Just ordered NorthShore Supreme Briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortsub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
do you think I will be pleased with them currently using molicare plastic backed...

Although I primarily wear cloth diapers with plastic pants, Molicares were my preferred disposable for a while. Then I got samples of Northshore Supremes and that was that! They fit great, wick well, their capacity should be listed in pounds not ounces and they don't leak. I've gone 4 heavy wettings with no leakage even when sitting. The tapes refasten well and I think they're reasonably priced. I don't wear them every night as I mix and match between cloth and disposable but the Northshores have never let me down.

I think you'll love them! IMHO, they are vastly superior to Molicares. They are a bit stiff in comparison to most other diapers, and some people don't like that. Be sure to prep them like they tell you to ... fold them lengthwise down the center to create a "V" or channel. Let us know what you think after you try them.

I disagree I like molicares better .... the northshores don't sit properly on my hips so I have to constantly pull them up (and being cloth they stretch and have to be refastened every so often .... no night use for me). I also find they clump weird in my crotch - even the wider waddlers overnights fit nicer and don't rub. I don't know if they made them for guys or not but I get a HUGE bulge just in front of my crotch that makes it look like I'm a huge boy ... no way what so ever I could ever wear outside the house.

I may need to try medium as I'm at the max for hips in small and where they attach around the hips it barely fits - where the small molicares attach they fit very well and stay perfectly in place for me :) The problem with 32" hips and a 25" waist :\ seem to be between small and medium in most diapers.

So its all about your body type and how each brand is cut.

They are worth the money. I received many samples before i finally ordered a case. They are now my go to non-AB diaper. Also as AndresMommy said fold them down the center to create a V shape otherwise i've found they tend to soak more to one side.

Karma get a onesie it cuts down on that , I wear the Northshore on days that I go to the Doctors which means 12 hours on Greyhound another hour on local transit and no place to change and the serve me well, you will like them if not love them.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

i love this brand. it's definitly my go to disposable. just make sure to fold it length wise to get rid of a lot of the boxyness

I like the Northshores a lot. They crinkle and swell nicely, and affordable.

KarmaBaby said:
I disagree I like molicares better .... the northshores don't sit properly on my hips so I have to constantly pull them up (and being cloth they stretch and have to be refastened every so often .... no night use for me).

To each his own, Karma, and I love the Molicare Super Plus too, but I believe this post is about the Northshore Supreme diapers, not the AirSupremes, which are the cloth-backed version. It's funny that you've had problems with clumping, though. That's one problem I have never had with the Northshore diapers, but have had with the Molicares. Funny how one diaper can work and fit so differently on different people. I guess that's why there are so many of them, huh? :)

-RMS

I agree northsore are great for price on crinkle, bulk, and absorbancy. I havent had the opertunity to try the cloth back i have always got the plastic. Huggles

The Northshore is a comfortable high capacity diaper in my opinion. I sampled them while I was looking for my go to diaper.

I use the Norhtshore Plastic backed diapers and so far what I have loved about them is the padding doesn't break apart. I am very active and through out the day, Abena M4 and Molicare brands tend to break up inside the diapers. For even more protection the Norshore 2XL booster is like adding a second diaper that doesn't have an outer liner. I have been able to go 16-24hrs depending on fluid intake using them like that. For my body, the Northshore Med is a little snugger than the Abena M4. Because of that, I now use my Northshore as my night diaper and I use ComfiDry/24/7 as my day diaper for work or when I will be out for long times. Just an FYI with the Northshore, I have found it best if you fold the diaper in half before putting it on. They have a little demo video showing and explaining how and why it should be done.

From what i've read here, people seem to prefer the Northshore over the Abena M4s. Is this true? I want to know as I am planning to order my first package soon.

PaddedArtist said:
From what i've read here, people seem to prefer the Northshore over the Abena M4s. Is this true? I want to know as I am planning to order my first package soon.
That's a huge yes from me. I've never been the biggest fan of Abena 4s, but i absolutely adore the Northshore Supremes.

-RMS

PaddedArtist said:

A giant humongous yes from me. North shore is much more absorbent, secure, and durable. They have by FAR the most effective wicking in a sitting position. I do not care for the cloth backed though, they're just as made as every clothbacked as far as the outer cover getting damp.

Northshore Supremes are brilliant. The only critique of them I've ever heard is that some people don't care for the very stiff padding. But, to be honest I kind of like the rigidness of it!

And yet, they're wildly absorbent for the price you pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered the Northshore supreme mediums and they're great! Similar to Abena, but cheaper and better IMO. The padding is VERY thick and a little stiff, but very absorbent as a result. It's probably not a good diaper to wear in public if you're trying to be conspicuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back