Juul Advertising

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
Does anyone else get really upset at Juul advertising? For one, they advertised on social media around minors. Secondly their ads (at least the ones I've heard on the radio) make smoking their products sound like a genuinely healthy activity with the only disclaimer being "warning this product contains nicotine a highly addictive substance."

Smoking of any kind is NOT healthy no ifs ands or buts about it. Not where your lungs are concerned. Sure some forms of smoking are less damaging than others like vapor being less damaging than cigarettes, but passing it off as a healthy and life changing activity like they do is just so scummy and dangerous. Really gets me going.

What are you guys' thoughts?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I've never heard of "Juul", so I can't really comment.
I'm assuming based on context, they're some sort of e-cig company?
I don't permit ads in my internet browsing experience, so if they're advertising online, I haven't seen it.
Obviously, any product containing an addictive drug (yes, nicotine counts) is probably not good for you.

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't permit ads in my internet browsing experience, so if they're advertising online, I haven't seen it.
Obviously, any product containing an addictive drug (yes, nicotine counts) is probably not good for you.
Yup they're an e-cig company.

I typically don't care about smoking and vaping and feel people should do what they want, but targeting minors and people trying to live a healthier life is all sorts of wrong.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Not to mention they make "Flavors" that sound not so harmful and I have seen picture of their packaging that looks like Food Items.

That is literally the definition of "Deceptive Business Practices" right there which combined with advertising in places that will be seen by perhaps millions of Minors should get them in all kinds of Legal Trouble (if it didn't already).

I tried to find the advertising where it showed their packaging looking like for items, but couldn't find it online, probably because they were forced to remove it.

Last edited:

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
advertizing to kids is wrong but vaping is alot better than smoking it contains no cancer causing chemicles unless you by from china i have been vaping 7 years and im not dead

Bass

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Not to mention they make "Flavors" that sound not so harmful and I have seen picture of their packaging that looks like Food Items.

That is literally the definition of "Deceptive Business Practices" right there which combined with advertising in places that will be seen by perhaps millions of Minors should get them in all kinds of Legal Trouble (if it didn't already).

I tried to find the advertising where it showed their packaging looking like for items, but couldn't find it online, probably because they were forced to remove it.
Well I can tell you, as a smoker who would frequently switch to vaping over smoking (I always fell back because vaporizers are a pain in the ass), if a vape didn’t taste like Mango Dream or Lemon Lime Soda I’d rather smoke a cigarette. The good flavors are to draw people away from smoking cigarettes. That’s kind of the idea. I have never owned a Juul, but just because little bastard children love to get ahold of them cuz they’re edgey or whatever doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t have good flavors. Now the advertising is a whole dofferent issue and one I would probably agree with you on, but I’ve never seen the advertisement.

Traemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
. . . vaping is alot better than smoking it contains no cancer causing chemicles . . . .
That's the theory, but recent studies don't actually support the claim. Among other issues, there's a very high correspondence between people who vape and those who smoke and the effects of all the OTHER compounds in vaping are just now starting to come to light. The claim that vaping contains no carcinogens is also dubious, but hard to address given the massive variations in fluids even within one manufacturer. About the only thing that seems to be well supported is the lack of tars in vape "smoke" although there might well be other compounds that end up doing the same thing.

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
That's the theory, but recent studies don't actually support the claim. Among other issues, there's a very high correspondence between people who vape and those who smoke and the effects of all the OTHER compounds in vaping are just now starting to come to light. The claim that vaping contains no carcinogens is also dubious, but hard to address given the massive variations in fluids even within one manufacturer. About the only thing that seems to be well supported is the lack of tars in vape "smoke" although there might well be other compounds that end up doing the same thing.
Let's not forget people used to think cigarettes were healthy just pretty recently in our history if you think about it.

Vapes are still a relatively new thing and more research needs to be done on them. Cancer takes a very long time to develop and may or may not happen to all smokers.

Last edited:

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
Well I can tell you, as a smoker who would frequently switch to vaping over smoking (I always fell back because vaporizers are a pain in the ass), if a vape didn’t taste like Mango Dream or Lemon Lime Soda I’d rather smoke a cigarette. The good flavors are to draw people away from smoking cigarettes. That’s kind of the idea. I have never owned a Juul, but just because little bastard children love to get ahold of them cuz they’re edgey or whatever doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t have good flavors. Now the advertising is a whole dofferent issue and one I would probably agree with you on, but I’ve never seen the advertisement.
I'm not against flavors that's great to give people choices and such.

I just hate the way Juul talks about their products

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
This is one of the advertisements by the way for those who haven't seen or heard of them.

If you heard this ad on the radio they completely leave out the fine print where it says it contains chemicals known to cause cancer.

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm not against the Flavor aspect either, if you are 18 and they told you truthfully that it could be very harmful, and you still want to Vape I am fine with that just like how just about everyone these days knows smoking Tobacco is bad; but people still gotta have their Cigarettes.

Edit: so it isn't specifically Juul that does the packaging that looks like food items, it is many different e-cig companies; still they shouldn't be allowed to make packaging like that.

Last edited:

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
i agree that there are the possibilities of side effectes the atudya from other countries contradic the stusiea feom the us anyway i am way above 18 nd ita my choice

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Thats entirely your right, but you are choosing to forego the option that is at least 95 percent less damaging than cigarettes out of annoyance.
Source

There is so much misinformation in this thread. Ill be editing citations and responses to other
posts shortly.

EDIT:

Does anyone else get really upset at Juul advertising?
Yeah the vaping community had issues with their advertising well before the government stepped in. We have always enforced those rules on ourselves. We know that any slight will be one more piece of evidence vaping needs to be banned despite all evidence to the contrary, and its A LOT of evidence at this point.

This is one of the advertisements by the way for those who haven't seen or heard of them.

If you heard this ad on the radio they completely leave out the fine print where it says it contains chemicals known to cause cancer.
That is a legal requirement because the federal government considers them a tobacco product. No reputable peer reviewed study has even found carcinogens in vapor products. They actually found they help reverse certain damage, such as the conditions that cause COPD. Propylene glycol is used to treat air in hospitals , because of its anti bacterial and hydrophilic properties, for petes sake.

I typically don't care about smoking and vaping and feel people should do what they want, but targeting minors and people trying to live a healthier life is all sorts of wrong.
Whats more wrong? Banning the most effective tobacco harm reduction tool man has ever created, or kids getting addicted to something that is slightly more addictive than caffeine when not combined with all the additives in tobacco. By the way, tobacco is the leading cause of preventable death globally. I know which is immoral. Nicotine isnt even in the top 5 most addictive things in cigarettes.
Forbes article discussing this.
I can link multiple studies here but the article is more user friendly.

Thats also before a substance caused by the steeping process of ejuice, nicotyrine, inhibits the enzymes in the lung and liver that deal with nicotine metabolization. That means you need less nicotine, less often, to be satisfied.

Nicotyrine study

There's not a single thing about vaping the media has fear mongered over that has scientific backing. Im being entirely literal here.

Last edited:

DocBrown

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
Wow. Folks are claiming that nicotine is slightly more addictive than caffeine?

Yeah, one can cherrypick sources, such as those that say that nicotine is more addictive than cocaine, but that seems unlikely. After perusing the web and sniffing agendas, the Guardian's analysis felt right to me: nicotine is the third most addictive common drug, after heroin and cocaine. Caffeine? "Yawn".

So please, d4l, teach me: what five substances in cigarettes did the researchers miss that are more addictive than nicotine? Because I've never heard in 60 years of interest of a single addictive substance in cigs besides nicotine. (The closest is "behavior" and "association", as in the post-coital CIG. Please post those links because Forbes isn't terribly reputable from a science standpoint.
Thanks in advance. (I'm eager to learn)

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Wow. Folks are claiming that nicotine is slightly more addictive than caffeine?

Yeah, one can cherrypick sources, such as those that say that nicotine is more addictive than cocaine, but that seems unlikely. After perusing the web and sniffing agendas, the Guardian's analysis felt right to me: nicotine is the third most addictive common drug, after heroin and cocaine. Caffeine? "Yawn".

So please, d4l, teach me: what five substances in cigarettes did the researchers miss that are more addictive than nicotine? Because I've never heard in 60 years of interest of a single addictive substance in cigs besides nicotine. (The closest is "behavior" and "association", as in the post-coital CIG. Please post those links because Forbes isn't terribly reputable from a science standpoint.
Thanks in advance. (I'm eager to learn)
Fun fact nicotine withdrawal lasts 72 hours maximum. You know why people feel crappy for weeks?

Withdrawal from ssris,snris, and maois. Receptor down regulation takes time for the brain to regain normal function.There are multiple substances from each of those classes of drugs in cigarettes.

Its pretty funny i linked all those studies in my last, yet all you have to offer are weak attempts at fallacious refutation. I didn't cherry pick anything, youre just wrong.

Its the same reason antidepressants take weeks to come to full effect. They ares also ssris, snris, and maios. Though maios have fallen out of use for the most part because the other options are superior.

Last edited:

DocBrown

Est. Contributor
Role
Folks, note that nicotine is highly toxic. Not a direct carcinogen, but it poisons and kills cells and it causes vascular constriction. The constriction might be one of the main reasons cigs cause heart disease, strokes, and lung damage. Note that weed has many of the bad stuff in cigs but even though biased researchers have tried their darndest, nobody has ever shown any significant harm from toking. Why? Two possible reasons is that THC is a vascular dialator and so helps function, and tobacco has a wonderful ability to remove radioactive stuff from the ground. Yep, post-nuclear war your first crop should probably be tobacco that you throw away, far, far away.

Interesting topic. Thanks for forming this thread

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Folks, note that nicotine is highly toxic. Not a direct carcinogen, but it poisons and kills cells and it causes vascular constriction. The constriction might be one of the main reasons cigs cause heart disease, strokes, and lung damage. Note that weed has many of the bad stuff in cigs but even though biased researchers have tried their darndest, nobody has ever shown any significant harm from toking. Why? Two possible reasons is that THC is a vascular dialator and so helps function, and tobacco has a wonderful ability to remove radioactive stuff from the ground. Yep, post-nuclear war your first crop should probably be tobacco that you throw away, far, far away.

Interesting topic. Thanks for forming this thread
Factually incorrect again. Tar is what causes those problems. Nicotine is a mild vasoconstrictor at best. Try again.

Funnily enough, the studies proving you wrong are already linked above. Im getting a chuckle anyway.

EDIT:

Heres one more to prove the point.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53012/

I can back up every single thing i said here, try me. You're going to come with more than fallacies this time though.

Last edited:

DocBrown

Est. Contributor
Role
D4l,
I said that the folks that say that nicotine is more addictive than cocaine were cherry picking. You didn't say that so the comment does not apply to you.
You did not link to the studies that back your claims, but said that you can. I just asked you to do so. Please don't go adversarial.
Link to a peer-reviewed study that says that nicotine is barely more addictive than caffeine. Thanks, and stay positive

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
If you actually read any of them you would know this to be false. I even linked multiple that came to the same conclusion, specifically for that reason.

Man, youre too easy. Still not a single citation. Provide citations or admit youre wrong. Its the same either way.

Also keep in my my study came from one of, if not the, oldest and most respected medical organization in the world. .

Last edited:

DocBrown

Est. Contributor
Role
Thats entirely your right, but you are choosing to forego the option that is at least 95 percent less damaging than cigarettes out of annoyance.
Source

There is so much misinformation in this thread. Ill be editing citations and responses to other
posts shortly.

EDIT:

Yeah the vaping community had issues with their advertising well before the government stepped in. We have always enforced those rules on ourselves. We know that any slight will be one more piece of evidence vaping needs to be banned despite all evidence to the contrary, and its A LOT of evidence at this point.

That is a legal requirement because the federal government considers them a tobacco product. No reputable peer reviewed study has even found carcinogens in vapor products. They actually found they help reverse certain damage, such as the conditions that cause COPD. Propylene glycol is used to treat air in hospitals , because of its anti bacterial and hydrophilic properties, for petes sake.

Whats more wrong? Banning the most effective tobacco harm reduction tool man has ever created, or kids getting addicted to something that is slightly more addictive than caffeine when not combined with all the additives in tobacco. By the way, tobacco is the leading cause of preventable death globally. I know which is immoral. Nicotine isnt even in the top 5 most addictive things in cigarettes.
Forbes article discussing this.
I can link multiple studies here but the article is more user friendly.

Thats also before a substance caused by the steeping process of ejuice, nicotyrine, inhibits the enzymes in the lung and liver that deal with nicotine metabolization. That means you need less nicotine, less often, to be satisfied.

Nicotyrine study

There's not a single thing about vaping the media has fear mongered over that has scientific backing. Im being entirely literal here.
Strange. Your Post does NOT have but two links. Are you referring to some other post?

And please, be friendly. I'm ready to learn.

You spoke of tar. Weed has more tar than cigs but weed has very few harmful effects. Explain