Just tired of it...

Role
  1. Incontinent
Today is why the reason I'm so tired with wearing diapers. I'm tired of cleaning and changing. Day and night. I'm really tired of messy accidents. I hate when people write or tell me that it get's easier. Easier? Really? It's never ending. It's been for 6 years now. I'm 41. What do incontinent people do after 10 years? 20 or 30 years? I wake almost everyday having with that ordeal of cleaning and changing. I hate to say this but today I just won't get up and change my diapers. I won't go to my studio. I'm just watching TV and posting this instead. I'm wearing the same diapers.The disposables are saturated and loaded. The cloth diaper is wet. I'm tired of cleaning them and me. It's the afternoon now. I guess I'll have to clean and shower eventually. Get a clean and dry diaper. What the f**k. It's just one of those days. Crap.

Reactions: Diprs2, greatlake5, EcoIncon and 2 others
I know the feeling. Incontinence doesn’t take a day off, even when you need a break.

I’ve been there. Feeling so low I just lay in bed, in a wet and messy diaper. Not wanting to get up and deal with it, not wanting to sit in my mess, just wanting to be “normal”. I won’t tell you that it gets better, but I will tell you not every day is so low.

You can’t feel despair, you have to push through it and keep going.

Reactions: Diprs2, jessraven, inrealcolor and 7 others
I feel you.

I could have written this today.

I'm sorry that your day has been hard and this is getting you down.

Reactions: Diprs2
DiaperDiva said:
I know the feeling. Incontinence doesn’t take a day off, even when you need a break.

I’ve been there. Feeling so low I just lay in bed, in a wet and messy diaper. Not wanting to get up and deal with it, not wanting to sit in my mess, just wanting to be “normal”. I won’t tell you that it gets better, but I will tell you not every day is so low.

You can’t feel despair, you have to push through it and keep going.
It's 3:00 now and I'm showered and I have a clean diaper. I do feel better. You're right. I had to just push through it. It was just one of those afternoons. I'm going to walk to my studio and try to do some work. Thank God there's no diaper rash. Jeeze.

Reactions: Diprs2, MaxxH, DragonPrinceling and 1 other person
georgianchants131 said:
Today is why the reason I'm so tired with wearing diapers. I'm tired of cleaning and changing. Day and night. I'm really tired of messy accidents. I hate when people write or tell me that it get's easier. Easier? Really? It's never ending. It's been for 6 years now. I'm 41. What do incontinent people do after 10 years? 20 or 30 years? I wake almost everyday having with that ordeal of cleaning and changing. I hate to say this but today I just won't get up and change my diapers. I won't go to my studio. I'm just watching TV and posting this instead. I'm wearing the same diapers.The disposables are saturated and loaded. The cloth diaper is wet. I'm tired of cleaning them and me. It's the afternoon now. I guess I'll have to clean and shower eventually. Get a clean and dry diaper. What the f**k. It's just one of those days. Crap.
I'm sorry for your situation... Please try and look on the bright side! I think sometimes we all compare ourselves with others. But our situations are unique..

georgianchants131 said:
What do incontinent people do after 10 years? 20 or 30 years? I wake almost everyday having with that ordeal of cleaning and changing.
I dislike messy accidents in public, and often times hate being forced to wear diapers 24/7. I have no control over this part of my life, I just have to keep on living best I can and try not to let it get to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Kittyinpink
I know exactly what we do after 30 years , we get old and frail enough we have aides that helps us do things we can not do like diaper changes .

Reactions: Diprs2 and Quanon
I myself have daily multiple poopy diapers, along with them being very wet.
I got used to having utterly zero control over my bladder and bowel due to my having Cerebral Palsy.
Sometime I myself have "bad days".
Your experience is not unique.

I am still very new to this and the diapers are more of a tool for me to make my situation better - but i am not 24/7.

On the other side i get very angry and somehow disappointed when the diaper leaks.

At the moment the medication works not bad for me, i has gotten easier, but i am really worried it will get worse in the future and there is enough evidence it will happen. I do try not to think about 10 years from now.

I’m just a DL but I couldn’t imagine what actually being incontinent can do to the mind. That’s why I still just don’t get why some folks want to become incontinent. I wish the best for you and hope you can make peace with your situation.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Quanon, chrischrischris and 1 other person
I'm not incontinent, but for most people who do struggle daily with something that makes them want to just stay in bed or give up, this post is very relatable. I don't really know how incontinence is, I don't know if it gets easier. But I think at some point, we need to stop viewing the things we can't change as things we must struggle against. If you can "befriend" the enemy, then maybe you won't feel like you're fighting a war alone everyday. I don't think that makes it easier, but it'll at least feel like you've taken back its power over you.

Would it help to identify any positives (even if you have to make some up)? For example, maybe you don't wake up through the night to use the toilet, meaning you sleep better at night (idk if that's true, of course). These are things not to mitigate your struggles, but to help you no longer see it as an uphill battle.

I don't really know if any of this helps or if it's the proper response. But many a wise person has told me to just take things "one day at a time." So I'll offer the same to you, internet neighbor. I wish all the best, please take care.

Reactions: Diprs2, pdiapered, chrischrischris and 3 others
Call yourself lucky. You can walk, jump, run, go on with your life without hellish pains. I’m also 41, 6 years ago I lost my son and a year later I was in a wheelchair because of a spinal injury in my neck. I can use my limps, but only with so much pain. I can stand and walk about 5 meters, but not at will, just a few times a day. I always lay or sit in bed, only excluded the time I‘m at work,

I wish I had just a diaper problem. Because I do understand it is a problem for you. But I wanted to give you some perspective. I’m just jealous that you are walking to your work!

I try to look at people that have it worse then me. For instance, somebody that has a severed spinal cord in the neck. I’m just lucky that I can work again, because the doctors said I would never be able to do that.

Reactions: Diprs2, Quanon and (deleted member)
RainbowConnection said:
But I think at some point, we need to stop viewing the things we can't change as things we must struggle against. If you can "befriend" the enemy, then maybe you won't feel like you're fighting a war alone everyday. I don't think that makes it easier, but it'll at least feel like you've taken back its power over you.
Befriending your worst enemy. This is so true…. Otherwise, you don’t have a life. But it is not easy!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Rainbow
TDR -
I should be happy I don't feel pain. Yes, I'm physically active. But my brain doesn't work right. I feel dizziness (vertigo, unsteady and loss of Balance).
I don't listen well, hearing what I respond to and reading or writing. Are all due to aphasia (the loss of the power to use or understand words). I ask friends and family to write what they say. I have memory problems. It's frustrating. And yes, I'm completely incontinent. I acknowledge that diapers keep me from being wet or spoiled. Accepting them is harder.

I do have a few enemies. And I do battle them daily. Small victories feel hollow. But I do understand that life goes on. I have to remember that.

georgianchants131 said:
TDR -
I should be happy I don't feel pain. Yes, I'm physically active. But my brain doesn't work right. I feel dizziness (vertigo, unsteady and loss of Balance).
I don't listen well, hearing what I respond to and reading or writing. Are all due to aphasia (the loss of the power to use or understand words). I ask friends and family to write what they say. I have memory problems. It's frustrating. And yes, I'm completely incontinent. I acknowledge that diapers keep me from being wet or spoiled. Accepting them is harder.

I do have a few enemies. And I do battle them daily. Small victories feel hollow. But I do understand that life goes on. I have to remember that.
Why do you have enemies? Are you sure ? Do you mean actual people or your own psyche? I find with me I am my worst enemy because I torture myself with insecure thoughts and I am very soft person , so I let people manipulate me . I'm sorry you are in a bad place right now. How about writing how you are feeling right now! And also , realistically what would be really positive in your life at the moment?

georgianchants131 said:
TDR -

Don’t let them win. Who is stronger, you or your enemies? I know the struggle all to well. A lot of days I just want to die. I lost someone lately and I just wanted to switch with him. But nonetheless, I’ll start again every new day and don’t give up for my loved ones. My son would be devastated if I gave up. My will is very strong, which is a blessing AND a curse.

All the best, mate, keep your chin up. And find help if you need help. Don’t wait until it worsens. May it be physical or psychological.

What do incontinent people do often living with the condition for decades? We hang in there, diaper up, and go on with our lives!

Reactions: Diprs2 and (deleted member)
TDR - I really don't have psychological issues. My thinking just doesn't work perfectly. I'm kind of slow for almost everything. Mentally I sometimes feel emotionally sad and frustrated. And yes, sometimes mad at myself. Mostly because my friends and family are doing everything they can to help me. Believe me, I feel much better than I was from Wednesday. It was just a really "shitty" day.

You know every time I get down about it I just tell myself there is someone who has it worse than me. I don't have the mess daily but I know its coming. I have been bladder IC almost all my life and there are worse things than incontinence believe me when I say that. I have had gastroparesis the last 3 years of my life. I have been in the hospital 6 times this year alone from 3 to 8 days at a time. I throw up between 10 to 100 times a day when at its worse. Like for real dry heaves every 2 min for 20 plus hours until blood will come up. I was to have a surgery to try and fix it but my insurance is calling the surgery elective and wont pay for it I found out today. I am so depressed but I cant give up. I have contemplated suicide a few times when having a 20 hour barf Athlon but I know my family needs me and cares about me so I just couldn't do it no matter how miserable I get. But the sad thing is their are people that are unable to move from the neck down and have to have people tend to their every need. At least for most days I can wipe my own ass and clean my self up. Just be glad you are going through this in todays times when we have quality products to help us.

I don't say these things to make light of your situation because I know it sucks too. I had to go to high school in diapers and didn't play sports or anything because I didn't want to have to change around the others. All I can say is keep your head up and try to keep a positive attitude because attitude is everything. If you allow it to drag you down it is going to every time. So many good caring people on this site going through the same thing. Take in all the advise and tips and tricks you can. This is the entire reason I joined the site I got tired of feeling alone in this life. Please don't take it like I am beating you up for feeling down about it because I have those days for sure. If I can do anything or you want to talk PM me or hit me back on the forum . We all have to stick together. The truth is your IC might not ever get better and it may get worse but your life does not have too. I don't know if you believe in the lord but if you do just know he won't put more on us than we can handle. Best of luck

Reactions: Diprs2 and surprise35
Back