go (Pull ups, really
LiberoUpGoXLpb.jpg

and Comfort Fit:

Libero-XL-pb.jpg

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Considering that KCWW owns both Huggies and Depend brands, there is no legal reason why those divisions cannot share R&D. Frankly it is commonly believed KCWW has re-purposed technology for many years. They must have marketing and business reasons for not making larger GoodNites and Huggies.

The situation with P&G is far more complicated. Years ago P&G sold their Attends factories and brands in North America to a firm then called Paper Pak Corp. Eventually that name was changed to Attends Health Care. In the rest of the world P&G still owns all rights to Attends. P&G also owns all rights to Pampers, Baby Dry and Luvs worldwide. So, outside North America P&G freely re-purposes R&D between Pampers and Attends.

In North America the contract precludes P&G from making significantly larger "baby" disposables. Clearly they had plans for larger Cruisers beyond Size 7 when they invented the machines used to make those. Then came the lack of interest from customers. Parents did not seem to need Size 7 for taller toddlers because several brands of Pull-ups were available at competitive pricing. P&G has never disclosed the upper limits of "significantly larger"

Currently the smallest diapers made by Attends Health Care are the Youth Briefs which are classic tape-on poly-plastic shell. They will snug down on hips less than 20" and stretch to nearly 30" hips. The weight range is listed as 85 to 100 pounds, but they work fine on people weighing 80 pounds to 110 or so pounds. The official height range is 4'10" to 5'2" yet they work well on people shorter than 4'4" to as tall as 5'4" Attends Health Care also makes Extra Absorbent Small Briefs which have re-positionable tabs and a cloth-like outer shell. They are listed to cover about the same size as Youth, except the upper official range for hips is 32" In practice with Breathable EA Small the limit seems to be size of the upper thighs. I should also point out both Youth and EA Small fit a far wider range of petite women. Probably the official size range is for slender men.

What I would love to see would be the DryMax technology and the outer shell/fastening system of Cruisers be incorporated in Attends Breathable EA. My experience is the Cruisers are more supple and flexible. When dry the inner core is far softer. Since the introduction of DryMax Cruisers I find when I convert them to become my disposable slip-in pads my time between changes has increased from 3 to 4 hours. Therefore I need the extra capacity of Breathable Small much less often. I have reduced my routine order of Breathable from a case every month to a case every third month, for a significant cash savings. However, if Attends or another maker of adult disposables, could reproduce the comfort and capacity of Cruisers in adult sizes with 2 tabs per side, I would buy more of them and fewer ordinary Size 4 Cruisers,

Since I am not in my AB mood when I wear disposables, I could care less about decorations. So far the decorations on the Cruisers I use as pads has not caused me any embarrassment.

Clearly ABU and even Bottom Half Group are unwilling to make adult small disposables. Neither of their medium have ever fit me correctly. The original Bambino Classico Small never really were comfortable on me, but apparently they are discontinued.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I really wish those libero diapers were available in stores in the US. That would be awesome!

LeonSoryu117

Moderated
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Sissy
I would like to see some pampers from 95-00 (When I was in diapers). Hahaha. I was a cool baby with pampers, can't beat that xD

waslost1234abc

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
unfortunately sca which owns the tena brand which produces the libero brand, has no plans to sell the oversized brand in the usa....i have already checked. i posted actual pictures of the libero brand in an earlier post on this thread and they are sold online...although all the sites i have found are not in english....google translator works but not 100 percent so its difficult to tell if they will ship to the usa.....i have my suspicions they wont because over time it would effectively introduce the brand to the usa when sca has no intentions of doing so.....sad...very sad...these have extremely stretchy tapes and cute prints....they are extremely popular in countries like russia ukraine denmark germany etc. and as mentioned in the previous post the comfort fit size 7 xl is rated to 7o lbs! so think of a size 7 pampers cruisers but twice the size and just as cute.....

NahSon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
posted actual pictures of the libero brand in an earlier post on this thread and they are sold online...although all the sites i have found are not in english....google translator works but not 100 percent so its difficult to tell if they will ship to the usa..... and as mentioned in the previous post the comfort fit size 7 xl is rated to 7o lbs! so think of a size 7 pampers cruisers but twice the size and just as cute.....

I'm Norwegian, if you find a site in Swedish, Norwegian, or Danish i might be able to help you with translating for you, it's better than google translate, right? =D

waslost1234abc

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I'm Norwegian, if you find a site in Swedish, Norwegian, or Danish i might be able to help you with translating for you, it's better than google translate, right? =D

i beleive the site is in danish...its a site in denmark... i sent you a private message with the details...i also sent you a pm previous which you havent responded to yet....just respond when you get a chance...

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

note the fact they sell bambino diapers on their site....makes you wonder....

NahSon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
problem, that site is in German, and is German. Tip:

.de is germany .dk is Denmark

As for PMs it is a bit hard to answer, it won't let me, says i don't have permission? Newbie thing i guess?

LinkFloyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Anyway back on topic. I would love to see the older pull-ups made into adult sizes.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
what i would LOVE is for Goodnites to make a larger size with something like the depends adjustables or just a tape on goodnites DIAPER in a larger size aswell which i think would be to bad for goodnites i think they woul sell better with the society getting larger in size or being obese and thye could sell these easily i think

noblelordflash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Definitely Goodnights -- right on.

Also -- The Stig FTW. You probably hear that all the time but damn. Awesome!

hush

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would love to see adult sized diapers that have Marvel Super Hero Squad characters on them. I think that would motivated me to tell my fiance. LoL

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
what i would LOVE is for GoodNites to make a larger size with something like the depends adjustables or just a tape on GoodNites DIAPER in a larger size as well which i think would be to bad for GoodNites i think they would sell better with the society getting larger in size or being obese and they could sell these easily i think

Huggies are products for babies and toddlers. GoodNites are products for older kids and smaller teens. Depends are products for incontinent people too large for Huggies and GoodNites. All are divisions of KCWW, so they legally can and do share research and patents. For example, KCWW introduced the cloth-like outer shell in Huggies because their market research suggested mothers dislike the sensation of poly-plastic against their arms while carrying a diapered infant. Soon KCWW found the advantage of cloth-like was a vast increase in the shelf-life of disposables and less damage during shipping.

The improved stretch of cloth-like allowed Huggies Pull-Ups to function. Even before KCWW had totally perfected the manufacturing process of Pull-Ups they introduced GoodNites as a discreet way for kids older than toddlers to have bedwetting protection. When KCWW market research discovered that most people with incontinence and who were too large for GoodNites do not need conventional adult diapers, and do not want to learn to put on conventional tape-on briefs, Depend started making pull-on disposable absorbent undies.

The difficult thing making adult diapers is that adult body types vary so much. Pull-on disposables will always be problematic when the waist is nearly as large as the hips, leaving nowhere for the waist elastic to cinch-in for a grip. Until a better stretch material for disposables was perfected, Depend added adjustment hook & loop tabs to adult pull-on they called Adjustable Undies. Once Depend was confident with the improved stretchy material, when discontinued production of the tab adjustable undies.

You will have observed that Huggies Pull-Ups cost significantly more that Huggies diapers. GoodNites cost more than Huggies Pull-Ups. Depend adult pull-on Undies cost more than GoodNites. Clearly KCWW market research has told them that the vast majority of adults buying incontinence products are not infantilists. Therefore Depend are normally sold in a different part of a store than baby diapers. If KCWW had market research suggesting larger GoodNites could be sold at the same profit margin as Depend, they would be marketed. As it is, with the improved stretchy material, the smaller Depend Undies snug down to fit people still slender enough for the larger GoodNites. The smaller GoodNites snug down enough to fit people who could still wear Huggies Pull-Ups. The smaller Pull-Ups fit toddlers who can effectively wear Huggies. Certainly KCWW saw the problems P&G has selling Cruisers Size 7, so they stopped R&D on larger Huggies. For sure KCWW research found that in bed for many kids conventional disposables leak less than Pull-Ups. Market research suggests that parents resist buying larger conventional disposables in North America.

Bottom line is that as long as KCWW makes a substantial profit with Huggies, GoodNites and Depend as separate divisions, they are not going to change just because *B/DL want larger products. KCWW knows all about ABU and Bambino. If they wanted into the *B/DL market, they would make products to rival Bambino. Of course, it could be that the same stockholders have ownership of Bottom Half Group and KCWW. Maybe those companies contract production from the same factories and possible even use the same machines on different days?

anotherpuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Pullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullupspullups!
Which he guesses means Goodnites or something, but pup was raised in the '80s and doesn't remember what was on those labels.

Why are manufacturers so stingy with absorbency? The gel exists, and if there's enough of it to wick fast, the waist and leg 'seals' aren't as important, especially for somethin' they sell to wear under pants that should hold them in place. Seems like 'hold-less sell-more' is a mantra there.

Status
Not open for further replies.