Juul Advertising

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
... the vape industry has been self regulating for the better part of a decade
The lack of self-regulation in the American vape industry is the topic in today's news. The FDA is even being sued for their delay in implementing e-cig regulations!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/11/american-teenage-e-cigarette-use-cdc-study

But, just as big tobacco companies lobbied the government to avoid health warnings and allow advertising... the big vape companies are also campaigning against regulation. They know that getting teens to vape an addictive substance at a young age will make them the most profit.

That's not what a well-regulated industry looks like.

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
we are against how they lable things a vape mod is not nicotine yes we should be allowed to know what we are inhaling i agree there its not 100% safe anyone who vapes will tell you that i tried all other methods to quit and they disnt work so i vape

Last edited:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Did you not see the video I posted that proves that you're completely wrong? What difference would it make to your argument if Juul had taken such actions voluntarily?

Hahaha!!! You mean like how the cigarette industry was (clearly not) killed off overnight when people realised that cigarettes are unhealthy? People didn't stop buying cigarettes when they knew they were harmful. And cigarette manufacturers didn't stop using additives such as ammonia, that freebase nicotine to make cigarettes even more addictive.

In the US, the public can legally eat chlorinated chicken or meat pumped full of artificial growth hormones, whereas that's illegal in the EU. Businesses in the EU aren't more "self-regulating" than American ones, they have to obey the law. It's pretty naive to think that harmful products should be formally unregulated.

And AS I HAVE SHOWN the vape industry is NOT self-regulating. Advertising regulators had to step in to BAN the advert. Government regulators had to come in to ban e-cig advertising in general. Regulations governing the legal ingredients of vape-juice were drawn up. None of this would be necessary if the e-cig industry had been self-regulating.

No offence, but suggesting that it's safe to vape an ingredient because it's found in cheese is utterly ridiculous.

By that logic, since water is used in foods and medicines too, inhaling it must be harmless. I guess drowning doesn't really exist.
Ill refute the rest of this after work, but your still ignoring how juul took all those steps voluntarily. The government didnt do anything. Your arguments seem goid when you complete ignore reality. Also stop with the fallacies if you could, they get grating after awhile. I never made that argument. You dont even understand what my argument was.

Last edited:

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Ill refute the rest of this after work, but your still ignoring how juul took all those steps voluntarily.
What difference would it make if they did?! You said:

The government never had to do anything, the vape industry has been self regulating for the better part of a decade
I have proven you wrong!

In any case, even when you try to change the argument and make it about Juul, you're still wrong. Clearly Juul did not voluntarily avoid advertising if there's a Juul TV advert (which presumably came out in the past ten years)! :LOL:

Last edited:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
What difference would it make if they did?! You said:

I have proven you wrong!

In any case, even when you try to change the argument and make it about Juul, you're still wrong. Clearly Juul did not voluntarily avoid advertising if there's a Juul TV advert (which presumably came out in the past ten years)! :LOL:
so i was proven wrong when a vape company acted against its own interests to make it harder for underaged people to get them. Good point.

You can sue for anything, that doesn't make your claim valid.

Any other nonsense to sliing?

Last edited:

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
so i was proven wrong when a vape company acted against its own interests to make it harder for underaged people to get them. Good point.
For the LAST TIME, you said that:

the vape industry has been self regulating for the better part of a decade
Providing one example of a vape company "self-regulating" does NOT prove that such regulation is sufficient, NOR does it prove that the entire vape industry has been self-regulating. AS I HAVE DEMONSTRATED.

If you can't understand that, then there is no point in discussing this any further.

Last edited:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
For the LAST TIME, you said that:

Providing one example of a vape company "self-regulating" does NOT prove that such regulation is sufficient, NOR does it prove that the entire vape industry has been self-regulating. AS I HAVE DEMONSTRATED.

If you can't understand that, then there is no point in discussing this any further.
One example doesn't prove your point either, if it doesn't prove mine.

I also demonstrated how dishonest the media has been on vaping elsewhere in the thread, so a news article isnt proof, sorry.

Once again, just because you sue doesn't mean your claim is valid.

When you have credible evidence your points will have merit. A news article doesn't fulfil that requirement. Especially when the statistics the article is based on dont prove a lack of self regulation in the slightest. Tobacco has government regulations and underaged people still almost entirely make up new users. Ignoring reality again i see.

https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-development/substance-use/drugs/tobacco/trends/index.html

It would help if you looked at what i meant by self regulating too. It was used in the sense that people dont give their money to a company acting inappropriately, and eventually they go out out of business. i never claimed we are out arresting people. Thats why i asked you to lay off the fallacies earlier. I stated what i meant, you are trying to twist definitions to make a point.

Last edited:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Sigh. That's exactly what you're doing and you know it. Go and re-read your previous posts.
I will when you actually read them for the first time, because you obviously didn't. I even blatantly explained this in another post. Go figure.

Care to answer the rest ? Ive proven the point moot anyway. That article doesn't demonstrate a lack of either definition. Unless you are arguing the government doesn't regulate tobacco anyway.

Edit:

Actually while you're at it, quote where i said i was against more government regulations too.

Oh, and do 30 seconds of googling next time.

https://medicalobserverph.com/self-regulation-and-discourse-keys-in-vaping-industry/

Last edited:

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Stop embarrassing yourself. Like I said, there's no point discussing this any further if you can't understand your own arguments. Come back when you have a coherent point to make.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Stop embarrassing yourself. Like I said, there's no point discussing this any further if you can't understand your own arguments. Come back when you have a coherent point to make.
I by definition cant not understand my own arguments. How stupid are you? Talk about embarrassing yourself. Isn't that funny, its no longer worth discussing when you're proven wrong.shocker.

Last edited:

Bass

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Thats entirely your right, but you are choosing to forego the option that is at least 95 percent less damaging than cigarettes out of annoyance.
Source

There is so much misinformation in this thread. Ill be editing citations and responses to other
posts shortly.

EDIT:

Yeah the vaping community had issues with their advertising well before the government stepped in. We have always enforced those rules on ourselves. We know that any slight will be one more piece of evidence vaping needs to be banned despite all evidence to the contrary, and its A LOT of evidence at this point.

That is a legal requirement because the federal government considers them a tobacco product. No reputable peer reviewed study has even found carcinogens in vapor products. They actually found they help reverse certain damage, such as the conditions that cause COPD. Propylene glycol is used to treat air in hospitals , because of its anti bacterial and hydrophilic properties, for petes sake.

Whats more wrong? Banning the most effective tobacco harm reduction tool man has ever created, or kids getting addicted to something that is slightly more addictive than caffeine when not combined with all the additives in tobacco. By the way, tobacco is the leading cause of preventable death globally. I know which is immoral. Nicotine isnt even in the top 5 most addictive things in cigarettes.
Forbes article discussing this.
I can link multiple studies here but the article is more user friendly.

Thats also before a substance caused by the steeping process of ejuice, nicotyrine, inhibits the enzymes in the lung and liver that deal with nicotine metabolization. That means you need less nicotine, less often, to be satisfied.

Nicotyrine study

There's not a single thing about vaping the media has fear mongered over that has scientific backing. Im being entirely literal here.
Or just because I like them. If I wanted to quit so bad I would. It’s not really fair for you to make assumptions like that, you know.

xionghaizi

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
i heard a ecig commercial on the radio when i was still a kid, i didn't think much about it till i was 19 and thought about that radio commercial i heard as a kid, and thought that if it wasn't real cigarettes i wanted one, i originally was just going to get one for a friend who smoked real cigarettes. now I've vaped since was 19.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Or just because I like them. If I wanted to quit so bad I would. It’s not really fair for you to make assumptions like that, you know.
The reason is secondary to why the action itself is objectionable. So no problem with fairness.

Edit:
Hold up, you said that was your reason.

Last edited:

HappyNotHappy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Vaping is the heart attack and stroke minus the cancer, it’s not safe

Last edited:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Vaping is the heart attack and stroke minus the cancer, it’s not safe
Sorry, science disagrees. In fact, one of the oldest and most respected medical organizations in the world came to the conclusion that they were 95 percent less harmful than cigarettes, at minimum. Their study examined every metric of concern over a significant time period.

Had you read the studies you quoted before deleting, you would know this. Please stop spreading propaganda about one of the greatest potential tools to prevent death and disease in recent history. You are potentially scaring someone from switching. If you oppose those things, which everyone with empathy should, you wouldn't continue.

Last edited:

HappyNotHappy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Sorry, science disagrees. In fact one of the oldest and most respected medical organizations in the world came to the conclusion that they were 95 percent less harmful than cigarettes, at minimum.

Had you read the studies you quoted before deleting, you would know this.

First off anyone can do a study and pay for it to say whatever the company wants it to say and second off nicotine restricts blood vessels ... there’s your stroke and and when blood vessels restrict it puts more stress on the heart to push the blood through the body (stroke volume) and it also increases heart rate... there’s your heart attack. Keep vaping for 30 yes it won’t end well and it doesn’t take a study to tell you that, it’s not that complicated, it logic

HappyNotHappy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
First off anyone can do a study and pay for it to say whatever the company wants it to say and second off nicotine restricts blood vessels ... there’s your stroke and and when blood vessels restrict it puts more stress on the heart to push the blood through the body (stroke volume) and it also increases heart rate... there’s your heart attack. Keep vaping for 30 yes it won’t end well and it doesn’t take a study to tell you that, it’s not that complicated, it logic

Attachments

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Lol you sound like someone with a nicotine addiction who is in denial. Not smoking and not Vaping l!! is way way way healthier and that’s simple common sense.

Have a nice day
Sorry, the guy who would rather be right than preventing the leading cause preventable death GLOBALLY, doesnt have single point to make. Your literally almost hitler. By the way ONCE AGAIN HAD YOU ACTUALLY READ THE STUDIES, you would know nicotine shares almost the same addiction and harm profile as caffeine when removed from tobacco. Im going to continue hammering your psychopathy until you get the point. Feel free to continue.

Actually tobacco kills more people annually than the holocaust, to drive the point even further. Every year, 7 million people. Youre advocating that unapologetically.

Last edited: