Just found something out about my university marching band...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJDodger

Resident Malamute
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Funny story, I may be misremembering it, but whatever. After playing for a game a couple weeks ago, we were on the bus going back to our hotel. I was talking with some alto sax players (I'm a tuba player), and evidently, some of the tenor sax players will wear diapers during a game, as their section gameday tradition (pretty much every section has something like that- we put Icy Hot on our junk before pregame. Well, some of us do. I don't). They don't use them, since they get saturated with sweat anyways, and apparently they squish around alot when we run-cadence on and off the field. Honestly, that sounds like every definition of the word awful. Someone else asked if altos do the same thing- they said the tenors are like their weird cousins they don't like talking about. I once considered wearing a diaper on game day, since I almost wet myself at the end of our first game of the season after drinking 4 bottles of water in the 4th quarter, but I'd have no way of subtly getting it on, and I sweat too much anyways.

Sweat ruins all the fun

I just finished my third year with my college's marching band as well. I've always wanted to wear during a game but figured that it could show even underneath thick bibbers, and since it would be four hours until I could take it off and it gets upwards to 100 degrees in September, I never did.

I played the alto sax all 4 years in high school. I never wore during a football game we played at, as everyone changed out of their uniforms in the bandroom and it would have been too easy to have been spotted. Although wearing one might have been more convenient as it took awhile to take it off if you needed to use the restroom.

I had enough of marching band after high school. Marching bands used to just be a bunch of geeks and nerds having a good time but now a lot of them are basically just cults full of dumb jocks and hazing.

INTrePid said:
I had enough of marching band after high school. Marching bands used to just be a bunch of geeks and nerds having a good time but now a lot of them are basically just cults full of dumb jocks and hazing.

Not to mention: they wear diapers. How weird is that?!!

Dolphin said:
I played the alto sax all 4 years in high school. I never wore during a football game we played at, as everyone changed out of their uniforms in the bandroom and it would have been too easy to have been spotted. Although wearing one might have been more convenient as it took awhile to take it off if you needed to use the restroom.

I thought about how convenient it would have been back in high school, but since I was the drum major for my junior and senior year, I wore a suit, so it wasn't a problem going to the restrooms.
I didn't get into my college's band freshman year, probably because I tried out on my tenor sax...60 saxes trying out for 30 positions, ehhh. I got over it, though. Gave me more time to be a college kid :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back