Juul Advertising

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
Ohh, that's a lot tamer than I was expecting! Check out this ad that aired in the UK (before being banned):

Jesus Christ lol

That's something else. Hilariously bad. Though I can't be upset at it because at least they're definitely not targeting kids with this nor deceiving anyone.

Last edited:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Jesus Christ lol

That's something else. Hilariously bad. Though I can't be upset at it because at least they're definitely not targeting kids with this nor deceiving anyone.
Its not blatantly obvious satire or anything.

This add isnt even for juul. Juul is a specific product, not a generalized term for all vapes. I feel like it weakens their point, and i agree with their position.

Though i would point out all actions taken by juul where voluntarily imposed on themselves. The suspended there 2 flavors that each outsold the others combined even. Pulled their products from the areas causing the problems, despite that being 80 percent of their market. That wasn't even all. Theyre still handling the situation months later, still voluntarily. You can sign up for their newsletter if you want to see it in action. I believe they just brought those two flavors back, but only through online purchase with the same stringent age verification process its always been.

Edit:
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/juul-reveals-plan-snuff-out-e-cigarette-use-among-kids-n935746

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/09/juul-to-stop-selling-mango-other-e-cigarette-flavors-in-stores.html

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/13/juul-stops-selling-e-cigarette-flavors-social-media-promotions/

This last one being about the volentary suspension of advertising on, and the deletion of, their social media.

Last edited:

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Jesus Christ lol

That's something else. Hilariously bad.
Incredible, innit? It's like vape advertising companies had a conversation like this:

We've got to come up with an advert for an e-cigarette. Hmmm...
Well, what worked last time cigarette advertising was legal?
Check out these ads from the 60s...
Wow. I guess horny-looking women persuade people to inhale nicotine vapour.
Yep.
Let's go with that, then.

Though I can't be upset at it because at least they're definitely not targeting kids with this nor deceiving anyone.
Ah, such innocent thoughts, Sheepies! Buuuuut... think about it... Isn't that advert more aimed at teenage boys...? If I was a 14 year old boy and that advert came on the TV... I'd want my parents out of the room, if you know what I mean... :whistle: And that's the optimal "age of opportunity" if you want to instil a profitable nicotine addiction in someone...

E-cigarette advertising is banned now, anyway. I'm not sure if it was due to sensible health regulations or just because the adverts were so bad...

Last edited:

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
like i said advertising to kids is wrong but vaping is better than smoking nd id you look into what makes the vapor it is in other prosucts propylene glycol is in ashmal inhalers and ice cream vegetable glycerin makes your skin soft and nicotine is in potatoes and eggplant etc so why is everyone not dying from those

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Incredible, innit? It's like vape advertising companies had a conversation like this:

We've got to come up with an advert for an e-cigarette. Hmmm...
Well, what worked last time cigarette advertising was legal?
Check out these ads from the 60s...
Wow. I guess horny-looking women persuade people to inhale nicotine vapour.
Yep.
Let's go with that, then.

Ah, such innocent thoughts, Sheepies! Buuuuut... think about it... Isn't that advert more aimed at teenage boys...? If I was a 14 year old boy and that advert came on the TV... I'd want my parents out of the room, if you know what I mean... :whistle: And that's the optimal "age of opportunity" if you want to instil a profitable nicotine addiction in someone...

E-cigarette advertising is banned now, anyway. I'm not sure if it was due to sensible health regulations or just because the adverts were so bad...
Every country other than the US has been pushing people to vaping as much as possible. Turns out when you have socialized medicine, a 95 percent minimum reduction in harm to health, oddly isnt seen as a threat.

Juul is a specific product, that this add isnt for. People never talk about how juul volentarily crippled their business in every way to adress underage use, and are still working on it months later. The government never had to do anything, the vape industry has been self regulating for the better part of a decade
like i said advertising to kids is wrong but vaping is better than smoking nd id you look into what makes the vapor it is in other prosucts propylene glycol is in ashmal inhalers and ice cream vegetable glycerin makes your skin soft and nicotine is in potatoes and eggplant etc so why is everyone not dying from those
My favorite thing to do to people who oppose vaping in the face of the overwhelming evidence, is to offer them a hundred dollars if they can find 10 items in their house that contain neither vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol, 2 of the 3 ingredients in eliquid. Its win win. Either im right an they reconsider their views, or they have enough to buy a couple bottles of shampoo.

Last edited:

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
it really is amazing how know one looks into the ingredients before bashing vaping like you said juul is one part of the vaping community not all of the vaping commumity i have been vaping 7 years one month and im doing just fine

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
The government never had to do anything, the vape industry has been self regulating for the better part of a decade
Huh?! You think the advert I linked to was a responsible self-regulated way to advertise a harmful medical product, and that it was a mistake to ban it and other e-cig adverts? :unsure:

Could a purveyor of addictive drugs ever be "self-regulating"? Outside the EU where such things are illegal, isn't the vape industry promoting sweet flavourings and other drugs like caffeine to create a new market of users who are harming themselves by vaping instead of engaging in harm-reduction?

My favorite thing to do to people who oppose vaping in the face of the overwhelming evidence, is to offer them a hundred dollars if they can find 10 items in their house that contain neither vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol, 2 of the 3 ingredients in eliquid. Its win win. Either im right an they reconsider their views, or they have enough to buy a couple bottles of shampoo.
Whaaa....??? Oh look! I found some cheese! It probably contains vegetable glycerin! That means vaping cheese is healthy! Yay! Free shampoo! :ROFLMAO:

I'd be more concerned about the flavourings, anyway. The regulations around them are pretty sketchy.

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
we are doing alot less harm to ourselves by vaping insead of smoking please stop with the fear mongering it is my right as welll as anyone else to vape

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
we are doing alot less harm to ourselves by vaping insead of smoking please stop with the fear mongering it is my right as welll as anyone else to vape
No one is telling you not to vape or that you can't vape

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think the thing that most of us are saying is that you cant really be sure how much "safer" vaping is compared to Smoking and with both they shouldn't be doing advertising in places that get a lot of views from Kids and Teenagers.

The thing with Vaping is there is no "Standard" there is such a wide variation between what is in the liquid for Vapes depending on brand and even in the same brand they will probably offer different kinds of Vape Liquid; whether the variation is in the Nicotine level, Chemical Make-Up (what kind of additives are in it) or whatever else.

When one is an adult, informed, and knows the dangers; by all means allow them to Smoke or Vape; but those companies shouldn't be able to omit the possible dangers while promoting only the positive things about their product.

Last edited:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
I think the thing that most of us are saying is that you cant really be sure how much "safer" vaping is compared to Smoking and with both they shouldn't be doing advertising in places that get a lot of views from Kids and Teenagers.

The thing with Vaping is there is no "Standard" there is such a wide variation between what is in the liquid for Vapes depending on brand and even in the same brand they will probably offer different kinds of Vape Liquid; whether the variation is in the Nicotine level, Chemical Make-Up (what kind of additives are in it) or whatever else.

When one is an adult, informed, and knows the dangers; by all means allow them to Smoke or Vape; but those companies shouldn't be able to omit the possible dangers while promoting only the positive things about their product.
There are 4 ingredients for in every juice ever made. Vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, nicotine and flavoring

Huh?! You think the advert I linked to was a responsible self-regulated way to advertise a harmful medical product, and that it was a mistake to ban it and other e-cig adverts? :unsure:

Could a purveyor of addictive drugs ever be "self-regulating"? Outside the EU where such things are illegal, isn't the vape industry promoting sweet flavourings and other drugs like caffeine to create a new market of users who are harming themselves by vaping instead of engaging in harm-reduction?

Whaaa....??? Oh look! I found some cheese! It probably contains vegetable glycerin! That means vaping cheese is healthy! Yay! Free shampoo! :ROFLMAO:

I'd be more concerned about the flavourings, anyway. The regulations around them are pretty sketchy.
Did you miss the part where juul took all these actions voluntarily?

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Okay, so there are 4 ingredients in all Vape Juice, that doesn't say anything about what else could be in Vape Juice; that is just a start; so AFAIK my point still stands.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Okay, so there are 4 ingredients in all Vape Juice, that doesn't say anything about what else could be in Vape Juice; that is just a start; so AFAIK my point still stands.
Having a minimum standard for the conditions and testing juice manufactures must maintain is another self imposed standard from within the industry.

Businesses that dont act appropriately die from lack of sales.

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Having a minimum standard for the conditions and testing juice manufactures must maintain is another self imposed standard from within the industry.

Well, that's good then if it really means they are gonna stick to only a few ingredients that all seem to be relatively safe; even though "Safer" could still mean something can cause a Detriment to ones health.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Well, that's good then if it really means they are gonna stick to only a few ingredients that all seem to be relatively safe; even though "Safer" could still mean something can cause a Detriment to ones health.
I linked the study earlier. 95 percent less harmful than smoking at minimum. That came from one of the oldest and most well respected medical organizations in the world.
https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/outputs/nicotine-without-smoke-tobacco-harm-reduction-0

No one is saying they are harmless. Its about harm reduction. Its the same reason needles exchanges exist, or places that provide condoms for free.

No offense meant, but you missed every single facet of that argument, with the exception of exactly why its tongue in cheek.

Last edited:

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
there is always the possibility that vaping is not 100% safe but what is nicotine levels are pretty consistent bit they may vary either way foe mw thw health benefits outway the the risk

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role

there is always the possibility that vaping is not 100% safe but what is nicotine levels are pretty consistent bit they may vary either way foe mw thw health benefits outway the the risk
Thats exactly my point, its harm reduction not elimination.

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
as am ex smoker i underatand the risk at least i am trying to better my health and your right there are no more than four engredients and the flavorings re used in fooda and medicines so they are safe

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Did you miss the part where juul took all these actions voluntarily?
Did you not see the video I posted that proves that you're completely wrong? What difference would it make to your argument if Juul had taken such actions voluntarily?

Hahaha!!! You mean like how the cigarette industry was (clearly not) killed off overnight when people realised that cigarettes are unhealthy? People didn't stop buying cigarettes when they knew they were harmful. And cigarette manufacturers didn't stop using additives such as ammonia, that freebase nicotine to make cigarettes even more addictive.

In the US, the public can legally eat chlorinated chicken or meat pumped full of artificial growth hormones, whereas that's illegal in the EU. Businesses in the EU aren't more "self-regulating" than American ones, they have to obey the law. It's pretty naive to think that harmful products should be formally unregulated.

And AS I HAVE SHOWN the vape industry is NOT self-regulating. Advertising regulators had to step in to BAN the advert. Government regulators had to come in to ban e-cig advertising in general. Regulations governing the legal ingredients of vape-juice were drawn up. None of this would be necessary if the e-cig industry had been self-regulating.

No offense meant, but you missed every single facet of that argument, with the exception of exactly why its tongue in cheek.
No offence, but suggesting that it's safe to vape an ingredient because it's found in cheese is utterly ridiculous.

...the flavorings re used in fooda and medicines so they are safe
By that logic, since water is used in foods and medicines too, inhaling it must be harmless. I guess drowning doesn't really exist.

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
inhaping water vapor is different and i didnt imply anything as i said i wouldnt
encourage kids to vape or smoke

Last edited: